Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it weird that his father would say he may be hiding and that it's okay to come home. What does he know that we don't? Especially after the interview with his dad about all of his son's accomplishments and how proud he is of him.

I think he knows WHY Blaze went to the park that night. And that's why he thinks he may be hiding and why he says it's okay to come home. This could be Blaze's coming out party.

I just hope Blaze wasn't lured there by one of hose apps for ill intent. That happens a lot more than we would like to believe. IMO

BBM

Huh? His coming out party was in a dark park at 11pm with one other person?
I think the poster meant, Blaze's safe return may be a form of coming out. I don't think the poster was referencing a literal "party." I took it to be metaphor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think he doesn't want to be found. He may be living an alternative lifestyle and the thought of going back to school to live a life he's not truly happy with, overwhelmed him and he left. The parents know more than they're leading on, as to not have judgement towards BB or their family and to protect their son's dignity. The complete truth and transparency could cause people to care less about finding him. All very understandable and respectable to not want to fully disclose certain matters.

I do find it weird that his father would say he may be hiding and that it's okay to come home. What does he know that we don't? Especially after the interview with his dad about all of his son's accomplishments and how proud he is of him.

I think he knows WHY Blaze went to the park that night. And that's why he thinks he may be hiding and why he says it's okay to come home. This could be Blaze's coming out party.

I just hope Blaze wasn't lured there by one of hose apps for ill intent. That happens a lot more than we would like to believe. IMO

bbm You might be right. I noticed his father had his hands in his pockets at the pc (see tweet and picture below), usually interpreted as holding back, not telling all.

https://twitter.com/VikkiNBCLA/status/949429286859038720

I hope they find him soon our biggest rainstorm of the season starts Monday bringing in cold weather and lots of rain. I hope he didn't hang himself or get attacked by one of the big mountain lions that live there. Prayers his found safe today. [emoji1317]

The never ending changes in the facts in cases we work, thanks to the media. So I guess now we have to throw that information out of our brains and out of our posts.

So true.. I trust Greta van susterin's reporting and that's about it

Its not uncommon for LE to encourage family of missing persons to say things like its ok to come home or we just want you home - it covers all bases and if the person has voluntarily disappeared its just a way of letting them know their family cares. Doesn't necessarily mean they think they voluntarily disappeared.

If Blaze was upset as reported in some articles it surprises me that his friend left - IMO he either hid that he was upset from the friend driving or he wasn't particularly upset. It would make more sense if the friend left and got help if he was concerned but he didn't.

BBM

Huh? His coming out party was in a dark park at 11pm with one other person?

What I meant was, if this was a gay hook up, and all this happened to him, it was his "coming out" to everyone who may not have known he was gay, if he was, including his parents.

Something else I noticed is that the official missing poster states he was last seen walking away at 11pm. The timeline released from the family states they got to the park at 10:30pm. They were at the park for a good 30 minutes before BB walked off. Would like to know what they were doing or talking about in that 30 minutes.

I believe the last person that saw him was the friend who drove Blaze to the park...

and the friend saw him walking away into the park...

and Blaze has not been officially seen since...

:thinking:

Before leaving home, Bernstein had been in lengthy communication with his friend using social media apps that do not leave a permanent record

Bernstein was last seen late Tuesday at Borrego Park near Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park, where he had gone to meet a friend.

“The friend told investigators that he went to the restroom, and when he came out Blaze had walked off. We do not believe foul play was involved at this point, and the friend is only a witness, not a suspect or person of concern.”

“We have a search-and-rescue team of 25 deputies and canine units fanning out across the area today in search of clues."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oc-missing-student-20180106-story.html

Per article above...

I wonder which friend Blaze was in lengthy communication with...
the friend that drove him? (Friend 1)...

Or the friend he was supposed to meet...(Friend 2)....

additionally...

It is reported Blaze was using a cell phone lent to him by a relative...

I wonder why he did not have a ... Or have his... Cell phone of his own?

:thinking:

They drove to Borrego Park together, where they were going to meet up with another friend. While the first friend waited near a restroom, Bernstein walked toward the park to meet the other friend.

^BBM^ The articles state that the person he was meeting with was a friend, which makes it sound like it was someone he knew. I hope the friend who drove Blaze is being completely honest. I can see how a young friend may hold back potentially embarrassing info. However, if he's saying they were meeting a friend.. that implies it wasn't a hookup or a drug deal. This is all so mysterious. Also, if it was a suicide, why have his friend drive him? He could have easily walked.

MISSING PIECES:

Who is the friend he was meeting?
Was is actually a known friend?
What did the text he sent at 11:30 say?
Did the driver friend know the person he was meeting with?
Why have they not released info on what the driver friend knows (as far as why he was at the park that late) Certainly, BB would have said "Hey, drive me to the park because I want to meet ______ for ________" If not, why was he being so secretive with a HS friend? That is also a red flag.

Based on his Spotify account, I suspect that Blaze is gay (he has a playlist called Party But Gay filled with Lady Gaga and Beyonce and a lot of Abba and Ariana Grande in his other playlists). I am not sure if this information is relevant, but it might be.

Also a playlist called PAIN that has a lot of Corey Feldman songs.. :thinking:

https://open.spotify.com/user/blazingbernstein/playlist/3BstyDrbO7DETdLlhKl9lN

As well as the song "Behind Blue Eyes"..

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
And no one knows what it's like
To be hated
To be fated
To telling only lies

More lyrics: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/limpbizkit/behindblueeyes.html

I know at that age kids put a LOT of meaning into songs and playlists. It's like the soundtrack to their lives.

Heh heh...He's got a great sense of humor. Judging by the playlist description he wrote, I don't think he meant emotional or psychological torment -- I think he meant these songs are so atrocious, they actually cause him "pain." [emoji38] JMO, of course.

Ah, ok - I didn't see a description, just the title. Hope you're right and it's just him being jokey and fun. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this.. I tend to do that. :doh:

Did the person that Blaze was supposed to meet have a car in the lot that the driver friend and Blaze saw? Or did Blaze just go into the park, not knowing if the person he was to meet would show?
If no car, did the meet-up person walk to the park?
Were they already there, and Blaze knew that?

Ah, ok - I didn't see a description, just the title. Hope you're right and it's just him being jokey and fun. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this.. I tend to do that. :doh:
I think it's all part of why we're here...to pour all our racing thoughts into a community cup, in hopes of discovering something good in the midst of so many things that are very bad. [emoji813]️

Did the person that Blaze was supposed to meet have a car in the lot that the driver friend and Blaze saw? Or did Blaze just go into the park, not knowing if the person he was to meet would show?
If no car, did the meet-up person walk to the park?
Were they already there, and Blaze knew that?
This crossed my mind, too. I think another vehicle -- or the absence thereof -- would've been the first thing both of them noticed. And since there's been no mention either way, I'm guessing LE is keeping this info confidential.

Sure wish we knew though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members