Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's something I don't believe that has been brought up before. Are we absolutely, positively sure that Blaze and his friend went to this park, or is that the story that the friend is telling family and friends? Has there been any evidence at all that Blaze was actually in that park that night?

Thinking about this long and hard, so far, we're going by what the friend said. That he used the bathroom, came out, and supposedly, Blaze was gone. Something sounds a bit hinky about that. Are the bathrooms open 24 hours a day all year long? If it was a guy, as has been stated, how the heck long did he take to go to the restroom that he couldn't have caught up with Blaze in a matter of a minute or two?

Maybe the alibi was the park, but the coming back at 4 am has me unsettled now. What did they really come back for? To make sure all the evidence, if any was truly there, was gone? Or did this person want their own DNA there (hand print on door to restroom, paper towel in bathroom or water faucet, gum wrapper, etc) to try to back up their own claim that they were there to go with the story about Blaze going into the park?

Remember when they said a female friend got a text about an hour later, which led the parents to believe foul play might be involved? They also thought that Blaze might not have sent the text? Have they found his phone or anything at all in the park to prove he was indeed there?

Just my thoughts and opinions only.

more pictures of BB:

47D94B4E00000578-5243749-image-a-15_1515336974537.jpg
47D94B4600000578-5243749-image-m-22_1515337134617.jpg
47D94B5600000578-5243749-image-a-23_1515337143677.jpg
47D94B6100000578-5243749-image-a-24_1515337154643.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5243749/Ivy-Legaue-student-19-goes-missing-family-visit.html

Has the whereabouts of the driver/friend between 11 pm and 4 am been accounted for and 100% verified by now?

Ok, here's something I don't believe that has been brought up before. Are we absolutely, positively sure that Blaze and his friend went to this park, or is that the story that the friend is telling family and friends? Has there been any evidence at all that Blaze was actually in that park that night?

Thinking about this long and hard, so far, we're going by what the friend said. That he used the bathroom, came out, and supposedly, Blaze was gone. Something sounds a bit hinky about that. Are the bathrooms open 24 hours a day all year long? If it was a guy, as has been stated, how the heck long did he take to go to the restroom that he couldn't have caught up with Blaze in a matter of a minute or two?

Maybe the alibi was the park, but the coming back at 4 am has me unsettled now. What did they really come back for? To make sure all the evidence, if any was truly there, was gone? Or did this person want their own DNA there (hand print on door to restroom, paper towel in bathroom or water faucet, gum wrapper, etc) to try to back up their own claim that they were there to go with the story about Blaze going into the park?

Remember when they said a female friend got a text about an hour later, which led the parents to believe foul play might be involved? They also thought that Blaze might not have sent the text? Have they found his phone or anything at all in the park to prove he was indeed there?

Just my thoughts and opinions only.

Yes. All of this. I believe with absolute certainty that this young man did not just run away from his life and has met with foul play :(.

Was there even a third person?

After all of the mis-reporting, and some of the other posts here, I am starting to agree that there may have never been a third friend, and no park.

I have a feeling that's related to why we still don't know who he was meeting. Police could be keeping it quiet, but perhaps they doubt the whole story.

That explains why he supposedly drove BB 5 mins to the park, b/c it didn't happen. He took him somewhere else.

It's easy to "drop BB at the park" knowing there are creepy people, a vast wilderness and some psychotic mountain lions in the area (mountain lions have repeatedly injured and stalked humans, including killing and partially eating one in this area. Multiple mountain lions. That is extremely unusual behavior for mountain lions, but I digress).

Then the bizarre staged text. I wonder where that ping was detected. I bet it wasn't from the park if I am correct.

Using the park as the drop off point creates a wild goose chase totally throwing off the investigation. So why waste all that manpower? Well, for 1, to be sure.... and 2) to play along hoping to get more leads.

Oh wow- I didn't even read your post this morning nor the following replies yet- how strange, as I posted the same thing basically just a few minutes ago and am now catching up reading all the posts from where I left off last night. So, it appears that many of us are on the same page now about Blaze possibly not being in the park, and if there was a "third friend" he sure as heck didn't meet him/her there, IMO.

Oh wow- I didn't even read your post this morning nor the following replies yet- how strange, as I posted the same thing basically just a few minutes ago and am now catching up reading all the posts from where I left off last night. So, it appears that many of us are on the same page now about Blaze possibly not being in the park, and if there was a "third friend" he sure as heck didn't meet him/her there, IMO.
I guess if we're sharing leans...I'm still in Gathering-Possibilities Mode. I honestly don't yet feel a strong pull toward any of the scenarios we've suggested or discussed since his thread began. Just so precious little confirmed info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think that maybe most of us failed to look at the driver because in the first reports it was stated that the driver was a high school friend of Blaze's. So it kinda makes sense that we would sort of unconsciously pass over him as a potential suspect, long-term friend helping a buddy out, that sorta thing.

Let's not forget, too, that in a couple of articles, the media mentioned that the friend that drove Blaze to the park said "he was very upset" before he got out of the car and went into the woods. Another misdirection, perhaps, by the so called friend?

Yes. All of this. I believe with absolute certainty that this young man did not just run away from his life and has met with foul play :(.

Was there even a third person?

I was thinking the same.

Also, Did he not have a phone?

The parents posted a couple of hours ago on the status of the search. This is interesting:

"[FONT=&amp]They also had a canine sweep which did not come up with anything."

I'll wait until another dog search is done (I am sure there will be another), but to me this tells me he was never in the park. Dogs can be unreliable, but I doubt they would miss a week old scent entirely.

EDIT: I suppose it's possible they did detect a scent but that it was useless. I interpreted "did not come up with anything" means no scent at all.[/FONT]

I trust that the dogs are correct and that Blaze was never in those woods that night.

I missed it if it said, how did the family find out about the friend?

Let's not forget, too, that in a couple of articles, the media mentioned that the friend that drove Blaze to the park said "he was very upset" before he got out of the car and went into the woods. Another misdirection, perhaps, by the so called friend?

I didn't read that, and it makes what the friend said about not knowing why Blaze wanted to go to the park or what he was doing make even less sense.

in the L. A. times friend states He went to the restroom and when he came out Blaze was gone, he had walked away. I am going w the L.A. Times.

I've been following this with the family Facebook as I live very closely by. I suspect the so called friend which didn't even know his address isn't telling the whole truth and what really happened. I think he is the key in all this. I wonder if he was driving the same car as the body was found burned in LA day after this happened.

I've been following this with the family Facebook as I live very closely by. I suspect the so called friend which didn't even know his address isn't telling the whole truth and what really happened. I think he is the key in all this. I wonder if he was driving the same car as the body was found burned in LA day after this happened.
I think it was closer to a 48-hour timespan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It does if Blaze had no intention of returning to the East Coast...

You need to read his moms post on FB. He was very happy and looking forward to his new apartment and going back to school

Did the supposed friend do #1 or #2 when he "used the bathroom?" Seems to me, in a dark empty park at night he could have just peed on a bush if he had to go that badly. Why is the bathroom part of his story?

You need to read his moms post on FB. He was very happy and looking forward to his new apartment and going back to school

So therefore it is true? Looking at all angles helps. Of course the mother will be biased, understandably so. She doesn't want the wrong kind of light shed on her son, as her priority is finding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee