Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that also where a suspicious car has been parked for several days, that was posted on the FB family page?

No, these are two different areas. Also, the "suspicious" car has already beg vetted and cleared.

On Wednesday afternoon, Blaze missed a dental appointment. Gideon said that’s when he started to worry.

“I left work early and we came back to the house and started to pour through the computer and figure out what messages he had sent were relevant to what he had been up to in the last 24 hours,” Gideon said.

They contacted law enforcement and filed a missing person's report.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ft-parents-home-meet-friend-article-1.3741871

College age kids don't always tell their parents everything, er... anything. Not surprising to me that they did not know he had left the house.

I have a feeling that when the friend went to the bathroom someone else picked BB up. i don't think he's in the wilderness park area.
I also don't think we've heard everything yet.

Whiting Ranch is huge I've hiked in there quite a few times. There are mountain
lions that have killed a couple of bike riders there. A few Years ago a couple got lost in there it took many days of searches to locate them. There's lots of brush, trees, bushes. There's ravines and ditches you can easily be missed. I'm thinking the friend who LE has yet to release his name. Maybe at this point he's the number one suspect. Did he go back at 4am nervous and possibly removed him and moved him to another location? Who knows maybe they never went to the park in the first place. I hope and pray nothing bad happened to him. It feels like the Bryce Laspisa case all over again.

It does if Blaze had no intention of returning to the East Coast...

So what would be the point in involving the friend to give him a ride to the park which is only five minutes away from his house? Why bother to involved that person at all, and why would this friend agree to go along with the "meeting another friend" in the park BS? That doesn't make sense to me. If he was going to meet someone there to disappear with him, he could have simply walked there by himself without involving another person left to answer questions to the cops and family.

Certified drone pilots are joining the search on Sunday, Jan. 7 for a 19-year-old college student who vanished in the Lake Forest area last week.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...19-year-old-student-blake-bernstein-vanished/

Bernstein’s friend eventually began sending text messages to him when he didn’t return, but did not hear back from him, Della Donna said. The friend left and then returned at 4 a.m. to look for Bernstein again.

Eventually, the location device on Bernstein’s phone stopped functioning and the phone was turned off at 11:30 p.m., Della Donna said.

Whiting Ranch is huge I've hiked in there quite a few times. There are mountain
lions that have killed a couple of bike riders there. A few Years ago a couple got lost in there it took many days of searches to locate them. There's lots of brush, trees, bushes. There's ravines and ditches you can easily be missed. I'm thinking the friend who LE has yet to release his name. Maybe at this point he's the number one suspect. Did he go back at 4am nervous and possibly removed him and moved him to another location? Who knows maybe they never went to the park in the first place. I hope and pray nothing bad happened to him. It feels like the Bryce Laspisa case all over again.

police know when his GPS was turned off, around 11;30 I think it was,
so that means they have the last location--the park

One specific detail of the driver's story that strikes me as odd is that the driver allegedly went to the bathroom at Borrego Park before he tried to find Blaze. This is a suburban park; shouldn't the bathrooms be closed at night once the park closed? Or are these port-a-potties or something?

I thought the same thing. And, if the driver got the address 30 minuets prior to arrival and the park is a 5 min drive from Blaze’s...why would the young driver choose to use a public restroom, likely a creepy one at night? I’m a bit past my teens and I don’t even have to make as frequent of stops. Except when I was pregnant!
Either way...so odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been reading through to catch up on where I left off.

It's concerning the dogs didn't pick up Blaze's scent. Real concerning. I wonder if the GPS/location services on that phone really did show he was at the park. We haven't heard that for sure.

I'm now thinking he never went to the park.

Another thing that stuck out to me was, the friend/driver never did sound the alarm that he couldn't find Blaze. His parents reported him missing. Dad stated that when Blaze missed the dental appointment is when he went home and realize Blaze was missing. So all the tales about going to the park, going to the bathroom, leaving, going back at 4 am to try to find Blaze, and he never once told anyone? Not until he was questioned?

I'm getting a Taylor Wright vibe here. LE kept who she was last with on the DL until they made an arrest. Much of what this driver friend says doesn't pass the smell test at all.

If Blaze had a planned disappearance, then why involve this friend at all?

And weird he didn't have his own cell phone, but was using a relatives. How would any of his friends know it was him calling or testing under someone else's name?

I'm wondering how they even knew about this "friend" in the first place. Did he voluntarily come forward after the missing persons report was filed? Was there an electronic "footprint" that somehow led the family and/or LE to him? If there were texts to this person, which cell phone was used to send these texts? The relative's cell phone that BB supposedly had on him has not been found so how would they have found any texts between the two? Also, I don't think it means anything that this "friend" is being cooperative with family and LE. I still think the link to finding BB is the last person that saw him alive, and that is this friend. Even if LE says they don't consider him a suspect doesn't mean they don't.

I'm wondering how they even knew about this "friend" in the first place. Did he voluntarily come forward after the missing report was filed? Was there an electronic "footprint" that somehow led the family and/or LE to him? If there were texts to this person, which cell phone was used to send these texts? The relative's cell phone that BB supposedly had on him has not been found so how would they have found any texts between the two? Also, I don't think it means anything that this "friend" is being cooperative with family and LE. I still think the link to finding BB is the last person that saw him alive, and that is this friend. Even if LE says they don't consider him a suspect doesn't mean they don't.

Because according to some lady called Annee Della Donna:

"At 9:30 p.m., he sent a text message with his family's Lake Forest address for a high school buddy to pick him up and take him to the park to meet the third person," she said. "The park is five minutes away and they got there about 10:30 p.m. Bernstein went off alone into the park while his friend waited back in the car."

Did BB only plan to step outside the house for a brief period of time? Does it look like he planned to leave the house at all?

If I were stepping outside the house to talk to a friend in my driveway, I'd likely leave my keys, purse/wallet, glasses in the house but take my phone. If I were stepping out to walk/drive to a nearby convenience store or meet-up place and I expected to be gone for only 5-10 minutes, I'd take all of the above. If I were planning to venture farther than a few blocks and/or for a longer period of time, I'd take all the above.

My husband never leaves the house without his wallet and phone. However, if he steps outside to talk to someone, he leaves his wallet inside but takes his phone.

What about BB's demographic? Would most kids who expected to just be outside for a sec take their wallet, phones, glasses? What about a couple blocks away? And farther than that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just read the FB page the family started; am I the only one who is repulsed by the shameless self-promotion by people like this:

Test flight for today's drone search. Don't forget to tune in to K*** X at *:**, *:**, and **:** am for additional coverage on the search.

Note: The above was posted by some dude with a drone who is self-promoting (look at me! look at me!) his appearance on a newscast; so I censored the station and times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo