CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My family was informed of her disappearance on July 16th. In informing my family Rob mentioned he had cancelled the flights. His family members later repeated that her flights had been cancelled when I tried to reach Robbie by phone.

In the first conversation he had with my family Robbie also said they should cancel the hotel reservations because "she's not gonna make it." endquote.

The source for last sighting is a neighbour's surveillance cam. I'm still waiting to see this footage, but I am trusting the source.
Oh carp, Barb disappeared July 12th and four days later he cancels the flight.

Doesn't seem like that would be high on the priority list of things to do when your wife is missing? What would that indicate; personal knowledge she isn't coming back. Highly concerned about money/expenses. Hong Kong trip was a sensitive event for Robert, therefore it was at the forefront for him.

DB when was her flight scheduled, I've forgotten the date.

My family was informed of her disappearance on July 16th. In informing my family Rob mentioned he had cancelled the flights. His family members later repeated that her flights had been cancelled when I tried to reach Robbie by phone.

In the first conversation he had with my family Robbie also said they should cancel the hotel reservations because "she's not gonna make it." endquote.

The source for last sighting is a neighbour's surveillance cam. I'm still waiting to see this footage, but I am trusting the source.
Apologies if I missed it - when was she scheduled to fly out to HK?

Sounds like he gave up on her early on - "she's not gonna make it".

Doesn't seem like that would be high on the priority list of things to do when your wife is missing? What would that indicate; personal knowledge she isn't coming back. Highly concerned about money/expenses. Hong Kong trip was a sensitive event for Robert, therefore it was at the forefront for him.

Unfortunately sounds like it. And he thought it was more important to cancel her flight than to inform her family she was missing. This is disturbing.

Unfortunately sounds like it. And he thought it was more important to cancel her flight than to inform her family she was missing. This is disturbing.
They should have been informed on the 12th in the middle of all hell breaking loose in his life..
jmho

Last edited:
This also occurred to me. I've forgotten already how the rock hunting got into this 'story'
I've never heard anything about her hunting for rocks that day.

All we've heard is that they wanted to stop and look at the rock formations and take pictures.

Picking up small rocks for a collection is different. If she planned to do that, we have not heard amything about it. Imo

Where is Not There?
....I think LE has stopped searches at that location b/c they have satisfied themselves that BT is not there. ...
^ snipped for focus.

Agreeing w above, but -------------------------- (there's always a 'but' isn't there?)
"Not there" means not in SAR's prescribed, planned search area, in this case covered intensively for 12(?) days. Is it possible BT's remains are outside SAR's designated search area - 1/4 mi? 1/2 mi? or further? Not saying she is, just a possibility.

I am not criticizing this SAR team. I bet all SARs always wish they could always put more boots, dogs, ATVs, & horses on the ground and more drones & choppers in the air, until they locate the subject, preferably alive. But they work w info provided by others (husband here) which may be inadvertently or deliberately inaccurate for various reasons. And the heat, for crying out loud. 100 deg. F may be terrific for an hour or two of Kindle-ing on a lounge chair, w an iced drink at hand. For stomping around thorny, spiny plants on uneven, rocky terrain, and weighted down w SAR gear they carry? Not so much. All jmo.

This is a phone call you overheard or is this a summary of what you were told?

All we've heard is that they wanted to stop and look at the rock formations and take pictures.

Picking up small rocks for a collection is different. If she planned to do that, we have not heard amything about it. Imo
RT did not say that in any of his interviews. VI stated Barb liked to pick up rocks and wood on her hikes, but did not infer or state she did that on the day she disappeared.

Dear all, I posted some pictures of the rockformation where Barbara went missing a while ago. These posts got deleted.
Can someone please tell me what TOS I violated?
Could it be because I didn't post the link, or are pics unwanted in general?
I'd like to go by the rules here, so thanks in advance.

This also occurred to me. I've forgotten already how the rock hunting got into this 'story'

I believe that the rock hunting originally came from our VI, @dbdb11, saying that rock hunting, hunting for desert wood were things she liked to do. If I remember rightly, dbdb11 never said that it was anything she did on this trip, but people have speculated that seeing interesting things might have lured her from the trail.

MOO

Dear all, I posted some pictures of the rockformation where Barbara went missing a while ago. These posts got deleted.

I believe you needed to post the link. Pics are definitely allowed, but they need to be attributed.:)

That's a Mod question to be asked privately, not a fellow poster question.

We've heard that she liked to collect rocks, and things like bits of driftwood. If she saw an interesting or attractive stone, she's going to pick it up. Doesn't have to be any "planning" involved.

RT did not say that in any of his interviews. VI stated Barb liked to pick up rocks and wood on her hikes, but did not infer or state she did that on the day she disappeared.
Right, the intention was to look at and take pictures of rock formations, according to Robert.
I don't know if it is also a good spot to look for small rocks or driftwood but I don't know if that's what she was planning on or not. I guess it's possible.

The key thing here is to find Barbara. If anyone has suggestions on how to get on that track, can offer this story to investigative journalists, for example. Or other independent investigators, those actions would would be a REALLY big help.

If the right people start looking into this we could make progress outside of whatever investigation the police are doing. There are a lot of highly competent people here on these forums and there are a lot who know and are in contact with other extremely qualified investigators. Please ask them what they think about this case.

Thank you all again. Please spread the word and help find Barbara.

Actually, by the time RT contacted Barb’s family July 16 he had canceled the flight according to our VI, so RT could have done it even sooner than four days after BT disappeared. I’m sure LE has established a timeline for the tickets.

The key thing here is to find Barbara. If anyone has suggestions on how to get on that track, can offer this story to investigative journalists, for example. Or other independent investigators, those actions would would be a REALLY big help.

If the right people start looking into this we could make progress outside of whatever investigation the police are doing. There are a lot of highly competent people here on these forums and there are a lot who know and are in contact with other extremely qualified investigators. Please ask them what they think about this case.

Thank you all again. Please spread the word and help find Barbara.

BBM- The media has fallen silent, LE isn't talking. Asking journalists to follow up with LE may be the only way we get any news. Media can also do a PRR for the 911 call!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee