Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in a typical quiet suburban area. The sheriff's department is close by so it is not uncommon to see patrol vehicles in the surrounding area. We also have a school within the neighborhood, so parents really like to have a patrol vehicle during drop offs/pick ups to monitor the crazy drivers. It looked like people were home for the most part throughout the holidays but it was relatively quiet and subdued. Nothing out of the ordinary. I didn't see any patrol vehicles driving our streets. I usually see them on the toll, near the school or on major cross streets (Bake/Portola).
Thank you. I was wondering because routine police presence often is a deterrent in and of itself. But, this driver friend may not be from the area anyway, even though he claims to be a high school buddy.

Since you're from the area, are there any cameras/buildings with cameras close to these places: 1. Upper Oso Reservoir area 2. the road that goes up to Irvine lake (El Toro road)? Did you see any searching activity in those areas, or is it concentrated on the park and the valley only?

I am not sure if they have been searching in the two locations you mentioned but could be a possibility.

All the "search" related activities that I saw were focused on Borrego Park and Whiting Ranch.

Since you're from the area, are there any cameras/buildings with cameras close to these places: 1. Upper Oso Reservoir area 2. the road that goes up to Irvine lake (El Toro road)? Did you see any searching activity in those areas, or is it concentrated on the park and the valley only?

I am from the area as well. There are buildings that sit along the toll road but not sure if these companies have cameras. I would think so. The search was mostly Whiting Ranch Wilderness, but the private drone search could've covered other areas.

I am from the area as well. There are buildings that sit along the toll road but not sure if these companies have cameras. I would think so. The search was mostly Whiting Ranch Wilderness, but the private drone search could've covered other areas.
From just looking at the default Google map of the area and taking note of the offices, businesses, and corporations in the area, I assume there are cameras EVERYWHERE.

Hi! So glad I found this forum. I've posted this in a FB group, so I'll post it here too, to try to sum up what can be known based on information released to the public + my personal theory.
There are a few things which just doesn't make sense:
1. A friend not knowing the address. I've read that this friend was a high school friend of his, which means they probably hung out, spent time together, so it's kinda odd that he had to text his address.
2. Friend picks him up, they go to the park where I've read two different stories about what happened:
- they arrived at the park and Blaze went into the park towards the wilderness area, while his friend was watching him
- they arrived at the park and at one point his friend went to use the park's restroom. When the friend gets back to the car, Blaze disappears
3. In both cases mentioned above, the friend waits for him in the car. Friend tries to text him, but no answer from Blaze.
4. Friend leaves and returns at around 4 AM (5 hours later) to see if Blaze is still there.
Additional information: location of his phone goes off at around 11:30 PM and then after that his phone battery dies or his phone is turned off or destroyed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My personal theory: friend holds the key. Blaze, based on this writings, is a very smart, well educated guy. I'm sure he knew is not a good idea to meet up with someone in a dark place, in the wild in the middle of the night, unless he trusted that person. Even then, there are a LOT of illuminated parking lots around: shopping centers, library, McDonald's, gas station, so why would he go in the wilderness to meet someone? It just doesn't fit his cultural profile. Did he have something to hide? He seems to come from a very loving and understanding family. His dad seems very open-minded. He had a great life ahead of him, new apartment, great school and so on. He was anti-drugs and anti-alcohol, he didn't seem to be a party animal like most of the teens at his age. So, this meeting up at the park in the middle of night just seems too odd from someone like him, unless he was lured/baited there with some reason. The behavior of the friend is questionable. Maybe my definition of friendship is different, but if I see my friend missing without a sign, I call the police or his parents. It wasn't like he went into a restaurant, he went into a dark park in the middle of the night, even his phone went off. His friend didn't even bother to find out if he got home safe the next day, which just adds to the questionable behavior of the friend. I think they were not at the park. Search dogs didn't find anything at the park. As far as I know, the police, rescue teams didn't find any evidence of him being at the park. No clothes, no shoes, no nothing. My theory is that the friend who says the park story knows what happened to Blaze.

I've questioned several times as to whether or not they were at the park. I also read where they said the dogs didn't find anything, and no evidence was found. I believe they worded the search as "inconclusive".

I've been thinking, could it be possible that someone was threatening harm to one of his family members, and they told him if he didn't come out to the park to resolve it, something would happen to them?

I agree with folks here who said he's too smart to go there at that time of night where animals are roaming looking for a snack. Especially since he lives there- he would know by stories from neighbors or ever experiences, that it would be dangerous at night. We live in the country, and believe me, we don't walk late at night with all the animals that are our wandering at that time.

Great post and thanks for your input.

The investigation may not need additional local footage if they've already tracked a very direct route. It's possible there wasn't a lot of driving around town. In and out. Maybe the route is something they established super-early in the case.

Iirc, he had been borrowing someone else’s phone for a week or so. The way I interpret it, when msm or family say the last text was sent from his phone, they mean the loaner.

ETA: I’m trying to find the msm source(s) about whether or not he was really using a borrowed phone; maybe it’s a hypothetical just shared in this thread?

EETA: found the msm story link! https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...ln-oc-missing-student-20180106-story,amp.html

“Bernstein’s cellphone, which had been lent to him by a relative a week earlier, was not receiving calls, according to investigators and friends of the family.”

Just a thought...

perhaps Blaze's phone had the app showing where he is..(to his parents)...

So he sought a sympathetic relative to borrow a phone WITHOUT that app...

so he could be more "free"... To go as he pleases?

:thinking:

Just a thought...

perhaps Blaze's phone had the app showing where he is..(to his parents)...

So he sought a sympathetic relative to borrow a phone WITHOUT that app...

so he could be more "free"... To go as he pleases?

:thinking:

According to some articles his phone's GPS locator was turned on, but after some time it got turned off while his phone was still on. Allegedly a text was sent from his phone at around 11:30 PM (if I remember correctly), that was his phone's last activity then it went off.

I've questioned several times as to whether or not they were at the park. I also read where they said the dogs didn't find anything, and no evidence was found. I believe they worded the search as "inconclusive".

I've been thinking, could it be possible that someone was threatening harm to one of his family members, and they told him if he didn't come out to the park to resolve it, something would happen to them?

If that was the case, I'm pretty sure he would've announced his family and police instead of leaving the safety of his home.

According to some articles his phone's GPS locator was turned on, but after some time it got turned off while his phone was still on. Allegedly a text was sent from his phone at around 11:30 PM (if I remember correctly), that was his phone's last activity then it went off.

Probably the driver aka friend that's the message his folks thought was strange and thought foul play.

Does anyone know how to verify whether a student has been on a leave of absence from school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234