Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he were an ordinary passenger, I'd agree. But not remember someone who called 911 from your car 30 days ago? Because apparently from what other posters have said, the driver is notified that the 911 option has been used and they have to confirm that everything is OK. I can only imagine that's a pretty rare occurrence. Also, if you truly didn't remember the passenger, wouldn't you have to check your app to see where you dropped them off? Then they would have given LE the correct drop off location in Santa Monica rather than saying he was dropped off at the apartment in Brentwood. I find these to be fishy incongruities that should at least be investigated thoroughly.

are we 100% sure that the driver is notified? Why would a potential perp be notified that a potential victim called for help? Of course a potential perp would confirm everything is okay lol. This seems like another piece of Uber misinformation Jmo

are we 100% sure that the driver is notified? Why would a potential perp be notified that a potential victim called for help? Of course a potential perp would confirm everything is okay lol. This seems like another piece of Uber misinformation Jmo

Agreed. According to this ABC article from October 2021:

"If you're in a situation where you either don't want to or can't speak to the 911 dispatcher, like if you're being taken to a location you didn't ask for and don't want to go, [Wade] Stormer [senior manager of public safety for Uber] said you don't need to."

The only one who could take you to a location you didn't ask for is the driver, so I doubt that the driver would be alerted when a passenger has used the "new 'slide to call' 911 feature in the Uber app."

I don't think it's a case of the Uber driver being cleared as such, but more of a case that the police didn't ask the right questions.

They were also given answers they too readily accepted.

The police need to investigate this Uber thing deeper. Get IT forensics onto Beau's Uber data and the drivers Uber data.

There aren't really any other clues or information. The Uber thing is all we have (and all we have had!) since he went missing 6 months ago.
There's nothing else....no witnesses, no CCTV, no evidence, no body etc.

I don't think it's a case of the Uber driver being cleared as such, but more of a case that the police didn't ask the right questions.

They were also given answers they too readily accepted.

The police need to investigate this Uber thing deeper. Get IT forensics onto Beau's Uber data and the drivers Uber data.

There aren't really any other clues or information. The Uber thing is all we have (and all we have had!) since he went missing 6 months ago.
There's nothing else....no witnesses, no CCTV, no evidence, no body etc.

the police very well may have already looked into the Uber information. It’s not hard. Uber rides are so traceable, that’s why I really think it’s a red herring. Beau took two Lyfts and an Uber that day based on the timeline posted on the help find Beau Facebook page. I think people are focusing too much on the Uber driver. What about the people beau talked to and saw last?

Hello,

1. I believe he made the 911 text using the Uber app. We’re working toward verifying that.
2. I’ve been asked not to discuss this. I wasn’t there so I don’t know.
3. I’m not sure why his mother said that, there are several things he said when he wasn’t himself. I can only tell you what he told me and what I know to be true. Beau was calling and texting me up until the last time he contacted any of his family and every text had the typical I love you and one of the last texts to me from Beau was to consider adopting kids with him with links.
4. Yes, twice but those details have never been revealed to us to my knowledge. I still don’t understand how an Uber driver could not remember a passenger who made them stop at a 7/11 for several minutes, comes out with a big bag of melting ice, involves 911 requiring at some point the driver to acknowledge everything is ok, and Beau changes the ride to go to Santa Monica instead of Brentwood. How would anyone forget a passenger like that? Unreal anyone would believe that.
5. No confirmed sightings of Beau
6. I am learning about who Blake Brown is myself as I’ve only learned of him since after Beau disappeared. We stumbled upon him after we discovered Beau paid him a significant amount of money electronically days before Beau disappeared.
7. He was with someone who I also had never heard of before.
8. I’m not sure
9. Via text twice but there was no phone activity after Beau’s text. It’s like the phone seemed turned off after he texted 911.
10. He was returning from somewhere in North Hollywood I believe and making a pit stop to a 7/11 where he was buying some household stuff, ice because he loves ice and his ice maker was broke and an ice cold beverage which he always enjoys.
BBM
The ice thing was cleared up by BelTin007 see #10

"ice because he loves ice and his ice maker was broke and an ice cold beverage which he always enjoys."

I think this also proves that his intentions were to go straight home with that ice. Why was the drop off location changed from his apartment in Brentwood to Santa Monica? Did he get a call or text from someone during the Uber ride?

Yes this. I believe the misinformation is that the driver is notified AFTER police have responded. Since the police never responded (from what we know) it would make sense that the driver was not notified and may have never known that Beau texted 911.
Which leads us to...why did the police never respond? My understanding is that they tried to text Beau back twice, but he didn't respond. Wouldn't that make them more concerned that he was in danger, and they would send a unit out code 3? Why did they not respond? He likely would have been on the freeway at this time so it would fall under California Highway Patrol jurisdiction.

the police very well may have already looked into the Uber information. It’s not hard. Uber rides are so traceable, that’s why I really think it’s a red herring. Beau took two Lyfts and an Uber that day based on the timeline posted on the help find Beau Facebook page. I think people are focusing too much on the Uber driver. What about the people beau talked to and saw last?
BBM
YES! What about those people? Who are they? We know that Beau had a visit from someone the night before. We know that BB had recently stayed with Beau and Beau had recently sent him a few hundred dollars via electronic payment. What was that money for? Where was BB that day? Where did Beau go and who did he see in downtown L.A. and North Hollywood? And who lives where he was dropped off in Santa Monica?
The last known communication from Beau was that 911 text. Absolutely nothing after that. Did something happen in the Uber or shortly thereafter? If shortly thereafter, then we need to know where Beau was going in Santa Monica.

Just a thought that popped up in my head while re-reading everything.
The bag of ice seems like a really weard thing to buy when you're relatively far from home & without own car.
Then it got me thinking:
Where i live (other country) there were (or are, don't know) supermarkets where you could meet other singles. If you picked up a certain item, it meant you were single and ready to mingle... Does this 'exist' over there? Is this a possibility? Ice is cheap & something noticable so would be an option to be the 'certain item to show you're single'.
I know he has a partner and i DO NOT want to implicate him as not being faithfull. People also did this out of curiosity.
Maybe this 'way of work' was also used by people wanting to buy drugs?
Just a thought. Nothing negative about Beau Mann, just thinking out loud about possibilities.
7-11 is a very small convenience store, not a supermarket. Definitely not a place you would go to meet people.

Yes this. I believe the misinformation is that the driver is notified AFTER police have responded. Since the police never responded (from what we know) it would make sense that the driver was not notified and may have never known that Beau texted 911.
Which leads us to...why did the police never respond? My understanding is that they tried to text Beau back twice, but he didn't respond. Wouldn't that make them more concerned that he was in danger, and they would send a unit out code 3? Why did they not respond? He likely would have been on the freeway at this time so it would fall under California Highway Patrol jurisdiction.

i believe it was Uber that tried to text Beau twice, not the police. I am also curious why the police seemed to have not responded. I think there’s a big piece of the puzzle that hasn’t been relayed to the public. Like maybe the 911 text didn’t go thru to the police or something.

If 911 does not respond when someone texts them through the Uber app, then it is useless isn't it? A false sense of security. I think this is something that Uber needs to address.
And WHY did Beau text 911? My understanding is that when you use the app emergency button it asks you to confirm before proceeding. Since 911 texted him back, we know that Beau confirmed. I believe it's a two-step process (at least) rather than just hitting the button once (which could be accidental). Beau said in his text "in Uber grey". Was the Uber he was riding in the color grey?

i believe it was Uber that tried to text Beau twice, not the police. I am also curious why the police seemed to have not responded. I think there’s a big piece of the puzzle that hasn’t been relayed to the public. Like maybe the 911 text didn’t go thru to the police or something.
It was both. I think BelTin007 can confirm that. My understanding is that Uber sent him 2 in app messages AND 911 tried to text him back on his phone twice.

If 911 does not respond when someone texts them through the Uber app, then it is useless isn't it? A false sense of security. I think this is something that Uber needs to address.
And WHY did Beau text 911? My understanding is that when you use the app emergency button it asks you to confirm before proceeding. Since 911 texted him back, we know that Beau confirmed. I believe it's a two-step process (at least) rather than just hitting the button once (which could be accidental). Beau said in his text "in Uber grey". Was the Uber he was riding in the color grey?

there is a third party involved in the communication between the Uber app and 911. I can’t remember the name off the top of my head. So I wonder if the third party app has something to do with the lack of response from 911.

according to the Facebook page, Beau relapsed. I personally think he could have been under the influence and paranoid. Jmo

It was both. I think BelTin007 can confirm that. My understanding is that Uber sent him 2 in app messages AND 911 tried to text him back on his phone twice.

oh okay, gotcha. There’s been so much conflicting and changing info that it’s hard for me to keep up with what’s the most current accurate info. I wish we had a detailed timeline with the facts.

there is a third party involved in the communication between the Uber app and 911. I can’t remember the name off the top of my head. So I wonder if the third party app has something to do with the lack of response from 911.

according to the Facebook page, Beau relapsed. I personally think he could have been under the influence and paranoid. Jmo

If the third party interferes with a 911 response then Uber should not have this option on their app should they? If it doesn't work, it shouldn't be there.
If Beau relapsed and was under the influence, then I could see the 911 call being a paranoid response. We have seen this in other cases. After reading his blog I am convinced that he was definitely relapsed and/or suffering a mental health crisis. It would be nice to know if the 7-11 clerk (who said she was very familiar with Beau), the Uber driver, or anyone else that saw him that day said he was acting strange. That could be very helpful in figuring out his state of mind and or possible drug use that day and could possibly help find him.

oh okay, gotcha. There’s been so much conflicting and changing info that it’s hard for me to keep up with what’s the most current accurate info. I wish we had a detailed timeline with the facts.
Yes I know. It's been a very confusing case. I don't think LE is communicating much to the family and I don't think the family knows much. But where is he? He's been gone 4 months now without a trace.

We can safely assume IMHO that when Beau was at 7-11 he got the ice because he was intending to go back to his apartment. (as BelTin007 stated he loved ice and his ice maker was not working). Something then happened to change his destination. If you map the time it takes to go from 7-11 to his drop off in Santa Monica it estimates 30 minutes. Beau left 7-11 at 2:05 and according to Uber was dropped off in SM at 2:35. Exactly 30 minutes. There would have been no time to make a detour, especially if there was any traffic at all. I find it a bit curious that it took EXACTLY 30 minutes and that is what mapping will show. I'm not 100% convinced that the Uber ride was all smooth and nothing happened. But lets say it was, then what happened next? Nobody has come forward saying they saw Beau in SM. Not one single witness and there have been zero tips called in. Sometime after the 911 text he just disappeared into thin air?

Does Beau know anyone in Santa Monica? Is there any water near where he was dropped off?

Eta- I see on the Facebook page they posted a pic of someone who they believe lives right near where beaus drop off was in Santa Monica. Which makes it even more likely that the Uber driver is a red herring IMO

Last edited:
Does Beau know anyone in Santa Monica? Is there any water near where he was dropped off?

Eta- I see on the Facebook page they posted a pic of someone who they believe lives right near where beaus drop off was in Santa Monica. Which makes it even more likely that the Uber driver is a red herring IMO

The only water near there is the Santa Monica beach and pier which is very visible from the highway and has a lot of visitors. I think it's safe to assume he didn't swim out in the ocean or jump off the pier in broad daylight.
Did Beau know anyone in Santa Monica? That is a good question. The family and BelTin007 all live out of state, so I don't think they know exactly who Beau knows in L.A.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashnic86
Back