Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he could have lost his phone or accidentally left it back at school-so you borrow one and use it until you get yours back. I'm thinking he had an iPad too which may be how his parents logged into his Snapchat.

In 2018 people would miss a flight rather than not having their mobile for their entire winter break...
The reason I don't put much weight on the lost or broken mobile possibility is that the device [without service to make/receive calls; so likely wi-fi only] "had been lent to him by a relative a week earlier." If one loses or breaks their device and had insurance it does not take a week to get the replacement. On the off-chance one did not have insurance, they would either replace it or they would have activated the device "lent to him by a relative a week earlier" with service.
Therefore, I would suggest that one must consider other possibilities.

YES, thank you!

It was either him going to the police himself (or family) or they tracked him down through text messages. BUT.... I guess my biggest question is which phone the texts came from. I'm confused as to why he had a loaner phone and where his own phone was. He DID take the loaner phone with him, correct? If so, then the texts must have been made on his OWN phone. Oiy! I'm confused!

Iirc, he had been borrowing someone else’s phone for a week or so. The way I interpret it, when msm or family say the last text was sent from his phone, they mean the loaner.

ETA: I’m trying to find the msm source(s) about whether or not he was really using a borrowed phone; maybe it’s a hypothetical just shared in this thread?

EETA: found the msm story link! https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...ln-oc-missing-student-20180106-story,amp.html

“Bernstein’s cellphone, which had been lent to him by a relative a week earlier, was not receiving calls, according to investigators and friends of the family.”

Question regarding Grindr: I read it's not uncommon for men to meet with no ID and be gone "for a few days??" Why/how is this common practice? I've been under the impression such encounters were by nature relatively brief.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am guessing because some may be drug fueled?

i find the fact that LE doesn't hv his phone\laptop\ipad an issue. When family hacks your devices...why doesn't LE hv hIs devices at this stage,one would think they would secure his devices, he is a adult not a child.

He does have a play list *advertiser censored* which could mean X for ecstasy or Molly, not sure. He likes ABBA which is just so sweet. I wondered if LE where at the airport to see if he got on his flight. Did he miss his flight?

He does have a play list *advertiser censored* which could mean X for ecstasy or Molly, not sure. He likes ABBA which is just so sweet. I wondered if LE where at the airport to see if he got on his flight. Did he miss his flight?

What do you mean he has a "playlist *advertiser censored*?"

Why the use of this particular pronoun? Are they backing off now from saying it was a man?

<modsnip>

So many variations of stories and quotes, I don't know what to think or believe anymore. Reporting these days is just awful.

Thank you, because I keep hearing and reading conflicting stories about the friend being male/female. Depending upon which article you read or what broadcast you listen to, they change. Just like the cell phone- does he have his own, or the relatives phone that he was borrowing.

"They drove to Borrego Park together, where they were going to meet up with another friend. While the first friend waited near a restroom, Bernstein walked toward the park to meet the other friend.

About an hour later, he sent a final text to a female friend, and then his phone apparently stopped working. The friend who picked him up said he never returned, and he left. <----------He texted a female an hour later after getting to the park? Is this the person who drive him? It's confusing. What did the text say?----

Bernstein's parents said he didn't have his ID, wallet, money, credit cards or glasses with him, leading them to believe their son was only expecting to be there for a short time."

http://ktla.com/2018/01/05/universi...g-after-going-to-meet-up-with-friend-at-park/

Iirc, he had been borrowing someone else&#8217;s phone for a week or so. The way I interpret it, when msm or family say the last text was sent from his phone, they mean the loaner.

ETA: I&#8217;m trying to find the msm source(s) about whether or not he was really using a borrowed phone; maybe it&#8217;s a hypothetical just shared in this thread?

I'm like 99.9% sure it was quoted several times here from msm that he had a borrowed phone with him.

I'm like 99.9% sure it was quoted several times here from msm that he had a borrowed phone with him.

Yup! I finally found the link and added it to my previous post to bump it.

Why the use of this particular pronoun? Are they backing off now from saying it was a man?

<modsnip>

So many variations of stories and quotes, I don't know what to think or believe anymore. Reporting these days is just awful.
Is it possible the friend uses us/they/them as pronouns?

Reminds me a bit of Lauren Spierers' case ... it's like whomever saw him last have clammed up .
Not good at all -- b/c if he OD'd or fell into a river -- why keep silent ?
If someone was with him -- did they hide him ?
Only reason for that is that he may have been deliberately harmed. :(

So sad for his loved ones. This has to be a god-awful nightmare for them !

Music is great insight just as well as playlist titles. Linguistics help solve many cases. Any social media and tech devices are PC forensics used to solves cases. I don't see LE stating foul play, and until all of his devices are examined Forensically, I am on the fence as to whether he walked away vs being harmed.

<modsnip>

I think the reason people are focusing on his sexuality is because there is a common gay app used for quick hookups. If he used that app then investigators could possibly find out who he was planning to meet with. I don't think it has anything to do with his value as a person. I think everyone is thoroughly concerned for his well-being.

As for the music list, I think it could possibly be a clue if he had playlists created based on a theme like suicide and depression. I haven't looked at his music lists but that is just my guess.

<modsnip>

When you SLEUTH, you look at EVERYTHING. No stone should be left unturned. And if something like a playlist can help, then so be it. Does it always? No. But there's nothing wrong IMO, at looking and speculating. MOO MOO MOO

I know that meth isn't uncommon.

I want to put this drug use issue to rest. Blaze was very anti-drug and it's clear looking at his photos, at least clear to me, that he is not a drug user. Meth and X users don't generally attend Ivy League universities and attend synogogues, as Blaze did. Again, drawing on my experience as a gay man, Blaze does not fit the profile of young gay males.

<modsnip>

The music someone listens to can be relevant. For example it can reveal topics they might be struggling with, can point to other types of people they might mix with, etc. I would agree on this case so far that I haven't seen anything I consider substantial related to the playlists. But it's one more facet of his online presence that we can consider.

<modsnip>

Terrible for his family.. any hint or small piece of evidence showing if he'd had an argument with anyone... or if he owed someone $, or just a casual encounter that went terribly wrong.
also ,some will seek psychic help.
My .02 is that there could be significant clues in whomever he last communicated with.
Very few people meet anyone (if he met up with people) by just talking. There has to be an electronic 'trail'.

I hope he's just taking some time away from his family for whatever reason.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member