Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's was the mom's wording according to the post I was replying to.
I haven't seen her interview.
Oh I agree with you, iscaremyself. I'm just trying to get a handle on her use of it. It seems odd to me to use (what sounds to my ear like) a casual phrase, when talking about the moment a child went missing. I'm not implying anything nefarious about her at all -- it just stood out to me.

I'll go see if I can watch the interview myself. Intonation and such can make a world of difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yea I caught that but it doesn't pin down the time they had the conversation.
Could it have been a phone conversation while he was at penn or the day before he left for the park?
Because they're speaking of his Iphone which I thought he left at penn.
Each description I hear of the things he left, glasses, wallet, money, there's been no mention of the Iphone.

THE reporter says "THE VERY DAY HE LEFT FOR THE PARK. HIS MOM TALKED TO HIM ABOUT PUTTING TRACKING ON HIS PHONE..."from there MOM SAYS "and BLAZE said DON'T WORRY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO FIND ME WITH ME WITH FIND MY iPHONE....YOU KNOW THE LOCATION SERVICES WILL BE ON, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND IT." back to the report who says "but THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT OR FIND HIM...."

starting at 1:05 mark

Blaze's mom was just on Fox News 11 (LA). She said "My son met up with a friend...they came to this park...and then he just ran off and never was seen again." She seemed perfectly convinced of his "buddy's story." Ran off? That's the first I've heard run instead of walk

She also said she doesn't know what to expect when they find him and is preparing for "the worse."
Derned if I tried to find that interview. I googled and checked Fox News 11. No luck. Any ideas how I could find that interview?

Oh I agree with you, iscaremyself. I'm just trying to get a handle on her use of it. It seems odd to me to use (what sounds to my ear like) a casual phrase, when talking about the moment a child went missing. I'm not implying anything nefarious about her at all -- it just stood out to me.

I'll go see if I can watch the interview myself. Intonation and such can make a world of difference.

I'm searching for it now. It was just on tv so it may take a bit for it to make it online. Then you guys can tell me what you think.

I was hoping Blaze would be found by today. Here in Southern CA rain tomorrow and flash floods on Tues. with all the fires we've had lately with burn so many burn areas will be lots of mudslides. Ugh

I found the video. I'm not sure if this is the right way to link, though.

http://www.foxla.com/news/305001597-video

If that doesn't work go to...
http://www.foxla.com/

And it's a little ways down on the page.

Edit: To fix link

THE reporter says "THE VERY DAY HE LEFT FOR THE PARK. HIS MOM TALKED TO HIM ABOUT PUTTING TRACKING ON HIS PHONE..."from there MOM SAYS "and BLAZE said DON'T WORRY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO FIND ME WITH ME WITH FIND MY iPHONE....YOU KNOW THE LOCATION SERVICES WILL BE ON, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND IT." back to the report who says "but THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT OR FIND HIM...."

right.. but he didn't have his phone..

I know I would want to know where my son was at all times. I'm lucky. Mine joined the USAF so I knew that at some point someone would always be expecting him at work and go looking for him when he didn't report. It made it a little bit easier letting him leave the nest. But I couldn't really expect that my now 20 YO son would go for me tracking his cell phone and where he always was when he was 19. I always tell my son for him to just let me know where he plans on going when he's visiting so if he goes missing, I'll know where to start looking and that I'm not getting into his business. He knows I read this forum everyday so I hope he gets why I say it.
So if you know your kid has zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol and is very responsible why would you feel the need to know where he was every second of the day? And as it was proven the person that has the phone can just turn the tracker off when they don't want to be tracked. Why would he have to sneak out of the house if he had such an open relationship with his family? It's not too weird for a kid home from college to want to go out and meet with friends. I think if he didn't have anything to hide he wouldn't have. I feel for this family and Blaze. It's a scary situation they are facing.

Derned if I tried to find that interview. I googled and checked Fox News 11. No luck. Any ideas how I could find that interview?

right..no luck either..
oh..just saw it.

So if I understand Mom - Blaze just ran off into the woods? I listen to the podcast “The Vanished” and it has amazed me when parents report being told by LE not to discuss their case with the media or to limit the information released to the media. That seems counter intuitive on some level but perhaps there are valid reasons. It did seem as if Mom was holding back a bit? I applaud her strength though.

So if I understand Mom - Blaze just ran off into the woods? I listen to the podcast “The Vanished” and it has amazed me when parents report being told by LE not to discuss their case with the media or to limit the information released to the media. That seems counter intuitive on some level but perhaps there are valid reasons. It did seem as if Mom was holding back a bit? I applaud her strength though.

Yes that's what it sounded like to me too. It sounded like his friend saw him run off to the woods, perhaps.

That might imply that mom thought he had his own iphone but he used another phone without letting her know?

I know I would want to know where my son was at all times. I'm lucky. Mine joined the USAF so I knew that at some point someone would always be expecting him at work and go looking for him when he didn't report. It made it a little bit easier letting him leave the nest. But I couldn't really expect that my now 20 YO son would go for me tracking his cell phone and where he always was when he was 19. I always tell my son for him to just let me know where he plans on going when he's visiting so if he goes missing, I'll know where to start looking and that I'm not getting into his business. He knows I read this forum everyday so I hope he gets why I say it.
So if you know your kid has zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol and is very responsible why would you feel the need to know where he was every second of the day? And as it was proven the person that has the phone can just turn the tracker off when they don't want to be tracked. Why would he have to sneak out of the house if he had such an open relationship with his family? It's not too weird for a kid home from college to want to go out and meet with friends. I think if he didn't have anything to hide he wouldn't have. I feel for this family and Blaze. It's a scary situation they are facing.

bbm Maybe mom was worried because of his medical issue?

Interview with BB's mother, talking about her son leaving the house the night he disappeared

http://www.mlive.com/news/kala...a_patrick_case_has_amateu.html

My opinion only: I don't see a convinced woman. On the contrary, her tone and word choices sound like she's serving the same lines that have been fed to her a thousand times and by now have no meaning for her. She says them with no conviction.

When she's describing what she was told happened in the park...when she's describing the great lengths of the search efforts....she looks to me like she's ticking things off a checklist that have no meaning for her because she doesn't believe a thing she's been told.

Instead, I get the sense she's really, really, really reserving herself. There's SO much tension when she declares, "I want answers." Very direct. Almost like she's addressing someone in particular. Something like, yes, we know the story of what happened at the park. It means nothing. These are all the ways we've been trying to find him in the area. The efforts mean nothing. I want THE answer. I want THE direction.

To me, THAT was the message of meaning for her, behind the words she spoke to the journalist.

My opinion only.

25039220_175790616352770_8801324966684393472_n.jpg

:thinking:

Location Services should be the default setting for a cell phone. Why would she be reminding him to turn something on that should already be on?

People have said a few times in this thread that the park was a 5 minute walk from his house. This is incorrect. It would be 25-30 minutes to walk that, and the walk back from the park is up hill. Not that hard to do (especially if he didn't have any other way home), but I think asking why he had someone drive him is likely to lead down a dead end. It's not weird to want to drive/ride for what would take nearly an hour to walk round-trip at night.

Exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members