Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reporter said that it could be that LE knows that Blaze knew his killer & that's the reason for them to say the public is not in danger.

what reporter in which paper? Haven’t seen or heard that. Thanks.

When some of you go to his vigil tonight at the park please let us know if it's dark where he was found or lit up. TIA

I’m an Irvine resident, first post here. I just drove by the park. It’s very odd to me that there are kids playing, parents with strollers, 20 cars coming and going from the parking lot probably coming to look and 5 news vans with antennas extended. Just seems like it’s any Wednesday at the park for most people. I just find it odd that parents are taking their young kids to what is most likely a murder scene and just letting them run and play. News of the body just broke today and you immediately take your kids to play there? Just odd to see that much activity there when nobody really know what happened yet or if people involved are no longer a threat to the neighborhood

My son lives in Irvine. He graduated UCI anyway I agree with you he or some of my family members refuse to watch the news so maybe that don't know about it?

I’m an Irvine resident, first post here. I just drove by the park. It’s very odd to me that there are kids playing, parents with strollers, 20 cars coming and going from the parking lot probably coming to look and 5 news vans with antennas extended. Just seems like it’s any Wednesday at the park for most people. I just find it odd that parents are taking their young kids to what is most likely a murder scene and just letting them run and play. News of the body just broke today and you immediately take your kids to play there? Just odd to see that much activity there when nobody really know what happened yet or if people involved are no longer a threat to the neighborhood

Hi caguy thanks for joining us and reporting what you see! Welcome!

Is there police presence still anywhere?

I gotta say...that gave me the creeps too.
You'd think out of respect they would close the park for a day or two.

I just checked Newport Beach Police Dept. website under calls for service. I didn’t find anything re: search warrant.

www.nbpd.org.

I haven't posted yet because I wanted to catch up in the posts.

I am absolutely heartsick at this development. Few cases, when resolved, literally cause a heaviness in my heart and makes it feel like a stone in my stomach. (snipped for space)

I wouldn't normally do something like this but I'd like to ask you, my fellow sleuthers, to watch these two videos, listen to them and while doing so, keep Blaze and his family in your hearts. These are two Jewish prayers. The first is called the Mourners Kaddish, said when someone dies. The second is the Mi Shebeirach, a prayer for healing for those who are hurt. Lets pray like Blaze and his family, lets join our hearts with them and with Blaze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04PXWfOu2A0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItOafgwEmj8

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and posting the prayers. They are absolutely beautiful. I'm not part of any kind of organized religion, but I do strongly believe in the power of prayer. Listening and concentrating on Blaze and his family I could feel the positive energy flowing into the universe. Truly amazing.

When I pulled into the neighborhood before getting to the park itself I saw one all black crown Victoria driving down the street, not a regular local cop car. Nothing else though

Replying to your police presence question. Sorry haven’t quite mastered this forum yet

attachment.php

The line in red follows a very well-travelled ramp from the shops and Whiting Ranch parking lot to the top of the crest where Borego Park meets the elementary school. I used to walk both my kids up that ramp to school, after first parking at the lot below. There is no fence - easy access.

Attachments

• map5.jpg
    map5.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 470
Hey Locals,
If someone were to get arrested for this crime, what jail would they be taken to?

I’m in Irvine too here. And honestly as much as I find that so odd and almost inconsiderate (if that is the right word?). I’m really not surprised. O.C. is a different kind of place, and I’ve lived all over the country. I’ve said it before on here, that I’m still shocked over how the “assumed” crime scene was left in the YouTube video that was shared a couple pages back.

It's a pedestrian ramp from the Whiting Ranch parking lot, where it's possible the getaway car was parked.

So engineering types... where does that drainage pipe drain from?

Maybe that is our site.

It seems and perhaps SoCalRes can confirm this, that there is a concrete retaining wall on the opposite side of the path and downhill from the from the drain on the shopping center side. This is presuming the path is on the hill above the shopping center. In that case this drain would not necessarily drain "to" somewhere but is installed to wick water away quickly from the dirt above and that is being retained by the retaining wall below it. This type of drainage is called a vertical or wick drainage system. It basically wicks away or evenly dispurses water in a location where soil is retained to more evenly distribute weight, so it's not necessarily like a big conventional sewer drain.

Not being there to confirm the landscape I'm just making an informed guess as a building professional. If this is the case this is an older build because that is one funky looking vertical drain (which should imo be secured immediately - huge liability issue). I notice in the exceptional videos, thank you SoCalRes that there appears to be a similar drain just several feet from this one which is partially obscured, am I seeing this right, it's under the curvey little tree.

It seems and perhaps SoCalRes can confirm this, that there is a concrete retaining wall on the opposite side of the path and downhill from the from the drain on the shopping center side. This is presuming the path is on the hill above the shopping center. In that case this drain would not necessarily drain "to" somewhere but is installed to wick water away quickly from the dirt above and that is being retained by the retaining wall below it. This type of drainage is called a vertical or wick drainage system. It basically wicks away or evenly dispurses water in a location where soil is retained to more evenly distribute weight, so it's not necessarily like a big conventional sewer drain.

Not being there to confirm the landscape I'm just making an informed guess as a building professional. If this is the case this is an older build because that is one funky looking vertical drain (which should imo be secured immediately - huge liability issue). I notice in the exceptional videos, thank you SoCalRes that there appears to be a similar drain just several feet from this one which is partially obscured, am I seeing this right, it's under the curvey little tree.

Excellent info. Thanks, prue. I'll take another look at the video.

I think that the most interesting bit of that Tumblr post Blaze made 2 years ago is the indication that he'd had a recent difficult breakup--this would have meant that he was dating in high school. Could the friend he met up with at the park have actually been an ex boyfriend, unbeknownst to his parents as Blaze was closeted in high school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it