Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was planning to run away, presumably with the help of the third mysterious friend, why involve the driver friend anyway ? It was a 5 minute walk from his home to the park.

I believe the hookup was probably with friend #1, and friend #2 does not exist, which explains why friend #1 picked BB up. Also, the park is 1.1 miles away from the family home. That is much longer than a 5 minute walk, even if he were to run it, it would take longer than 5 minutes. I generally hike between a 15 and 18 minute pace. So, it would take me just under 20 minutes to make that distance.

i don’t think it’s been disclosed as of yet, but if she is the one that has been mentioned from Penn, I’m speculating he could have texted her stating he wasn’t going to be part of the publication team, culinary related isn’t it? My apologies for not remembering or having ready access to that specific information. But I do remember it being said the female friend was also a student at Penn . I thought I read that here, but now I’m not sure. :thinking:

No, that has not been confirmed so it is just speculation.. Also, we cannot bring rumors from Facebook over to WS. We need to go on MSM or what LE have publicly stated.

The driver that picked up Blaze is responsible for his disappearance I believe. Where he knew him from we don't really know. I also think that was Blazes hook up for the night. Perhaps they went to the park public bathroom for their hookup. (George Michael did it on several occasions not so unusual). I don't see Blaze going into the woods for a hook up. Someone went wrong. That is even if this "friend" took him to the park. As far as the friend saying he texted Blaze and LE could check if he was lying or not. The friend could have purposely texted Blaze after something happened to cover up for himself, like he was concerned he went into the woods which I don't believe for one second. The text at 11:30 that Blaze supposedly sent to a female friend, the "driver could have texted her from Blazes phone and then disposed of that phone to save himself or take suspicion away from himself. It doesn't matter what the parents are saying they could be told by LE to muddy the waters, so if driver friend is under suspect, he will assume they are not on to him even though they have.

Her names escapes me, however the pregnant girl missing and found murdered in MD by her boyfriend..... Her parents in conjunction with LE however difficult it was did a news conference purposely to see what the boyfriend would say when they knew he was responsible. Her mother even held arms with him. Her body was found shortly after and he was arrested.

I believe the hookup was probably with friend #1, and friend #2 does not exist, which explains why friend #1 picked BB up. Also, the park is 1.1 miles away from the family home. That is much longer than a 5 minute walk, even if he were to run it, it would take longer than 5 minutes. I generally hike between a 15 and 18 minute pace. So, it would take me just under 20 minutes to make that distance.

Okay, at what location do you think something went down? Right now, I am leaning towards something happening, but not at the park, somewhere else, and the whole park story as a ruse.

I’d like to know more about his personality. Not hobbies / interests but his personality.

Is he goofy like a class clown? Is he witty? Happy go lucky? Carefree? Intense about things and calm about others? Opinionated? Timid? Adventurous? Outgoing? Rule follower or pushing the boundaries? Confrontational? Sensitive?

I️t’s been said that he was very bright/ smart. Is that book smart, street smart, or both?

His SM posts and other things give me an impression that he’s naive ... I️ could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe sheltered, now spreading his wings to fly? I think you may be right, though we can only speculate. And I haven’t seen his FB, is it still up? But I’m not on FB anyway so it would have to be public. That’s ok. Still, he looks so young and boyish, which unfortunately also makes him a target for predators. Very scary, dangerous ones. :(

Whew! Life got in the way today. I've been reading all your thought provoking posts off and on for hours.

Welcome to all our new posters.

I had a friend whose sons went to OCSA schools and the students came from far and wide. They were from all over Orange County. So I can see where the fellow student wouldn't know where he lived or why his parents did not know the student.

Okay, at what location do you think something went down? Right now, I am leaning towards something happening, but not at the park, somewhere else, and the whole park story as a ruse.
I think the location was inside the vehicle. Park? reservoir? another city? Who knows. I think BB got in and (I'm sorry) didn't get out alive.

But I believe the location to be somewhere within a radius the driver could reach and return before "4 am" [Read: or when the driver was first seen the next day].

Isn't Blaze in Philadelphia? This is about Pennsylvania.

Yes. He was a student at the University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League school in Philadelphia.

Penn State is located in another part of Pennsylvania.

And the mayhem it creates here at WS. [emoji6] -- Only half-joking.
Quite frankly I think we were on to something lol btw 5'8" 5'11" is the least of it, his parents could have used his last known recorded height on his license when he was 16. Or just been off a couple inches.

Hi all, this is my first post here, so apologies in advance if I say or do anything wrong :)

I found out about this site because I became fascinated with this story of Blaze due to the fact that I live just 10 minutes away from Foothill Ranch and visit the area frequently, as well as because of the mysterious nature of his disappearance. I swear when I think about it, all this reminds me of an episode of "Without a Trace". As a result I have become quite fascinated with it.

In any case, I've been reading this and the other, closed, thread for the past 90 minutes, and while I'm not sure how much it will add to the discussion, I thought I'd try to summarize the theories and facts as I understand and analyze them. I'm curious as to what others think at this point.

First, it seems these are the possible/likely scenarios:

1) He was abducted as a result of an ill-fated meeting and is either being held for some reason or was killed

2) He disappeared of his own volition for reasons only known to him (and perhaps a close friend)

3) He committed suicide

4) He fell into a ravine or something of this nature in the wilderness

I discount #4 right off the bat as highly unlikely due to the extensive searching that has already taken place both by OCSD as well as the drones within the past few days. The fact that OCSD has called off the search lends credence to the contention that he is not in that wilderness area, either alive or dead

#3 - suicide - I think is definitely possible for reasons already stated, but not very likely, primarily because if he had committed suicide, in my opinion his body would have been found during the extensive search

So I tend to think it's #1 or #2 and there is plenty of circumstantial evidence to support both at this time.

As for abduction or foul play of some kind, it seems from the anecdotes of friends and his Grindr(sp?) account that he was likely gay, which would support the theory that perhaps he was trying to meet someone in the park for an encounter and something went wrong. This could have ended with an abduction and/or a murder. If a murder it would likely have taken place at another location as once again it seems nothing has been found in the wilderness search

I think it's equally likely that he may have disappeared of his own volition. Many of the comments I've read suggest that he may have had some trouble with school. It's clear he had a passion for writing and cooking and other artistic talents. Perhaps he was under a lot of pressure at school and/or his scientific major was more to please his parents than himself, and he finally decided he needed to chart his own path. The movie "Dead Poets Society" comes to mind with, of course, a different outcome. Of course, this is the explanation I assume most of us are hoping for.

This all being said, there are still more questions than answers. As others have mentioned, the behavior of the driver is highly suspect for several reasons. a) The whole 11:30 and 4:00 AM thing. b) Not warning the parents first thing in the morning that something was wrong. c) Seemingly contradictory statements to media outlets (although IMHO the media are generally incompetent and so I take everything they write with a large grain of salt. In that regard, finding this website has been quite a breath of fresh air!)

From my perspective, the driver's behavior could easily support either #1 or #2 - he could be covering up and or involved in foul play, or just as easily be covering for Blaze in his desire to make a clean break from his family.

Then there's the case of his other friend, the female, who he was texting. Perhaps she's the key to this. If so, I'd conclude this supports theory #2.

I also agree that LE probably knows a lot more that what we're reading, which is precisely as it should be IMHO.

Anyway, that's my condensed version. I hope we clear up the remaining questions in the coming days and it is a positive outcome, not the negative one most are probably assuming at this point.

Thank you for joining us... What an excellent and well thought out post , strlfninca! Many of the same thoughts I’ve had as well. And welcome to Websleuths! :welcome:

The driver that picked up Blaze is responsible for his disappearance I believe. Where he knew him from we don't really know. I also think that was Blazes hook up for the night. Perhaps they went to the park public bathroom for their hookup. (George Michael did it on several occasions not so unusual). I don't see Blaze going into the woods for a hook up. Someone went wrong. That is even if this "friend" took him to the park. As far as the friend saying he texted Blaze and LE could check if he was lying or not. The friend could have purposely texted Blaze after something happened to cover up for himself, like he was concerned he went into the woods which I don't believe for one second. The text at 11:30 that Blaze supposedly sent to a female friend, the "driver could have texted her from Blazes phone and then disposed of that phone to save himself or take suspicion away from himself. It doesn't matter what the parents are saying they could be told by LE to muddy the waters, so if driver friend is under suspect, he will assume they are not on to him even though they have.

Her names escapes me, however the pregnant girl missing and found murdered in MD by her boyfriend..... Her parents in conjunction with LE however difficult it was did a news conference purposely to see what the boyfriend would say when they knew he was responsible. Her mother even held arms with him. Her body was found shortly after and he was arrested.

Lauren Wallen... ❤️[emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just some thoughts.... Maybe the driver friend was someone Blaze has had a crush on since high school, and b/c of being back in town for the holidays they re-connected. Maybe Blaze set up for them to meet and Blaze tried to make his moves on his friend but it was soon clear that this friend was not interested and was not gay. Maybe the friend became enraged, an argument ensued, and then something bad happened. I don't know, I'm just putting forth another possible scenario. I just wish we had more information!

Isn't Blaze in Philadelphia? This is about Pennsylvania.
yes, at his, there were three recent deaths. He wrote about diversity, and lack there of. Sorry, should hv posted it in a thread!

Random thoughts/questions:

1. If you have your contacts backed up to iCloud, all you have to do is sign in with your Apple ID and all your contacts are now on the phone.

2. Do we know why he was borrowing a phone in the first place? Surely he has his own phone right?

3. I’m inclined to believe that he never got out of the car in the park hence no dog scent.

4. If a guy has to “use the restroom” in the dark at a park with nobody else around, do they really walk to the restroom or would they drop their pants and go right there? Unless [emoji90], of course.

5. If friend was dropping him off, why the story of “I used the restroom and came back and he was gone”? Why not just say I dropped him off at the park to meet someone?

6. It seems slightly odd that he would contact a friend to take him to the park to meet someone for a romp. I’m sure this person didn’t live down the block. So to make a friend drive 15-20mins to pick him up and drop him off 1 mile from his house??? I can walk a 12 minute mile easily.

7. Most likely scenario for me is that the person he met with for the ride was really a meeting for a romp.

Quick question- did they ever find the phone that Blaze was using that night?

Random thoughts/questions:

1. If you have your contacts backed up to iCloud, all you have to do is sign in with your Apple ID and all your contacts are now on the phone.

2. Do we know why he was borrowing a phone in the first place? Surely he has his own phone right?

3. I’m inclined to believe that he never got out of the car in the park hence no dog scent.

4. If a guy has to “use the restroom” in the dark at a park with nobody else around, do they really walk to the restroom or would they drop their pants and go right there? Unless [emoji90], of course.

5. If friend was dropping him off, why the story of “I used the restroom and came back and he was gone”? Why not just say I dropped him off at the park to meet someone?

6. It seems slightly odd that he would contact a friend to take him to the park to meet someone for a romp. I’m sure this person didn’t live down the block. So to make a friend drive 15-20mins to pick him up and drop him off 1 mile from his house??? I can walk a 12 minute mile easily.

7. Most likely scenario for me is that the person he met with for the ride was really a meeting for a romp.

Many good points. As for #2, he is a rich kid, so why is he borrowing a phone? I am sure he probably has the latest and greatest phone. Who borrows phones? Drug dealers maybe (he is not that), someone who had their phone taken away, someone possibly wanting privacy that they cannot get on their normal phone......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it