Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Bernstein's cellphone, which had been lent to him by a relative a week earlier, was not receiving calls, according to investigators and friends of the family."

"Before leaving home, Bernstein had been in lengthy communication with his friend using social media apps that do not leave a permanent record, authorities said. He was last seen in the park about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday."

I think the phone wasn't getting service in the wilderness. But I think it worked when he was home and he was using apps on the phone to communicate.

I don't remember who the OP was, but when the story first aired, a WS'er commented on the distance and possible time elapse. IIRC, the poster said something like, 2 hrs to get there, 1 hr to do whatever, 2 hrs back. Doing the math, it certainly fits. Circumstantial, of course.
I think that was me... it was a 2-parter...
<jmo> My intuition senses that if there was a third person, that person and the driver worked together to hide Blaze. My hunch is that the driver picked up Blaze, something happened, the driver (and the third person IF that person exists) took Blaze far away, then returned to the beginning point as an alibi. In any case, I have huge suspicions about the driver. </jmo>
I agree, Presley.

What kind of traffic is there from 11:00 pm - 4:00 am in the area where Blaze's parents live?

I think there needs to be some searches in all directions as If someone drove about 2 hours out, did something for 30 minutes, then drove 2 hours back.....

Or, he may have felt no need to even mention stepping out the door if he only intended to chat in his driveway.

Or, he may have been at a certain level of independence. The time came when I really didn't have to sneak. Once my parents went to bed, I stayed up. Late. Often. I stepped front as a matter of routine, sometimes walked to the park or the gas station to smoke, hang out with friends, buy chips, whatever. I was functioning under the assumption I wasn't gonna be gone long enough or far enough to constitute actually going "out."

It may have been a situation he felt he needed to sneak, or...it could've been a situation in which he felt 100% at liberty. Seeing the level of trust his parents exhibited in an interview, I tend to think the latter.

I have a family member living with me his same age. He goes out all the time at odd hours. So do his friends. If I were asleep he wouldn't bother to mention it to me. If I wake up and he's not here we just text to make sure he's ok. Men at this young age like to feel a sense of independence and trust. I don't find it all strange that BB left at that time and didn't mention it to anyone.

And you've shared nothing to establish that there wasn't WiFi in the other parks.
You're a real piece of work...

Both of you are great posters, and I mean that, but I think you misinterpreted her intention about the service in the park. Seeing that she is a local and has been to that park a few times, she's been sharing everything she knows and answering our questions about the area Blaze was last seen in with excellent details. Like you, she's trying hard to help find him and share everything that she knows about the area.

We need you both. Please, no more bickering. You're both too valuable here.

Both of you are great posters, and I mean that, but I think you misinterpreted her intention about the service in the park. Seeing that she is a local and has been to that park a few times, she's been sharing everything she knows and answering our questions about the area Blaze was last seen in with excellent details. Like you, she's trying hard to help find him and share everything that she knows about the area.

We need you both. Please, no more bickering. You're both too valuable here.

Thanks. I don't know what I said to get mean responses.

Thanks. I don't know what I said to get mean responses.

You didn't. I think it's just a matter of misunderstanding a post, plus it's late at night, and everyone is frustrated with the lack of information (happens a lot with LE and victim's families) which causes us to get frustrated and annoyed over small things. You both add so much to this thread and elsewhere, and I just hate to see you both arguing when you are both on the same team and both of you have great intentions.

I just read a post in the Adam Gilbertson thread suggesting people keep an eye out for articles of clothing he was wearing the night he disappeared.

Would BB's investigation already be covering trash collection in the area?

(For crying out loud, autocorrect!...Edited for: changed "her" to "he." AGAIN.)

I just read a post in the Adam Gilbertson thread suggesting people keep an eye out for articles of clothing he was wearing the night he disappeared.

Would BB's investigation already be covering trash collection in the area?

(For crying out loud, autocorrect!...Edited for: changed "her" to "he." AGAIN.)

That's a really great good point. I don't think I've heard that mentioned yet. I hope the rain doesn't start until Tues or heads another direction. I was hoping the drone search today would locate him. [emoji20]

That's a really great good point. I don't think I've heard that mentioned yet. I hope the rain doesn't start until Tues or heads another direction. I was hoping the drone search today would locate him. [emoji20]
I know landfill searches are tedious, time-consuming, and expensive, but it's amazing how they grid out sectors that correspond to areas of a city.

Reminder; responding to snarky posts is also against the rules.

Alert on snarky posts and the scroll by without commenting.

Thanks,
Tricia

The app that's being referred to here is Snapchat. You record a video message then send it, after the recipient views it the message automatically deletes and leaves no trace, so once it is deleted it is gone forever.
Is "gone forever" absolute? Or just "gone forever" for us mortals? (I'm being facetious.) I mean, can forensic technology recover that kind of thing?

The app that's being referred to here is Snapchat. You record a video message then send it, after the recipient views it the message automatically deletes and leaves no trace, so once it is deleted it is gone forever.

How do you know which app it was? Not being rude, just wondering.

the park has been searched thoroughly by now..
and do to the hinky way blaze went to the park and the hour I'm starting to think willful disappearance is possible.
Could a paramour have wisked him away?
I know it's far fetched but within the realm.
the 3rd party holds the key to this imho.

Why haven't they sent dogs out to try and track him? Or have they?

Is "gone forever" absolute? Or just "gone forever" for us mortals? (I'm being facetious.) I mean, can forensic technology recover that kind of thing?

I'm not overly familiar with the specifics of how Snapchat works so I can't really answer your question. With that said, my understanding is that it is unrecoverable. As I understand how the process works Person A generates a video message through the Snapchat app, that message is then hosted on the Snapchat server, that server sends an alert to the recipient that he or she has a pending message, that person then clicks the message and views the video message which is then deleted from the Snapchat server. Think of it like Youtube, you're watching a video that is hosted by and being streamed to you by Youtube, once you close out the Youtube window you can't rewatch the video unless you go back to Youtube and look that video up again except in this case the video actually deletes so you can't rewatch it.

How do you know which app it was? Not being rude, just wondering.

So far as I am aware Snapchat is the only app that allows you to do what is described in the article but even if they are other apps Snapchat is the one used by everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper