Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m quite familiar with the area having lived there for quite some time. Santa Monica is packed, there is so much traffic, so many people, a ton of homeless as well. I’m shocked no one found him sooner. I do wonder if he had relapsed and OD’d in the “grassy area/yard”.

According to the police report, Beau was "found in the courtyard of an abandoned property in the 2900 block of Santa Monica Boulevard."

If this is true, then this is only 1/5th of a mile, or a 4-minute walk, from where he was last dropped off. If I go to Satellite View on Google maps, I think I can spot what looks like the abandoned property, but my goodness, with all the surrounding residences, businesses and (presumably) cameras, how was he not found in over a year?

According to the police report, Beau was "found in the courtyard of an abandoned property in the 2900 block of Santa Monica Boulevard."

If this is true, then this is only 1/5th of a mile, or a 4-minute walk, from where he was last dropped off. If I go to Satellite View on Google maps, I think I can spot what looks like the abandoned property, but my goodness, with all the surrounding residences, businesses and (presumably) cameras, how was he not found in over a year?
I also wonder how he got in there and how long it has been abandoned for.

MOO

That's crazy to have been there for 1.5 years. Unreal.

wow, I too have lived in the LA area and know how crowded this stretch is and add my wonder as to how it took so long to find him. Even if no one were looking, amazing no one else would come across him. But truth is so often stranger than fiction. So sad, no matter what happened. No one deserves this.

Are we looking at the iPhone repair shop as the abandoned property? The yard rear to this is building 1347. It could be nothing, but if I look at the street view behind this building, it appears that something has been blurred at the rear of the property.

Last edited:
As there are so many homeless in that area, I wonder why no homeless person had used the courtyard of the abandoned property to sleep in, even temporarily.

I also wonder what the neighbors were like each side? Residential or business?
Because you think they'd be able to smell something.

Wonder if it’s possible that he hasn’t been there all that time… That he was just placed there recently. But I guess they could probably tell that.
These are my thoughts, especially considering the timing of him being found a few months after the death of the resident of the home he was dropped off at. JMO.

Are we looking at the iPhone repair shop as the abandoned property? The yard rear to this is building 1347. It could be nothing, but if I look at the street view behind this building, it appears that something has been blurred at the rear of the property.
Yeah that's exactly where I'm looking.

Is there a way he could've walked into the parking lot between 1349 and 2903 (which is unoccupied), and then gotten into that area where all the trees are (behind 2911) and died there? I feel like this is the only spot that lines up with what police disclosed ("in the courtyard of an abandoned property") and family said ("in a grassy area").

At the same time, though, @annpats is right: no transients used that area? No residents or employees saw or smelled anything? In 1.5 years? I mean, even from the satellite view, this area looks pretty busy.

I wonder how Beau even knew that this property was abandoned ?

Or did he just wander until he found it?

But then, how do you KNOW a property like that is abandoned? Sometimes It's hard to tell if a property is lived in or not.

And if it were abandoned, I can't believe a homeless person hadn't used it at some point.

"Hello, Police Department/911, I smell something dead. Where? I'm not sure but I smell it. What? I don't know but something dead. I smell it."

I can see how that might be received. I can see how that might not be investigated.

Rest in peace, Beau. Be at peace, Beau's family and friends.

"Hello, Police Department/911, I smell something dead. Where? I'm not sure but I smell it. What? I don't know but something dead. I smell it."

I can see how that might be received. I can see how that might not be investigated.

Rest in peace, Beau. Be at peace, Beau's family and friends.
Oh, I think your nose would tell you exactly where it was coming from.

There are apartments right opposite that abandoned property and the small street is only a few yards across.

All MOO, but considering the text that Beau had sent to 911, I wonder whether he knew he was in danger and started to run when he got out of the Uber? Perhaps down the side street from his drop off location, stumbling upon the abandoned property?

Or perhaps he met with danger at the property? Although his text suggests that he felt in danger before he was dropped off.

Perhaps some sort of relapse induced break whilst in the taxi? Per comments from the family around a potential relapse.

JMO but I believe this to be either:

A) Him hiding in the location he was found due to perceived danger

B) Something untoward happened with the now deceased resident of Berkeley St where Beau was dropped off.

I hope his family can obtain answers and finally start to properly mourn.

All MOO, but considering the text that Beau had sent to 911, I wonder whether he knew he was in danger and started to run when he got out of the Uber? Perhaps down the side street from his drop off location, stumbling upon the abandoned property?

Or perhaps he met with danger at the property? Although his text suggests that he felt in danger before he was dropped off.

Perhaps some sort of relapse induced break whilst in the taxi? Per comments from the family around a potential relapse.

JMO but I believe this to be either:

A) Him hiding in the location he was found due to perceived danger

B) Something untoward happened with the now deceased resident of Berkeley St where Beau was dropped off.

I hope his family can obtain answers and finally start to properly mourn.

Is the following scenario viable:

C) He died in the Uber either after being attacked or he became indisposed in some way ( mental health crisis?) and the driver dumped his body.

I guess there are records the driver stopped at the final location. Is it possible the driver stopped there, but Beau didn’t get out and the driver dumped him elsewhere?

How incredibly sad.

Looking at the Google Maps photo history, the small house appeared to be lived in when the March 2019 photo was taken, but was already abandoned when the Nov 2020 photo was taken. By the time Beau went missing it had probably been boarded up for 18 months at least.
can you link the small house? i wwalked around there w the google guy and i saw buildings but not a small house and im curious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz
Back