Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your questions and descriptions here gave me a visual:

In the time UP TO walking out of the house, BB's communications and actions were directed toward the driver, in particular.

AFTER that point in time, maybe even starting as early as BB's driveway -- we just don't know -- BB's communications and actions were directed away from the driver, in particular.

Why, how, & exactly when, we don't know. But thinking of it in terms of flow...there was a 180° change-of-direction that happened, and it happened when BB and the driver crossed physical paths.

Edited to add: I think if you throw out everything we've been told (2nd friend, park, bathroom) but keep the confirmed facts, this visual is significant.

A clash.

bbm Very good point. If this was a 'Help me' message it would have made much more sense to text or call the friend who is waiting in his car close by.

I think the text at 11:30 was for location purposes:

1. BB wanted his location known because he thought he was in danger

2. The bad person wanted it to be known that BB was at that location at that time and then BB was moved to another location

BB probably never left the car. no scent, the only slip up with the person's story

I think it's important to note that we have not seen any confirmed indication of the gender of the drop off friend.

Even the parents have not specifically used he or she. If I am not mistaken, direct quotes list the father saying "this person," "buddy." Even media are reporting it as "friend." I think our brains assume that "high school buddy" means male because BB is male and "buddy" could imply the same, but I also think it's important not to address by a specific gender because we just simply don't know.

In thread 1 there were several posts with quoted msm passages where the parents and/or lawyer family friend had said "he".

Thoughts about high school "buddy": BB and (more than likely) his close friends, no longer live in their hometown. Maybe he was bored, wanted to blow off some steam, and just reached out to a familiar face from school. Maybe this friend was still local and familiar with the current scene for their age group. It's so easy to keep up with classmates now, via social media. Seems reasonable to me for him to ask a friend for a ride that time of night, just to get out of the house. I'm sure he's used to going out late at night in PA, but might not be familiar with the local scene.
JMO MOO etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't know if this theory has been explored but what if BB's "Buddy" was a crush of sorts? There may have been a miscommunication as to sexual orientation which caused BB to run off potentially embarrassed? He may be hiding or foul play ensued following? That might explain parents continuing to speak out publicly for BB to come home regardless of who has spoken with or what he has done?

I don't just see a redirection of flow. If I disregard the "2nd friend" and think only of the confirmed elements...

SM messages were flowing toward the driver up to the point of meeting. BB's movement was directed towards the driver up to the point of meeting.

The meeting.

After that, GPS turned off (disruption of flow), driver messages get no response, BB's text AWAY from driver. Significantly, directed toward a safe person.

So far I don’t think the person who drove him to park is a factor other than doing a favor. Maybe LE is hiding the fact that he is suspected but I am not feeling it.

Uber and Lyft are tied to a credit card-if Blaze had a credit card that his parents supplied (more than likely), they can see the expenditure. Maybe he didn't want that.

also if he had a borrowed phone he would have had to download the app on the relatives phone and resign in and all. The conversations he had with the friend/driver were found on a computer, the parents said, after they became concerned is when they looked for messages on his computer. I’m under the impression he had a borrowed phone but maybe an iPad or computer of some sort at home?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...ln-oc-missing-student-20180106-story,amp.html

He had lengthy social media conversations. I don’t think that they would be from the borrow phone?

In thread 1 there were several posts with quoted msm passages where the parents and/or lawyer family friend had said "he".

My apologies Elainera. I haven't seen that and have been following closely. I didn't see a confirm in MSM or parent's quotes. I will go back and scour parent's interviews.

My theory:

Blaze and “hs friend” talked on snapchat extensively. They arranged to meet up and possibly hook up. They went to the park and something happened in the bathroom that made Blaze uncomfortable and run off. “Hs friend” waited in car to see if Blaze came back while he continued to text him trying to convince him to come back. Blaze didn’t return so the friend left. Blaze texted his best friend telling them what happened and that was the last text he sent before his phone died. He could have been too embarrassed and shooken up to return home.

Also, the hs friend for all we know gave 1 story to the police and has stuck with that 1 story and the media is just reporting hearsay which is why there are different stories of what the friend supposedly said happened.

Another thing- Just because they used the term hs friend doesn’t mean they were friends in high school. I have friends that I refer to as hs friends that I didn’t actually become friends will until we were out of hs but because we attended the same one I now refer to them as hs friends. It could have been someone he knew of in high school but didn’t befriend until Snapchat after highschool. The possibilities are endless.

This is exactly what I believe occurred as well. This scenario would also explain why the friend is being secretive, and mentioned a 3rd friend, because he did not want to uncover the hookup. So sad, if this is the case, it doesn't have to be like this. Nothing is too embarrassing or too terrible that you cannot return to a loving family. Assuming BB hasn't harmed himself, he's now gotten to a point that he can't figure out how to return. :(

Wouldn't a PC be nice so we could finally get info directly from LE? I would think at a week in with ALL the speculation, it would be time. I've seen them held in so many other cases...why not this one? Even if they think no crime has been committed.
When was the last one?

I have not been a teenager for ages -40 next month- so maybe it's just ignorance but I have been curious since the beginning of this case, is this app to send messages which leaves no permanent record a thing that everybody uses these days? or a teenage thing?
Yes, SnapChat is used by the youth nowadays. My oldest son, who is a freshman in college uses SnapChat as his main way to communicate with friends.

We know he left his wallet but we don't know if he has been stashing cash, has his passport, birth certificate or he could have possibly ordered a duplicate ID.

It has already been established that he is a smart cookie. I think a lot of these things could have been taken care of beforehand if he planned it. His parents only initially spoke about what he left but they have not updated publicly what else was left and missing.

I’ve been thinking along the same lines. There has been no mention of his passport from everything that I’ve read thus far. It’s roughly 100 miles from the park to Tijuana. That’s about a two hour drive with moderate traffic. He could easily have met someone who then took him to Mexico. He clearly loves to travel and it wouldn’t be the first time here on WS we’ve seen a young man flee to Mexico when life felt too hard or out of control. Thinking of the Eric Kohler case. It’s certainly an option.

ETA: Additionally, I suspect the text to the friend at college that was so concerning said that he wasn’t coming back.

MOO.

and the last text to the lady friend..what was that about.
That text sparked concern iirc

i don’t think it’s been disclosed as of yet, but if she is the one that has been mentioned from Penn, I’m speculating he could have texted her stating he wasn’t going to be part of the publication team, culinary related isn’t it? My apologies for not remembering or having ready access to that specific information. But I do remember it being said the female friend was also a student at Penn . I thought I read that here, but now I’m not sure. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3