CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Not There?
^ snipped for focus.

Agreeing w above, but -------------------------- (there's always a 'but' isn't there?)
"Not there" means not in SAR's prescribed, planned search area, in this case covered intensively for 12(?) days. Is it possible BT's remains are outside SAR's designated search area - 1/4 mi? 1/2 mi? or further? Not saying she is, just a possibility.

I am not criticizing this SAR team. I bet all SARs always wish they could always put more boots, dogs, ATVs, & horses on the ground and more drones & choppers in the air, until they locate the subject, preferably alive. But they work w info provided by others (husband here) which may be inadvertently or deliberately inaccurate for various reasons. And the heat, for crying out loud. 100 deg. F may be terrific for an hour or two of Kindle-ing on a lounge chair, w an iced drink at hand. For stomping around thorny, spiny plants on uneven, rocky terrain, and weighted down w SAR gear they carry? Not so much. All jmo.
Those thorns are vicious..one went through my tennis into my foot

They should have been informed on the 12th in the middle of all hell breaking loose in his life..
jmho

We discussed this earlier. In fairness to him, RT’s phone was likely in LE’s possession on the 12th and he sat in a police car for 5 hours according to RT. Plus, if he is innocent, he may have hoped she’d be found quickly and not want to worry her family immediately. I’ll cut him slack for not calling them on July 12, but four days does seem too long to wait.

We've heard that she liked to collect rocks, and things like bits of driftwood. If she saw an interesting or attractive stone, she's going to pick it up. Doesn't have to be any "planning" involved.
Of course, but why would it be important?
According to Robert that was not the purpose of the walk. He stated they decided to stop and look at rock formations and take pictures.

I'm not sure I understamd what difference it makes whether she decided to pick up rocks or not?

Is the implication that Robert was lying about the purpose of the trip? If so, what would be the reason?

Last edited:
We have a verified crime reporter here named David Lohr. He did an interview in the Kiera Bergman case which in my opinion helped to break the case.

He's a member of WS and Texas EquuSearch. I wonder if he would follow up?
David Lohr

I noticed on profile posts that @dbdb11 already asked for David’s help on Thursday. I hope he heard back. If not, he may want to contact him by email.

New Profile Posts

Huffington Post directs people to David’s website to contact him, but I don’t see contact info there.
David Lohr

We discussed this earlier. In fairness to him, RT’s phone was likely in LE’s possession on the 12th and he sat in a police car for 5 hours according to RT. Plus, if he is innocent, he may have hoped she’d be found quickly and not want to worry her family immediately. I’ll cut him slack for not calling them on July 12, but four days does seem too long to wait.
This was posted to Facebook by the sheriff office on July 12th.. That is when I first noticed this..
The search for Barbara Thomas, age 69,... - San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department

In a family crisis Information is important and Family Support is Important .. Those crews walking and that helicopter flying around spells crisis to me.. LE has landlines and people call home all the time.
jmho

Hi again, thanks for continuing to pursue this! We still have no answers. From what I understand, he searched for quite a while to even find her family members' phone numbers (I'm figuring since he had phones/computer confiscated). He also didn't want to add chaos to an already difficult situation with her brother's failing health. I believe he was hoping she would be found quickly. @dbdb11 This is what I heard on my end...does that sound right to you?

I think BT is somewhere in or near Vegas. Not abducted, not by her own actions or intentions. How far is Vegas from their home?

Google Maps

This map was posted by another WS member and it should give you a good idea.. Looks about the same distance from their home to Las Vegas as it is to the site where she is reported missing.

I think there are clues in the things that Robbie did and did not do.

Not speaking to Barbara's family for four days - no urgency to do that on his part because he knew there was nothing they could do, no point, he'd already known her outcome?

Cancelling the flights - I just doubt that would be at the forefront of anyone's mind, especially as in missing persons's cases people are told to be positive and optimistic etc etc, and it is like admitting there is no chance she could be found.

Does anyone in the family know anything about their life insurance situation for example, or if they were in any debt? Could he be a secret gambler perhaps?

There could be so many scenarios we just have no idea about.

I think there are clues in the things that Robbie did and did not do.

Not speaking to Barbara's family for four days - no urgency to do that on his part because he knew there was nothing they could do, no point, he'd already known her outcome?

Cancelling the flights - I just doubt that would be at the forefront of anyone's mind, especially as in missing persons's cases people are told to be positive and optimistic etc etc, and it is like admitting there is no chance she could be found.

Does anyone in the family know anything about their life insurance situation for example, or if they were in any debt? Could he be a secret gambler perhaps?

There could be so many scenarios we just have no idea about.
Emph. mine

Hence the mention of Vegas ?
Or was that a Freudian (parapraxis) slip ?

I can only speak for myself but I'm having a problem with this case. I too am 69 years old and still enjoy somethings I did when I was a younger person. Call me crazy but I have grown very weary about somethings I've done in my youth. I loved riding my bikes. They're all gone today. And there is nothing more fun then that. Motorcycles are out. Basketball is out. Long hikes are out. Swimming in the ocean is out. Surfing is out. I park my truck on the street, I check "all" my rear view mirrors before exiting out. I have no recovery time if I get injured or attacked out there. So one of the old Clint Eastwood movie sayings that truly we must pay attention to is: "Every man must know his limitations". I hope its not what I'm imagining. I hope she's found safe.

I’m new to posting here but have been reading the forums for a long time. That said, is it just me or does anyone else think it’s odd that a 69 year old woman would be out in the desert in a bikini and hiking boots? I know there is a photo of her but couldn’t that have been taken while at their trailer/RV where she could be in an out of the sun.

I do understand that she was use to the dry heat but still, hiking in a bikini just doesn’t make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222