Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just watched John Lordan’s excellent coverage of this truly baffling case, and read through this thread, and here’s what I’m coming away with.

I feel like we have to break things down from the 911 text. It happened because either:

1) there was a very real threat inside the Uber, or
2) it was a perceived threat that existed only in Beau’s mind.

1) If the threat was from inside the Uber, then it could only have come from two sources:

a) the Uber driver himself, or
b) one or more passengers, whether already inside or picked up later.

However, in both instances, I would imagine records would be available, and that these individuals would’ve been tracked down, interrogated, and ruled out (or not). In either case, I’d hope LE would know by now whether or not to continue pursuing this angle.

2) If the threat was just perceived and came from Beau’s own mind, then this too (in my opinion) could only have come from two sources:

a) a relapse due to Beau using again, or
b) a mental health crisis, which may or may not be related to substance abuse.

In both of these scenarios, either

i) the driver and/or other passengers noticed Beau’s behavior, or
ii) he/they didn’t.

In either case, again, I would think LE by now would have statements about his behavior, actions, words, etc., whether Beau was dropped off at his indicated destination, or whether in his paranoia he asked to be dropped off elsewhere, etc.

Also, he had a soft drink in his hand. Maybe it’s just me, but in this Covid era, I notice more now when people remove or lift their masks to eat or drink in enclosed communal spaces like subways and taxis—though maybe he just didn’t drink inside the Uber.

I guess it’s always possible that he didn’t actually get into an Uber because either the Uber was fake, or he accidentally got into the wrong car. I use Lyft more than Uber, and Lyft will give you the license plate of the car coming to pick you up as well as a photo of the driver. I imagine Uber does the same. And I also imagine that, having this information, Beau wouldn’t have accidentally gotten into another car. Unless maybe by this point he was already in a mental health crisis for whatever reason. But then what an unfortunate coincidence that would be!

I guess it’s always possible that he didn’t actually get into an Uber because either the Uber was fake, or he accidentally got into the wrong car. I use Lyft more than Uber, and Lyft will give you the license plate of the car coming to pick you up as well as a photo of the driver. I imagine Uber does the same. And I also imagine that, having this information, Beau wouldn’t have accidentally gotten into another car. Unless maybe by this point he was already in a mental health crisis for whatever reason. But then what an unfortunate coincidence that would be!

It would be a very unfortunate coincidence indeed! I'm reminded of a particular article I read in the news back along about someone who accidentally got in the wrong vehicle after ordering a genuine car, with terrible consequences. The possibility of a similar mistake being made, particularly in a vulnerable condition, and the 911 call, are very concerning! MOO

Thanks for mentioning the video, I had literally just found it when I saw your post!

Last edited:
I would think it be simple to make connections based on the Uber driver records and Beau’s text messages, why isn’t this happening. It is likely BM was dealing with sketchy ppl had he relapsed on hard drugs. Maybe he received a text from someone that said they were waiting for him somewhere and he texted 911 for assistance. Can’t imagine an Uber driver threatening him and killing him without any kind of evidence. Not much police investigation or active searching from the family happening. They mentioned a private investigator costing $4k a day?! This sounds excessive. Also, the mother saying the father doesn’t want to visit LA because he is working 24/7. Just saying, there are very simple questions here that I would think would lead to very simple answers.

Also want to comment on his disheveled look. Sweatpants, one pant leg tucked into his sock, a handkerchief as a mask…Beau typically dressed up and wore suits. Would be interested in interviewing who visited the night before and what did they do? Hard drugs perhaps?

Also want to comment on his disheveled look. Sweatpants, one pant leg tucked into his sock, a handkerchief as a mask…Beau typically dressed up and wore suits. Would be interested in interviewing who visited the night before and what did they do? Hard drugs perhaps?

I know there are pictures of him in suits at business functions, but do we know how he dressed when not at work?
I would like to know who visited the night before also.
I'm kind of assuming that silence by the media and family likely means they think he's voluntarily missing. :confused: MOO

It would be a very unfortunate coincidence indeed! I'm reminded of a particular article I read in the news back along about someone who accidentally got in the wrong vehicle after ordering a genuine car, with terrible consequences. The possibility of a similar mistake being made, particularly in a vulnerable condition, and the 911 call, are very concerning! MOO

Thanks for mentioning the video, I had literally just found it when I saw your post!
Thank you for mentioning it also as I had not seen it yet.

Here it is --
Beau Mann on Brainscratch Searchlight - YouTube

It's been mentioned about the possibility that Beau entered a 'fake Uber' by mistake. I wanted to discuss that.

When you order a ride, and a driver accepts, it shows you the make/model and license plate # of the car, and a profile picture of the driver.

It's not like there's something above your head or a signal to everyone around you that says you're waiting for an Uber or Lyft. The odds of someone trying to pose as a fake Uber/Lyft and succeeding at it seems very, very low.

Hugely speculative/opinion only.

Find Beau Mann | Facebook

Bumping for Beau

Today is his 40th Birthday and still nothing. No activity on bank accounts, phone, no sightings, nothing. It's been 12 weeks. Somebody had to have seen him and somebody knows something.
I'm happy to see the Facebook page activity has increased some. I think getting his picture and fliers out there may help.
I'm not sure what LE thinks happened to him or if they are doing anything at all to find him. It doesn't seem like it.

Find Beau Mann | Facebook

Bumping for Beau

Today is his 40th Birthday and still nothing. No activity on bank accounts, phone, no sightings, nothing. It's been 12 weeks. Somebody had to have seen him and somebody knows something.
I'm happy to see the Facebook page activity has increased some. I think getting his picture and fliers out there may help.
I'm not sure what LE thinks happened to him or if they are doing anything at all to find him. It doesn't seem like it.
Oh wow. His 40th Birthday.. a milestone birthday !!

Beau---where are you ???
You should be celebrating your birthday today with family and friends. :(

When I see people walking around with one pant leg tucked into their sock I immediately think they are on a bike and they tuck the pant leg to avoid getting it caught in the bike chain.

Seems more likely to me that the reporting means he texted a friend “911” (as opposed to sending a text TO 911),
I'm sure this has been cleared up within the past 9 pages but I wanted to make sure it is known he did text 911 and he mentioned being in an uber. 911 tried to call him back and got no answer.

I'm sure this has been cleared up within the past 9 pages but I wanted to make sure it is known he did text 911 and he mentioned being in an uber. 911 tried to call him back and got no answer.

If this is true, then why isn’t the Uber driver being investigated more. Seems if that was the case and if footage never saw him being dropped off then I would be curious about the Uber driver’s whereabouts later that night.

Looks like the Uber app has its own 911 button:
Uber’s Emergency Button | Uber Blog

I know there was discussion early on about whether he texted 911 or texted “911” to a friend. Looks like there’s two more possibilities: tapping Uber’s shield button to document location and tapping Uber’s “Call Security” button.

(I have no experience with Uber).

I know there was discussion early on about whether he texted 911 or texted “911” to a friend. Looks like there’s two more possibilities: tapping Uber’s shield button to document location and tapping Uber’s “Call Security” button.

Yes. And from what I read, when you use the Uber app to call 911 the driver is alerted and is not supposed to proceed without verifying that everything is ok. Did this happen?
There's mention of the Uber driver not remembering Beau. Really? If you were alerted about the emergency feature on the app being used by Beau you wouldn't remember him?
I also read that when you use the Uber app to call 911 that dispatchers are notified of make model license # of Uber vehicle and location. Did they ever respond? It seems that he used the emergency button on the app and nothing happened. Seems kind of worthless to me.

Below BBM

Did they contact him and the driver to make sure everything was ok?
Did he text 911 directly AND use the Uber app emergency button to contact 911?
What does Uber do if they try to contact someone who uses this feature and there is no response?
Is there any proof that he made it to his destination besides the Uber drivers word?
I don't know...he's been missing now for over 3 months. No activity on phone, bank account etc. We all know that this is not a good sign. I think we can rule out rehab. Voluntarily missing for this long? I supposed it's possible but not likely IMHO. What does that leave? Foul play and self harm? There's been no other info from LAPD from what I can see.

How it works

Riders and drivers can access the safety toolkit by tapping the shield icon on their app’s map screen while on a trip. After tapping the Emergency Assistance feature, you will see your GPS location, car make and model, and license plate.

If you tap the “Call Security” button and connect to a private emergency services and security responder, those trip details become available to them digitally and can be used to respond to an emergency.

The app will indicate that trip information is automatically shared with emergency services. Riders and drivers can choose not to share their trip information with private emergency services and security responders by changing the privacy settings in their app.

Your safety is a top priority.
After your contact with the emergency services, Uber’s customer support team will check in to see if you’re all right.

Do they know for sure that he texted 911 from the Uber app? In Los Angeles, you can text 911 instead of calling. Is it for sure he used the Uber app, or did he use his phones regular messaging app to message 911? Did he 100% even message 911? Sorry it’s been a while and I can’t remember if this was already ironed out.

If he was dropped off at someone’s apartment like the Facebook page states, then idk why the Uber driver would be suspicious. I understand they are probably side eying everyone who he had contact with, but my gut tells me the Uber driver had nothing to do with this.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back