Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was the large electronic payment sent to BB enough for Beau to live off of for 4 months?
And I'm assuming LE has checked to make sure Beau is not with BB? Or maybe I shouldn't assume that.
No, not nearly enough money for that, just a few hundred dollars. I have no idea what they said to him, but no, according to the article that BB is quoted in, he is not with Beau.

I keep going back to Beau's blog just shortly before he went missing. CLEARLY, he was not in a good mental state and vulnerable. That made him a very high risk, including possible harm to himself and being vulnerable to stranger danger. IMHO And I'm really surprised that LE did not name him as an "At Risk Missing Person" for that blog alone. I don't see how they could not be showing more concern. It's sad really. I feel bad for Beau. He was obviously having some big struggles.

True, but there's no reason for any driver to do that. If the ride ends early (and I'm not too well versed when things go bad/wrong on rideshare apps), it's to the driver's advantage to end it ASAP so he/she can claim another job. There are bonuses for drivers like "drive X number of passengers" or "drive for so much time."

And again, while I'm not saying "no way," I am very doubtful that the Uber driver has any role in this, or at the very least, it wasn't a premeditated thing. It would be great if LE could clear that up for sure though.

If the ride ended early would the driver still get paid for the entire distance? And do they get paid extra for more passengers?

I keep going back to Beau's blog just shortly before he went missing. CLEARLY, he was not in a good mental state and vulnerable. That made him a very high risk, including possible harm to himself and being vulnerable to stranger danger. IMHO And I'm really surprised that LE did not name him as an "At Risk Missing Person" for that blog alone. I don't see how they could not be showing more concern. It's sad really. I feel bad for Beau. He was obviously having some big struggles.

Agreed ... 100% ...

Maybe this is inappropriate but I would be getting super vocal about this on Uber’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. I don’t know if that would compromise the investigation somehow though.
If this were my family member missing, I'd be getting very vocal with lots of folks! Where the heck is LE? Why no searches? Why aren't friends and family organizing searches? (sorry, not to attack you Jason and I'm not really sure who is in charge family wise, but it seems to me that not much is being done to find him. It's been 4 months!) Has Sober Grid asked for help from the app members? I'm sure there are probably many around the L.A. area that would be up for some organized searches if asked.

If this were my family member missing, I'd be getting very vocal with lots of folks! Where the heck is LE? Why no searches? Why aren't friends and family organizing searches? (sorry, not to attack you Jason and I'm not really sure who is in charge family wise, but it seems to me that not much is being done to find him. It's been 4 months!) Has Sober Grid asked for help from the app members? I'm sure there are probably many around the L.A. area that would be up for some organized searches if asked.
Beau and I are everything to each other, we relied on each other a lot so I am doing what I can as rouge as I can without pissing anyone off, but I am trying really hard, day and night actually. In fact, some of Beau and my friends are trying to organize a candle light vigil to create even more awareness.

Last edited:
If the ride ended early would the driver still get paid for the entire distance? And do they get paid extra for more passengers?

I'm not sure precisely how it works, but it's an estimate. When you enter your starting and end points, and choose the type of vehicle (can book a larger vehicle, or even a limo), it will estimate how much it will cost, but it's not locked in/guarantee. If it ends early, I presume that the driver gets paid for as long as the drive was for.

There is no extra fee per passenger (it's based on car size, distance, and time traveled). However, I know you can "split" the fare with someone if they're headed in the general same direction as you. There's also an Uber carpool, where each passenger that books a ride on the app and gets into the car will be another fare. However, I'm not sure if that's even an option right now with COVID protocols.

Beau and I were really everything to each other, I am doing what I can as rouge as I can without pissing anyone off, but I am trying really hard, day and night actually. In fact, some of Beau and my friends are trying to organize a candle light vigil to create even more awareness.
I don't understand why anyone would be pissed off about any efforts to find Beau. Hmmm.... scratching my head on that one.

True, but there's no reason for any driver to do that. If the ride ends early (and I'm not too well versed when things go bad/wrong on rideshare apps), it's to the driver's advantage to end it ASAP so he/she can claim another job. There are bonuses for drivers like "drive X number of passengers" or "drive for so much time."

And again, while I'm not saying "no way," I am very doubtful that the Uber driver has any role in this, or at the very least, it wasn't a premeditated thing. It would be great if LE could clear that up for sure though.

I think the whole Uber driver situation is such a red herring. If the Uber driver was interviewed by LE months after he gave beau a ride, why is it so hard to believe that he doesn’t remember beau? Sadly, my gut tells me his disappearance has something to do with him relapsing. No judgement from me. Next month will be a year since my sister died of a heroin overdose, so I’m not judging at all.

does beau have a Gmail account? If he does, and his family has access to his account, they can see if he has it set to track his location while logged in. It’s a long shot, but ya never know.

You would think that LE and Uber would do more. When this hits Dateline or 20/20 one day, how will they explain how this has been handled? I often wonder that.
You mention these two larger organizations, but what about local investigative journalists? I would think that between his app/company development, the UBER involvement, and the fact that there is video of him just before he went missing, it would be a pretty compelling case for them to explore. Have you been able to reach out to anyone like that in your area?

They interviewed the driver around the 30 day mark I believe. I didn’t know that about the Gmail.

I think a month is a reasonable time frame to not really remember someone. I’m sure Uber drivers come across some interesting riders and situations on a regular basis. I am sure my friends and I have been “those” people in an Uber.

Praying you guys get some answers soon. I can’t imagine how agonizing this must be for you.

I think the whole Uber driver situation is such a red herring. If the Uber driver was interviewed by LE months after he gave beau a ride, why is it so hard to believe that he doesn’t remember beau? Sadly, my gut tells me his disappearance has something to do with him relapsing. No judgement from me. Next month will be a year since my sister died of a heroin overdose, so I’m not judging at all.

does beau have a Gmail account? If he does, and his family has access to his account, they can see if he has it set to track his location while logged in. It’s a long shot, but ya never know.

Do you think this is another Heidi Planck case and he possibly overdosed on fentanyl? If so, where is his body? And who was involved in disposing of it? And why doesn't LE seem interested in Beau like they are Heidi?

I do think it's totally possible that the Uber driver did nothing and the 911 text was simply a drug/mental health induced paranoia (based off of his blog post).

Last edited:
You have a form of payment already on file usually, a credit card and it bills it automatically. The way I use the app, it is completely automated, I never have to pay manually, as it just hits my credit card.

Yes, this. It automatically deducts it from your debit card on file when the ride has ended.
But th driver will have to press a button to tell the system it's ended and you've got out.

Beau and I are everything to each other, we relied on each other a lot so I am doing what I can as rouge as I can without pissing anyone off, but I am trying really hard, day and night actually. In fact, some of Beau and my friends are trying to organize a candle light vigil to create even more awareness.

I know it can be difficult, but sometimes you have to piss people off to get anywhere. If the PD doesn't have the common courtesy to inform you as to what they are doing to locate Beau, then you don't owe them one bit of fealty when it comes to keeping hush-hush about information you feel is important. I say make whatever efforts you feel are most helpful in getting the answers you need. If the PD is insistent that you keep things under your hat and don't look here and don't do that -- put them on notice.

Without meaning to be insensitive, I get that law enforcement is completely overwhelmed with the substance abuse issue in this country, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are approaching this as just another user getting themselves into hot water. It's up to the people who know this isn't accurate to make the investigators get off their duffs and work this case.

If you aren't comfortable being confrontational, then organize your friends to help -- set up a campaign to make phone calls at regular intervals to pressure the department to provide updates, and demand details about the efforts they have made and the next steps they are planning. Do the same with your local media. You've done a good job, both here and on FB, at helping readers see Beau as a real person with all the qualities that make him human, just like the rest of us, and it's time the PD or anyone out there with important info also view him the same way.

And as hard as I know this must be, don't give up hope, and don't hesitate to lean on those around you when you are in need. Take care of you. We're all here with you, hoping for the best.

I hope nobody I know ever goes missing in L.A. This is terrible!!
Seems like, if you WANT to go missing, it's the perfect place to do so...this is so upsetting. @BelTin007 thank you for being here and sharing what info you can with us. I admit I've been lurking on this one, but something about Beau really hits me.

Seems like, if you WANT to go missing, it's the perfect place to do so...this is so upsetting. @BelTin007 thank you for being here and sharing what info you can with us. I admit I've been lurking on this one, but something about Beau really hits me.
Exactly, but I just know Beau didn't want to go missing and how would someone survive this long voluntarily missing without credit, cash, debit cards, etc. We must find out where he is and someone must know something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup
Back