GUILTY Ca - Becky Friedli, 18, Vicki, 53, & Jon Hayward, 55, Slain, Palm Desert, 17 Sep 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wednesday, June 6th:
*Trial continues VERDICT WATCH! (Day 9) (@ 9:30am PT) CA - Rebecca 'Becky' Annaleigh Friedli (18), Vicki Friedli (53) & Jon Hayward (55) (Mom's BF) (Sept. 17, 2006) - *Cristin Conrad Smith (27/17 @ time of crime) faces LWOP (juvenile @ time of crime) accused/charged with 3 counts of murder w/special circumstances allegedly of committing multiple murders. Plead not guilty.
*Robert Lars Pape (28/18 @ time of crime) (ex-BF) charged with 3 counts of murder w/special circumstances allegedly of committing multiple murders; faces the LWOP. Plead not guilty.
6/6/18: The jurors have deliberated so far approximately 49 hours (by my calculations). Deliberations started May 23rd.
No court on Fridays - maybe!

I have a Skype with family tonight - bro's birthday, so I won't be back after the first tweets! I'll try & get back after about an hour or so into deliberations.

Well, I'm thinking the first tweets don't come thru until like an hour or so after the jury has already started deliberations and I'm leaving in about 20 minutes - 7:30pm here - and 9:30am Pacific time.

So - no first tweets! :)

Hopefully, maybe Harmony or katydid can pick up the tweets!

Wednesday, June 6th:
I have a Skype with family tonight - bro's birthday, so I won't be back after the first tweets! I'll try & get back after about an hour or so into deliberations.

Hey Niner,

Enjoy the Skype birthday celebration! That is super.

I have a question though - does everyone on the Skype birthday conversation get a big slice of "virtual" birthday cake? I always wondered how that worked. :):p

Namaste,

Hey Niner,

Enjoy the Skype birthday celebration! That is super.

I have a question though - does everyone on the Skype birthday conversation get a big slice of "virtual" birthday cake? I always wondered how that worked. :):p

Namaste,

Thanks - well I would "think" everyone got a virtual cake! LOL! ;) :D

Here - have a piece!
giphy.gif

Katie Widner CBSL2
@KWidnerCBSL2
·
10m
Jury is heading to lunch in #PinyonPines triple murder trial. Will be back at 1:30 p.m. @KESQ @LocalTwo Court deputy says the jury has asked for a read-back of the testimony of Tiffany Teasdale.

That will happen after lunch. Teasdale is Becky Friedli's older sister. Deputy says it will be a short read-back.

Side note: @RivCoDA informed the media yesterday that there technically are no 'bailiffs' here. They are court-appointed deputies with @RSO. FYI

And you all know what that means....

I'll be back early in the morning. For some reason, I don't think they'll have a verdict today. JMO!

I hope someone remembers Beckys sisters testimony...(I heard that the jury requested to review one of the victims relatives testimony so I'm assuming it's Drew Friedli)

Did she originally say Becky was dating someone else? ...I think she also said Becky didn't date any marines.

I believe the defense said she contradicted her original statements & she said that she may have forgotten some things in the 12 years since the crime occured.

I still think this looks good for the prosecution.

I hope someone remembers Beckys sisters testimony...(I heard that the jury requested to review one of the victims relatives testimony so I'm assuming it's Drew Friedli)

Did she originally say Becky was dating someone else? ...I think she also said Becky didn't date any marines.

I believe the defense said she contradicted her original statements & she said that she may have forgotten some things in the 12 years since the crime occured.

I still think this looks good for the prosecution.
Wrong sister...they reviewed testimony of Tiffany Teasdale. I hope someone remembers her testimony.

IMO if they’re reviewing her testimony, it’s to review how much Pape and Smith would have known about the crime scene reasonably if they weren’t actually there. They piece together what she was told, when she found out certain things and she relays that she spoke with pape.

She talks about what she was told (fire out the house, 3 bodies found), when she came to town, when she spoke with police, when she went back to the house and the fact that she wasn’t initiallly allowed near the crime scene.

She was in contact with pape and Garcia.

JMO, but I think that’s why they’d review her testimony—to see if she told pape the “privileged” information investigators took to mean he was the perp.

Katie Widner CBSL2‏ @KWidnerCBSL2
14m14 minutes ago

Jury will deliberate for a tenth day tomorrow. They have gone home for the day. Will be back tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.

Biggest news to come out of the #PinyonPines triple murder trial in weeks: @RivCoDA PIO says “The court is going on the record in (Dept.) 44 tomorrow at 9:30. (We) don’t know what it’s regarding. It is NOT for verdicts.”

Katie Widner CBSL2‏ @KWidnerCBSL2
14m14 minutes ago

Jury will deliberate for a tenth day tomorrow. They have gone home for the day. Will be back tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.

Biggest news to come out of the #PinyonPines triple murder trial in weeks: @RivCoDA PIO says “The court is going on the record in (Dept.) 44 tomorrow at 9:30. (We) don’t know what it’s regarding. It is NOT for verdicts.”

This is 'off topic' but helps me in waiting for the ?? verdict, trying to understand what those involved are experiencing.
The Verdict here affects so many persons, in different ways, and the consequences.

I enjoy reading/listening to books, Cds by John Grisham.
'The Appeal' is terrific.
Although the case is not about murder/s it gives a good account in the Verdict section of emotions: Lawyers from both sides, Jurors, and others.
It is about a dodgy large company, and loads money involved.

In this case, I am wondering about the emotions regarding the 'secrets' that may be present, with certain persons.
Also 'money involved' in the Trial: the effect it has on those involved in the small town.

IMO if they’re reviewing her testimony, it’s to review how much Pape and Smith would have known about the crime scene reasonably if they weren’t actually there. They piece together what she was told, when she found out certain things and she relays that she spoke with pape.

She talks about what she was told (fire out the house, 3 bodies found), when she came to town, when she spoke with police, when she went back to the house and the fact that she wasn’t initiallly allowed near the crime scene.

She was in contact with pape and Garcia.

JMO, but I think that’s why they’d review her testimony—to see if she told pape the “privileged” information investigators took to mean he was the perp.
I really don't know what to make of everything now. With the announcement of the jury "going on the record tomorrow morning but not for the verdicts"..imo..the only thing it could be is a hung jury. It makes me sick to think they will get away with murder. I just don't think the DA will retry the case.. especially if there is an equal number opposing verdict.
Do you think they believe Tiffany fed Pape information? Did they establish if Javier Garcia informed Pape of the crime scene or if Pape already knew...(Pape could have phoned Becky's work & said he was Javier Garcia...just a thought)

I really don't know what to make of everything now. With the announcement of the jury "going on the record tomorrow morning but not for the verdicts"..imo..the only thing it could be is a hung jury. It makes me sick to think they will get away with murder. I just don't think the DA will retry the case.. especially if there is an equal number opposing verdict.
Do you think they believe Tiffany fed Pape information? Did they establish if Javier Garcia informed Pape of the crime scene or if Pape already knew...(Pape could have phoned Becky's work & said he was Javier Garcia...just a thought)
If the jury hangs I really think they will reprosecute. Maybe not immediately, but I don’t see DA mike Hestrin letting a triple murder go. I have a lot of faith in him, and he was the county’s top prosecutor before being elected DA, so I honestly think he wouldn’t have brought it forward without believing the case had legs. If they wait, they’re waiting for evidence technology to advance or to do more tests (like proving the wheelbarrow had weight in it when it was moved back from the scene of the altercation).

The problem with the “who knew what when” discussion is that it has been so damn long since the crime initially happened. Memories blur, things fade. She probably didn’t recollect exactly what she discussed with pape and Garcia, especially being in shock to find out it was murder and not an electric fire. Keep in mind, Garcia’s father worked for the police at one point and his mom worked in local government (I don’t remember exactly what office). I think that Garcia was a red herring although many people locally believe he’s guilty. I think if he knew information it came from his parents contacts, or even from another friend who has a parent who was working the crime scene. So many people believe in Garcia’s guilt, I firmly believe that’s one of the main reasons his mom was voted out.

I think pape knew information he shouldn’t have, I think pape had been in contact with Becky up until the hour of the murder and then he just ceased all communication (weird); and I think smith admitted to investigators that he and pape met to discuss what they were going to tell investigators. There is no evidence that leads anywhere else. I have a really hard time believing it could have been someone else.

I hope the jury sees the truth...to me the evidence points beyond a reasonable doubt that it was Pape & Smith who committed this crime...not beyond "any" or "all" doubt...I really hope they can distinguish the difference. You're right..there is no other reasonable explaination based on all the evidence #PrayingForJustice

byo - thanks for posting the last tweets from yesterday! :)

I think that Garcia was a red herring although many people locally believe he’s guilty. I think if he knew information it came from his parents contacts, or even from another friend who has a parent who was working the crime scene. So many people believe in Garcia’s guilt, I firmly believe that’s one of the main reasons his mom was voted out.

And why would Garcia kill Becky & her mom and bf? What motive would he have? Is that being talked about? Just curious!

I agree with you Shanda - the evidence that we have seen thru tweets & articles all seem to point to these two. I guess we shall have to wait & see what happens this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back