Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Beau went missing 5 months ago. Why is it taking so long to verify a simple thing like that?

Is Uber being reticent or difficult about giving information to police?

Good question! I'm still so confused on this Uber thing.

Beau has Uber pick him up in North Hollywood then has the driver make a stop at 7-11 in Studio City, then enroute to his original destination of Brentwood (his apartment?) he changes plans and has the driver drop him off in Santa Monica instead. AND he made a call to 911 presumably by using the Uber app (not verified yet) and the driver does not remember him or any of this? How on earth could that be???
It was him at 7-11 because there is camera footage proving this. Was he riding in the Uber alone (besides the driver)? There's no proof that he ever arrived in Santa Monica though. And his phone shut off shortly after the 911 text. Very suspicious indeed!
Is there a record of Beau paying for the Uber?

I don't think LE understood how it worked until we brought it to their attention recently after we discovered an automated in -app message to Beau from Uber confirming that he was requesting help. An actual Detective has not been assigned to this case, but rather a missing person Officer who insinuates how busy she is often to explain why things are going so slow etc. I would also imagine that the ride-share company is probably not necessarily excited about all of this either as it does not look good for them either.
I hope nobody I know ever goes missing in L.A. This is terrible!!

Good question! I'm still so confused on this Uber thing.

Beau has Uber pick him up in North Hollywood then has the driver make a stop at 7-11 in Studio City, then enroute to his original destination of Brentwood (his apartment?) he changes plans and has the driver drop him off in Santa Monica instead. AND he made a call to 911 presumably by using the Uber app (not verified yet) and the driver does not remember him or any of this? How on earth could that be???
It was him at 7-11 because there is camera footage proving this. Was he riding in the Uber alone (besides the driver)? There's no proof that he ever arrived in Santa Monica though. And his phone shut off shortly after the 911 text. Very suspicious indeed!
Is there a record of Beau paying for the Uber?
Hello, yes, you are correct about all of that. We only know about the ride ending at Santa Monica on Berkely Street because we saw it in his app. We have nothing other than the data from the app.

I hope nobody I know ever goes missing in L.A. This is terrible!!
I am absolutely not looking for any trouble with calling anyone out, but yes, unless there is something behind the scenes I am not aware of, this has been handled so horrible, we all talk about it everyday. We've tried to be nice and get no where. I sent a 3 page email with some good information and it wasn't even responded to and that was well over a month ago.

Hello, yes, you are correct about all of that. We only know about the ride ending at Santa Monica on Berkely Street because we saw it in his app. We have nothing other than the data from the app.
Has anyone been able to access his bank records and see if he paid for the Uber? Was he known to carry cash on him? I rarely do, but I know people who always have cash on them.
ETA: Does Uber take cash?

Has anyone been able to access his bank records and see if he paid for the Uber? Was he known to carry cash on him? I rarely do, but I know people who always have cash on them.
ETA: Does Uber take cash?
Beau rarely carried cash, almost never actually. Yes, there has been no bank or credit activity. We know he paid for the Uber because it was paid electronically of which we have access to.

Maybe this is inappropriate but I would be getting super vocal about this on Uber’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. I don’t know if that would compromise the investigation somehow though.
You would think that LE and Uber would do more. When this hits Dateline or 20/20 one day, how will they explain how this has been handled? I often wonder that.

I've never taken an Uber so I'm not sure how it works. When the ride ends, how is the driver paid? For all we know, the driver dumped Beau somewhere and completed the route with no passenger to get paid (if payment is automatic somehow). I'm assuming there's GPS tracking data involved?

Beau rarely carried cash, almost never actually. Yes, there has been no bank or credit activity. We know he paid for the Uber because it was paid electronically of which we have access to.
And to pay Uber is it all done automatically through the app on his phone? So whomever paid Uber would have to have his phone?

It doesn't really sound like there's much effort being put into an investigation.
Unless, there is something we are unaware of, I would have to agree. This is why I am so hopeful, you all can help me find Beau. Together, we can create awareness and get this taken more seriously. He was in too many places that day that we are aware of to not be seen or recognized by anyone. We already know of a few people (as do LE) of who he was in last contact with in LA ....

I've never taken an Uber so I'm not sure how it works. When the ride ends, how is the driver paid? For all we know, the driver dumped Beau somewhere and completed the route with no passenger to get paid (if payment is automatic somehow). I'm assuming there's GPS tracking data involved?
You have a form of payment already on file usually, a credit card and it bills it automatically. The way I use the app, it is completely automated, I never have to pay manually, as it just hits my credit card.

You have a form of payment already on file usually, a credit card and it bills it automatically. The way I use the app, it is completely automated, I never have to pay manually, as it just hits my credit card.
Wow so there's no guarantee that he even made it to Santa Monica and if the driver drove an empty car there, he'd automatically get paid.

Was the large electronic payment sent to BB enough for Beau to live off of for 4 months?
And I'm assuming LE has checked to make sure Beau is not with BB? Or maybe I shouldn't assume that.
No, not nearly enough money for that, just a few hundred dollars. I have no idea what they said to him, but no, according to the article that BB is quoted in, he is not with Beau.

Wow so there's no guarantee that he even made it to Santa Monica and if the driver drove an empty car there, he'd automatically get paid.

True, but there's no reason for any driver to do that. If the ride ends early (and I'm not too well versed when things go bad/wrong on rideshare apps), it's to the driver's advantage to end it ASAP so he/she can claim another job. There are bonuses for drivers like "drive X number of passengers" or "drive for so much time."

And again, while I'm not saying "no way," I am very doubtful that the Uber driver has any role in this, or at the very least, it wasn't a premeditated thing. It would be great if LE could clear that up for sure though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BurgoPI
Back