CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
please please please continue in your own search and investigation into all of this. not discussing facebook has more to do with websleuths terms of service. if you want to discuss facebook there is a facebook group i believe. my sister is in it as are robbies neice and someone from barbs sons side of the family. please feel free to join there and chime in

Since Barbara and Robert were so close and retired, why was Robert not travelling with her, do you know maybe?

While that may be why RT waited to the July 16th to tell family that Barbara had disappear, our VI has said that during that July 16th call, Robert Thomas told the family in Hong Kong (where Barbara had plane tickets to visit her very ill brother), that he had canceled the tickets because "she wasn't going to make it." The plane tickets were only for Barbara, not for him.

People here have discussed a variety of reasons that he might have said that.
MOO.
Do we know when he cancelled her plane ticket to Hong Kong?

Sorry if this is dumb but I don’t understand what sbm and bbm mean on this site. I see them used quite often. I tried googling it but a bunch of unrelated definitions came up.

Not dumb at all! I've been here a while and I still find I have to go back to this:
Websleuths Lingo
because my old brain doesn't remember like it use to.

I would also think LE would want family notified. What if Barbara has been picked up by a Good Samaritan while RT was being questioned and she couldn’t reach him to report her safe return? She might have contacted another relative.

If someone reports their spouse missing you would think LE would want to check in with any family members or friends to see if they heard from them. If someone is leaving a spouse they might go to family. I don't know if leaving from the desert when you are only separated for minutes from your spouse would be the best way to escape them.

If someone reports their spouse missing you would think LE would want to check in with any family members or friends to see if they heard from them. If someone is leaving a spouse they might go to family. I don't know if leaving from the desert when you are only separated for minutes from your spouse would be the best way to escape them.
Makes me wonder what else they didn't investigate those first crucial days.

Indeed. One would certainly hope that he canceled the flight sometime after she disappeared.
I would think he did. But if it was the next day even that would be telling. Because she could certainly have still been alive.
But apparently he cancelled it prior to calling her relatives in Hong Kong on the 16th. I would just like to know when.

I'm sure the detectives have looked into it tho.
Also, he said his lie detector test showed deception. What question(s)?
It's my understanding that the examiner always goes over the questions with the person before they administer the test. So, no questions took him by surprise. He was informed beforehand of every one of them. imo
Also they get a reading of his heart rate and then see what happens with the questions. I don't see why being tired would affect that. Maybe it could tho.

But I'm pretty sure that that photo is NOT from the day she went missing. I believe it was a photo that shows her in clothing similar to what her husband said she was wearing when she disappeared. MOO.

What if it is?
Since Barbara likes to recreate in a bikini, she probably owns several bikinis and caps in all sorts of different colors.

They stopped to make pics of a big rock formation, Barbara in her black bikini and red baseballcap.
In the picture we see exactly that, her in front of a huge rockformation in her black bikini and wearing a red baseball cap.
All as described by Robert.
What are the chances of her posing in front of another huge rock formation in the exact same outfit and cap on another occasion?

If the picture is from that afternoon, time stamped, maybe from a half hour before she walked back to the trailer, then that explains why police says no foul play, and why they are still searching in that area.

Last edited:
What if it is?
Since Barbara likes to recreate in a bikini, she probably owns several bikinis and caps in all sorts of different colors.

They stopped to make pics of a big rock formation, Barbara in her black bikini and red baseballcap.
In the picture we see exactly that, her in front of a huge rockformation in her black bikini and wearing a red baseball cap.
All as described by Robert.
What are the chances of her posing in front of another huge rock formation in the exact same outfit and cap on another occasion?
If they were really into that, I assume Robert would know not to take pictures

If the picture is from that afternoon, time stamped, maybe from a half hour before she walked back to the trailer, then that explains why police says no foul play, and why they are still searching in that area.
I just think she looks younger in that picture. But who knows. Maybe she had some work done. She is certainly a pretty woman at any age.

I would think he did. But if it was the next day even that would be telling. Because she could certainly have still been alive.
But apparently he cancelled it prior to calling her relatives in Hong Kong on the 16th. I would just like to know when.

If Robert committed a crime he for sure would not want to raise suspicion on himself by canceling her flight the same say, the next day or even prior to her disappearance.

Either way, no one can answer the when of the cancelation, same for the lie detector questions. IMO

If Robert committed a crime he for sure would not want to raise suspicion on himself by canceling her flight the same say, the next day or even prior to her disappearance.

Either way, no one can answer the when of the cancelation, same for the lie detector questions. IMO
This is true. We don’t know, but LE does. We will have to wait for clarity.

Amateur speculation and opinion

I believe when I read DB’s statement, they said that they had read it on the sons FB. I could be wrong, that’s my memory of it. I’m happy to be corrected. If that’s still first hand, that’s fine.

It just seems interesting that one family member who has not been considered a suspects actions can be questioned, but other players actions that may seem nonsensical can’t be discussed.

And yes, obviously a fine line when posters have said that they believe the husband is guilty without mincing words.

It may be so, but maybe I’m missing the part that the thing about being here is picking up every little thing when you know there’s a possibility a crime has been committed, and we all know the statistics on who usually does these crimes to get in on saying you called it. Perhaps that’s why some see absolute motive in things that could be normal, or may turn out to be a small piece of the puzzle.

I don’t know. I’m new. But yeah. I should scroll by more. I was always the one to stand up for someone when I felt a bullying situation was going on, and this triggers me into that feeling because I need more to grasp than what we have so far before sinking the boots in.

It's not bullying if you are just questioning the details of the person who last saw someone before they went missing. I think this case was treated by authorities as someone lost in a desert. It was RT that pushed the idea of kidnapping and suggesting it was about her bikini and beer. He could be innocent or not. His actions and behavior as her husband and last to see her should be looked into. If he didn't harm BT he might have information that could help find her. He would hopefully know about her life and if anything was off or even if they came in contact with someone on their way to the desert that could have been suspicious. Hopefully he is offering LE any info he has.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know this? I'm not being snarky at all so please don't take it that way, but how do you know this? You seem sure of what you're saying.

If Robert would make such a vague picture of Barbara posing, he would notice that straight away and make a new one.
Unless Barbara was not the focus of the picture but the rock was. The picture as a whole for sure is pretty, but when zoomed in to Barbara her image is vague.

Why would they want to use an old vague picture, instead of a recent one, it is not as if no one knows what a black bikini top looks like, more likely pic is from that afternoon. IMO

Could RT have asked LE for the numbers of the family that needed to be contacted. They wouldn't have needed to hand the phone back to him. He says I need to contact whoever and they write the number down. Go to a landline, or buy another phone, ask a friend or neighbour. Times like this people r willing to help
I am convinced that he wanted nothing to do with her son. I have read from our VI that Barb had communication with her son recently. I'm not sure if RT knew about it or recently found out. But that's niggling at my brain too. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x