Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She strikes me as a very self-aware, self-assured, self-controlled woman. If LE told her, "You need to present yourself as if you're just going with the flow. Don't make any waves that might scare away whoever did this," I can see her accepting that role and channeling all her anger and despair into concealing it -- if that makes sense.

I remember watching an ID show within the last several months (could have been a repeat) where the parents were instructed to act like they didn't suspect the son-in-law at all of their daughter's murder during the press conference. The mother even held his hand. She said it was the hardest thing she ever had to do, but she was an amazing actress! Anyone know what case I'm talking about?

Hopefully the family property has been searched thoroughly.....anyone who followed Molly Miller's thread will understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen to that. Upstairs dead for 3 days before she was found.

I remember watching an ID show within the last several months (could have been a repeat) where the parents were instructed to act like they didn't suspect the son-in-law at all of their daughter's murder during the press conference. The mother even held his hand. She said it was the hardest thing she ever had to do, but she was an amazing actress! Anyone know what case I'm talking about?

Laura Wallen. Baby daddy murdered her. The parents were amazing.

Well, we don't know if it was the first time she'd asked him. Maybe she's been harping on him to keep it "on" since he got his driver's license. We don't know.

Knowing the neighborhood that Univ of Penn is in it would have been smart to keep his location turned on. While Penn is a very prestigious university it is in one of the worst parts of Philadelphia.

Well, we don't know if it was the first time she'd asked him. Maybe she's been harping on him to keep it "on" since he got his driver's license. We don't know.
Do you know that he did indeed have a driver's license?

I ask because he didn't drive that night. If he did have a license, then one can't rule out the possibility his parents may have revoked his car privileges at some point while he was home on break...

So, I've been playing around with that map I posted previously. I turned off the topographic lines (the brown lines I referred too in my earlier post) and that left me with an excellent contour map of the area. You can really see the valleys and hills along with other features that were obscured in the earlier map by all the brown. In this map the black star marks the location of Borrego Park, Blaze's last known location, the red dot a little north of the star is Blaze's house.

Something that struck me here is that Borrego Trail runs right by Blaze's neighborhood. Another thing that stuck out to me, but you can't see it in this map is that off to the southeast, just beyond the lower cut-off of the map is a pretty big reservoir, big enough to dump a body maybe? Just thinking outloud here. Anyhow, take a look see, tell me what you're thoughts are, esp in light of Blaze's mom saying he took off into the woods.

VIVH8mv.jpg

You're right. Regardless of how a person might end up in the reservoir, I think that location is worth note. We need Tim Miller.

if his parents are paying the bill for the iPhone, most cell providers have a "locate my device" function on their customer service websites...as long as GPS is turned on, you can log-on to the website and use it to locate a missing/misplaced device. no need for any special apps or software. they do make special tracking / family following apps. but even without an app, the owner of the account likely can track any device tied to the account without any special app or LE involvement.

So, I've been playing around with that map I posted previously. I turned off the topographic lines (the brown lines I referred too in my earlier post) and that left me with an excellent contour map of the area. You can really see the valleys and hills along with other features that were obscured in the earlier map by all the brown. In this map the black star marks the location of Borrego Park, Blaze's last known location, the red dot a little north of the star is Blaze's house.

Something that struck me here is that Borrego Trail runs right by Blaze's neighborhood. Another thing that stuck out to me, but you can't see it in this map is that off to the southeast, just beyond the lower cut-off of the map is a pretty big reservoir, big enough to dump a body maybe? Just thinking outloud here. Anyhow, take a look see, tell me what you're thoughts are, esp in light of Blaze's mom saying he took off into the woods.

VIVH8mv.jpg
that is a good map.. I thought the house was south west.. thanks

I ask because he didn't drive that night. If he did have a license, then one can't rule out the possibility his parents may have revoked his car privileges at some point while he was home on break...

No, I don't, and I asked that same question earlier for the same reason you just did. If he was going out, why didn't he just drive? Although in one article, it says his parents had taken his sister to a sleepover after dinner so maybe they took the car he normally drives??

I think a lot of parents might tap that inner-resource if it were the difference between finding their child or losing them to oblivion. If BB's recovery at all relies on his parents' advocacy, I think he's one that will make it home.

Knowing the neighborhood that Univ of Penn is in it would have been smart to keep his location turned on. While Penn is a very prestigious university it is in one of the worst parts of Philadelphia.

For sure. I've been there.

But to be honest, no matter where my child went to college I'd want them to do it! Too much Websleuths? ;)

I think a lot of parents might tap that inner-resource if it were the difference between finding their child or losing them to oblivion. If BB's recovery at all relies on his parents' advocacy, I think he's one that will make it home.

Absolutely <3.

Do you think they were punishing him during his break by taking away his cell phone and driving? Do we know that he has a license? For all we know, he could have Epilepsy and not be able to drive, hence why he might need rides to places.

As far as his phone goes, well.......I can't tell you how many times my family members have dropped theirs in a sink full of water, dog's water bowl, left it on top of their car and ran it over when it fell off, etc.. So many things might have happened to his own phone, and maybe they hadn't had a chance to replace it before he went missing, hence why he borrowed a family members phone.

For sure. I've been there.

But to be honest, no matter where my child went to college I'd want them to do it! Too much Websleuths? ;)

Not at all. I'd also want them to be able to make outgoing calls too though...

any independent confirmation of the walked off into the park story? on first read, feels like a red herring to throw off searchers. ....is this park known for random hookups by folks who use apps like Grinder or Tinder or whatever app folks use for such things. if dude had an iPhone, his browser history etc should be backed up to the icloud. android, to his gmail account tied to the device. prolly figure out who he was meeting up with by reviewing his online activity

any independent confirmation of the walked off into the park story? on first read, feels like a red herring to throw off searchers. ....is this park known for random hookups by folks who use apps like Grinder or Tinder or whatever app folks use for such things. if dude had an iPhone, his browser history etc should be backed up to the icloud. android, to his gmail account tied to the device. prolly figure out who he was meeting up with by reviewing his online activity
No independent confirmation. Only as described by the last person to see him.

The topic came up before whether this park would likely be a setting for that kind of encounter, but some thought that would be unlikely, that the park thing is a bit dated.

Which made me think...someone who's NOT knowledgeable about these kinds of hook-ups may think a park would be stereotypical and perfectly beyond question. Smells a bit like herring.

I reviewed various websites that list locations that are used as hook-up locations and Borrego Park isn't listed in any of them as a known location.

if dude had an iPhone, his browser history etc should be backed up to the icloud. android, to his gmail account tied to the device. prolly figure out who he was meeting up with by reviewing his online activity

Yes, online activity has already been searched, and continually being searched, thus how the parents found out about driver friend, and BB's intention of meeting up with a third party. This has been stated in numerous media reports.

This is another reason some of us are puzzled or think the family is not being fully transparent... They surely must've found other information through the online digging, like the identity of the third party (my opinion only), but not disclosing for whatever reason.

Yes, online activity has already been searched, and continually being searched, thus how the parents found out about driver friend, and BB's intention of meeting up with a third party. This has been stated in numerous media reports.

This is another reason some of us are puzzled or think the family is not being fully transparent... They surely must've found other information through the online digging, like the identity of the third party (my opinion only), but not disclosing for whatever reason.

Is it possible that the third party can't be located or that they might be missing too? Just a thought, although, if that were the case, I'm sure we would have heard if the third party was being searched for as well, or a POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member