GUILTY Ca - Becky Friedli, 18, Vicki, 53, & Jon Hayward, 55, Slain, Palm Desert, 17 Sep 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wednesday, June 7th:
*Trial continues VERDICT WATCH! (Day 10) (@ 9:30am PT) CA - Rebecca 'Becky' Annaleigh Friedli (18), Vicki Friedli (53) & Jon Hayward (55) (Mom's BF) (Sept. 17, 2006) - *Cristin Conrad Smith (27/17 @ time of crime) faces LWOP (juvenile @ time of crime) accused/charged with 3 counts of murder w/special circumstances allegedly of committing multiple murders. Plead not guilty.
*Robert Lars Pape (28/18 @ time of crime) (ex-BF) charged with 3 counts of murder w/special circumstances allegedly of committing multiple murders; faces the LWOP. Plead not guilty.
6/7/18: The jurors have deliberated so far approximately 55 hours (by my calculations). Deliberations started May 23rd.
No court on Fridays - maybe?

I haven't seen any tweets or articles that have the "actual" hours of deliberations. My calculations are from the tweets. Like they start at 9:30am (except for one day) & go to 12:30pm - an hour for lunch - back at 1:30pm and deliberate until 4:30pm.

If anyone has seen any hours - please post.

I'll be back later.... setting my alarm for 7:30pm here!

And why would Garcia kill Becky & her mom and bf? What motive would he have? Is that being talked about? Just curious!

I agree with you Shanda - the evidence that we have seen thru tweets & articles all seem to point to these two. I guess we shall have to wait & see what happens this morning.

Hey Niner,
The people who believe Garcia was the actual killer believe his motivation was being “friendzoned”—wanting a Romantic relationship with Becky, but being turned down. I think most people accept that Vicki and John were unfortunate collateral damage in a crime directed towards Becky.

During the initial grand jury Garcia asked for total immunity in exchange for testimony, which created more stirrings about his potential guilt. I’m not sure if prosecutors agreed to the immunity request.

This article is from 2014 but it gives a decent backstory as far as what people say about pape and garcia:
Probe into Pinyon Pines slayings follows school ties

Not saying this is the case in that area but in my area a person named "Garcia" is going to be seen as guilty a lot sooner than a person named "Pape" or "Smith" would be.

Not saying this is the case in that area but in my area a person named "Garcia" is going to be seen as guilty a lot sooner than a person named "Pape" or "Smith" would be.
100000%. People reaching to say he’s guilty, it’s nothing but thinly veiled racism. I completely agree. It’s sad because Southern California has a vast Hispanic population—you would think the area would be more open minded.

I am so nervous waiting for this hearing to start.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1h
I’m in #Riverside for the #PinyonPines triple murder trial jury deliberations. I’ll be taking over for @KWidnerCBSL2 who covered the past few days. The jury is scheduled to go on the record today at 9:30.

To be clear, the jury won’t be talking about a verdict. It remains to be seen what will happen today in the courtroom. It either could be jury questions, more clarifications, or asking the judge for more direction, or possibly hung up about something in the case. #PinyonPines

So far the jury has asked no actual questions and requested a few readbacks and transcript of witness testimony. #PinyonPines

Jurors in the #PinyonPines trial are in the hallway waiting. Courtroom scheduled to open at 9:30.

Family of Pape has arrived in the courthouse. Jeff Moore one of the defense attorneys has entered the courtroom. #PinyonPines

more tweets coming....

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
34m
Media has been allowed in the courtroom. We are waiting for the hearing to start. Pape and Smith are present in their dress suits. #PinyonPines

Jeff Moore, Smith's attorney, is with both Pape and Smith speaking with them privately. John Patrick Dolan, the attorney for Pape has not yet arrived in the courtroom.

Family members have now entered the courtroom sitting on the other side of the aisle from media. The hearing has not started yet. Jury has not entered the coutroom yet. Smith's attorney has not yet arrived. #PinyonPines

A prosecutor and Jeff Moore, Pape's Attorney, have gone into the back doors. Possibly to speak with the judge. Hearing has not begun. Friedli family, along with the Smith and Pape family all patiently waiting. #PinyonPines

The prosecutor and Jeff Moore have come back. Prosecutor left the courtroom. Apparently whatever was discussed with the judge in chambers has been resolved. Hearing has not started yet. #PinyonPines

I can't get anything on the link you provided - oh well - I'll keep up with the tweets though!

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
33s
The prosecutor and Jeff Moore have come back. Prosecutor left the courtroom. Apparently whatever was discussed with the judge in chambers is done. Hearing won’t be on the record and has been finished. #PinyonPines

well - that was quick... ??

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
2m
This is a copy of the jury question. #PinyonPines. Requesting copies of Smith’s interview he did with police in 2006. Judge responded reminding jury the audio is the evidence and transcripts are an aid. That was the purpose of the hearing today.

Jeremy Chen on Twitter

if you can't read it - it asks for 11 more copies of Smith's interview

DfGrqCEUYAAwB25.jpg

Kitty Alvarado‏ @HeyKitty 10m10 minutes ago
To clarify: jurors requested transcripts of Cristin Smith’s interview and court reminded them transcripts are not evidence the audio is ... transcripts are only to follow along. #PinyonPines

DfGqeG5U0AAKHY2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

When is this gonna end...sheesh

Okay - instead of going back to look - didn't they hear/read his interview a few days ago? Or am I incorrect?
I think they were having difficulties with the audio playing back correctly so they needed a transcript/the court reporter to come back

Apparently deliberations are still going strong

Thanks for the explanation Xojoanne!

If not today - do you think they'll be in tomorrow? Usually California courts are dark, unless the Judge lets them come in from what I understand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back