Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom did appear well put together with her make up and hair. Perhaps LE advised her on how and what to say?

I am still confused as to was it HIS phone or a someone else’s? Hard to imagine him not having his own phone or was this a burner phone he only used for some private reason?

Interview with BB's mother, talking about her son leaving the house the night he disappeared

http://www.mlive.com/news/kala...a_patrick_case_has_amateu.html

My opinion only: I don't see a convinced woman. On the contrary, her tone and word choices sound like she's serving the same lines that have been fed to her a thousand times and by now have no meaning for her. She says them with no conviction.

When she's describing what she was told happened in the park...when she's describing the great lengths of the search efforts....she looks to me like she's ticking things off a checklist that have no meaning for her because she doesn't believe a thing she's been told.

Instead, I get the sense she's really, really, really reserving herself. There's SO much tension when she declares, "I want answers." Very direct. Almost like she's addressing someone in particular. Something like, yes, we know the story of what happened at the park. It means nothing. These are all the ways we've been trying to find him in the area. The efforts mean nothing. I want THE answer. I want THE direction.

To me, THAT was the message of meaning for her, behind the words she spoke to the journalist.

My opinion only.

Thank you for letting us know what you think. I guess I thought that she was being truthful because usually when people doubt people's stories, they say things like "according to his friend" or something like that and I didn't see any of that.

I know I would want to know where my son was at all times. I'm lucky. Mine joined the USAF so I knew that at some point someone would always be expecting him at work and go looking for him when he didn't report. It made it a little bit easier letting him leave the nest. But I couldn't really expect that my now 20 YO son would go for me tracking his cell phone and where he always was when he was 19. I always tell my son for him to just let me know where he plans on going when he's visiting so if he goes missing, I'll know where to start looking and that I'm not getting into his business. He knows I read this forum everyday so I hope he gets why I say it.
So if you know your kid has zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol and is very responsible why would you feel the need to know where he was every second of the day? And as it was proven the person that has the phone can just turn the tracker off when they don't want to be tracked. Why would he have to sneak out of the house if he had such an open relationship with his family? It's not too weird for a kid home from college to want to go out and meet with friends. I think if he didn't have anything to hide he wouldn't have. I feel for this family and Blaze. It's a scary situation they are facing.

My two college sons are late 20's both graduated college already how can you track someone else with locations services from my phone? I wish I knew how when they were young.

Location Services should be the default setting for a cell phone. Why would she be reminding him to turn something on that should already be on?

I turn mine off sometimes to conserve battery when it's getting drained.

I don't think his own cell phone has ever been addressed in MSM. Just the phone he was using he got from a relative. That's the only phone that been talked about, over and over again. To my knowledge, no one in the family has made a peep about any other phone. Period.

I'm thankful that the weather in Borrego Springs Park isn't the scorching heat often experienced in the summer. If Blaze is out there, let's hope and pray for the best.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0119:1:US

This isn't the correct area you've posted...Borrego Park, where BB was last seen, is located in Foothill Ranch. It's a neighborhood park that is adjacent to a wilderness area. In a very surburban, cookie cutter neighborhood.

Interview with BB's mother, talking about her son leaving the house the night he disappeared

http://www.mlive.com/news/kala...a_patrick_case_has_amateu.html

My opinion only: I don't see a convinced woman. On the contrary, her tone and word choices sound like she's serving the same lines that have been fed to her a thousand times and by now have no meaning for her. She says them with no conviction.

When she's describing what she was told happened in the park...when she's describing the great lengths of the search efforts....she looks to me like she's ticking things off a checklist that have no meaning for her because she doesn't believe a thing she's been told.

Instead, I get the sense she's really, really, really reserving herself. There's SO much tension when she declares, "I want answers." Very direct. Almost like she's addressing someone in particular. Something like, yes, we know the story of what happened at the park. It means nothing. These are all the ways we've been trying to find him in the area. The efforts mean nothing. I want THE answer. I want THE direction.

To me, THAT was the message of meaning for her, behind the words she spoke to the journalist.

My opinion only.

Your observations are right on. This is a really sad day for the family. It was supposed to be a happy day celebrating him going back to school in his new apartment. Heartbreaking. [emoji20]

This isn't the correct area you've posted...Borrego Park, where BB was last seen, is located in Foothill Ranch. It's a neighborhood park that is adjacent to a wilderness area. In a very surburban, cookie cutter neighborhood.

Oh boy, my bad. Sorry about that!

Still - I'm glad our temps aren't scorching or freezing cold, like back East.

THE reporter says "THE VERY DAY HE LEFT FOR THE PARK. HIS MOM TALKED TO HIM ABOUT PUTTING TRACKING ON HIS PHONE..."from there MOM SAYS "and BLAZE said DON'T WORRY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO FIND ME WITH ME WITH FIND MY iPHONE....YOU KNOW THE LOCATION SERVICES WILL BE ON, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND IT." back to the report who says "but THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT OR FIND HIM...."

starting at 1:05 mark
What brought about that conversation?

Was there an incident that caused her to feel the need to monitor his every move and online activity (possibly confiscating his iPhone at some point since he's been home on break)?

It's a conversation you have when he's leaving home for the first time to go to school across the country, not after first semester of sophomore year.

IMO the family is withholding from the public (which is fine) but I hope they have told law enforcement everything.

Was there an incident that caused her to feel the need to monitor his every move and online activity (possibly confiscating his iPhone at some point since he's been home on break)?

It's a conversation you have when he's leaving home for the first time to go to school across the country, not after first semester of sophomore year.

IMO the family is withholding from the public (which is fine) but I hope they have told law enforcement everything.

Not just that, it's a strange thing to tell a reporter. I think we already knew location services had been turned off, why talk to a reporter about how you told him the very day he vanished to turn it on? And for a reason that Blake would have obviously seen through - it was so his parents would know where he was, not so he'd know where his mother was.

Thank you for letting us know what you think. I guess I thought that she was being truthful because usually when people doubt people's stories, they say things like "according to his friend" or something like that and I didn't see any of that.
She strikes me as a very self-aware, self-assured, self-controlled woman. If LE told her, "You need to present yourself as if you're just going with the flow. Don't make any waves that might scare away whoever did this," I can see her accepting that role and channeling all her anger and despair into concealing it -- if that makes sense.

My two college sons are late 20's both graduated college already how can you track someone else with locations services from my phone? I wish I knew how when they were young.

Through apps. Your sons would have to download the app first, then invite you to it. There are a number of apps that achieve this purpose.

Well, we don't know if it was the first time she'd asked him. Maybe she's been harping on him to keep it "on" since he got his driver's license. We don't know.

Through apps. Your sons would have to download the app first, then invite you to it. There are a number of apps that achieve this purpose.

My son has young teenagers and he put an app on their phones to disconnect them from the internet at dinner time and bed time. There are apps for just about anything.

Hopefully the family property has been searched thoroughly.....anyone who followed Molly Miller's thread will understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we don't know if it was the first time she'd asked him. Maybe she's been harping on him to keep it "on" since he got his driver's license. We don't know.

I agree. Who knows why she had that talk with him then. Maybe it was an ongoing problem the first year he was away at college.

To tell you the truth, after reading up on so many college aged men and woman who have disappeared after a night on the town, I'd want my son to have his location services on at all times, just so if he came up missing, we could find him. Probably just like Blaze's mother. And her son DID come up missing.

So, I've been playing around with that map I posted previously. I turned off the topographic lines (the brown lines I referred too in my earlier post) and that left me with an excellent contour map of the area. You can really see the valleys and hills along with other features that were obscured in the earlier map by all the brown. In this map the black star marks the location of Borrego Park, Blaze's last known location, the red dot a little north of the star is Blaze's house.

Something that struck me here is that Borrego Trail runs right by Blaze's neighborhood. Another thing that stuck out to me, but you can't see it in this map is that off to the southeast, just beyond the lower cut-off of the map is a pretty big reservoir, big enough to dump a body maybe? Just thinking outloud here. Anyhow, take a look see, tell me what you're thoughts are, esp in light of Blaze's mom saying he took off into the woods.

VIVH8mv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member