Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in Irvine too here. And honestly as much as I find that so odd and almost inconsiderate (if that is the right word?). I’m really not surprised. O.C. is a different kind of place, and I’ve lived all over the country. I’ve said it before on here, that I’m still shocked over how the “assumed” crime scene was left in the YouTube video that was shared a couple pages back.

I guess it means they got all of any evidence needed from the area since his discovery. I just feel like other tragic events like car accidents or fires, other injuries or deaths they keep the public well away for a while. Less than 24 hours from when he was found and people are able to walk all over the park. Maybe that’s normal?

I'm wondering if a possible sexual advance led to homicide either in a car near the park or in the park itself.

It seems and perhaps SoCalRes can confirm this, that there is a concrete retaining wall on the opposite side of the path and downhill from the from the drain on the shopping center side. This is presuming the path is on the hill above the shopping center. In that case this drain would not necessarily drain "to" somewhere but is installed to wick water away quickly from the dirt above and that is being retained by the retaining wall below it. This type of drainage is called a vertical or wick drainage system. It basically wicks away or evenly dispurses water in a location where soil is retained to more evenly distribute weight, so it's not necessarily like a big conventional sewer drain.

Not being there to confirm the landscape I'm just making an informed guess as a building professional. If this is the case this is an older build because that is one funky looking vertical drain (which should imo be secured immediately - huge liability issue). I notice in the exceptional videos, thank you SoCalRes that there appears to be a similar drain just several feet from this one which is partially obscured, am I seeing this right, it's under the curvey little tree.
I took a look and couldn't distinguish anything that appeared to be a drain—but then, I'm viewing this on my phone: tiny screen, bad eyes.

Someone posted a photo of kcal9 reporter Michelle Gile standing at the spot he was found.

Mods am I allowed to post it?

Depends on who that "someone" is. If it's from a private individual's social media account, the answer is No. If it is from an MSM source, then it is Yes.

I am so devastated by the news he has been found deceased. RIP Blaze.

If he was in the pipe it could be possible that it was covered with dirt and law enforcement had no idea it was even there until the rain washed the dirt off. I feel like if it was visible it would have been checked because I am sure LE is familiar with cases where children fall into open pipes like this in parks. A visible pipe/drain would be an obvious place to look imo. I just wish none of this happened, I am so sad for his family and what his life could have been.

Folk, please read The Rules, especially about Social Media and if you have a question, either use the Alert feature to ask the Mods/Admin, or PM a Mod or Admin for clarification. We do NOT sit on the thread 24/7 to read your posts in real time, so asking a question on the thread is not time effective ... not to mention that you end up with answers from other members and those answers are not always correct.

All pictures require links. No link, no post. (Without a link, it is a copyright violation.)

Reddit is off-limits for information at Websleuths. Do not make reference to what you read there and do not link it here as it is not an approved source.

Screenshots from family FB are most definitely off-limits. Please read our Rules !!

It is a WS membership requirement that all members familiarize themselves with The Rules and post in accordance with them. We know that some of you are new, but please take time to review our policies.

attachment.php

The irony of this photo is haunting. This is the post set up on January 7 when they were searching Whiting Ranch. Right behind them, maybe 20 or 30 yards away is where his body was found. This picture was taken at the school On the playground. Also frustrating as to why it took them so long to find his body.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 477
It's interesting that when you go to the Newport Beach Police Department website and go to the calls for service link there either were no calls between 1:31am and 5:26am this morning or they removed those calls during that time period from their online record. (There is no way there were no calls in the entire city between that time period.) http://www.nbpd.org/crime/calls/

I agree. At that age it’s just raw emotion without thinking ahead to the next minute. Hurt, rejection and Love are powerful and bring out the best and worst in all of us. For those of that we’re that young once we can relate. I am so very sorry and extend my heartfelt condolences to all involved.

Dear Blaze, We didn’t know each other though I wish we had. You seemed like a loving, caring ambitious young man - the world needs more like you. You were loved - loved so much that strangers have gathered to help find you. Godspeed on your journey and rest easy knowing that while your time was far too short it will not be forgotten - your beautiful soul will live on.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/calif...ege-student-orange-county-20180110-story.html

Shortly after Jeanne Pepper Bernstein got word Wednesday morning that her 19-year-old son's body had been found and that Orange County sheriff's officials were investigating the case as a homicide, her daughter discovered a note in her brother's belongings.
Beaue, 14, handed it to her mother. With tears in her eyes, she urged her to read the note.

It was a letter Bernstein had written to Blaze on day one of first grade.
"My stomach clenches a little bit at thinking of my tiny little boy (all 46 inches) walking to class by himself, but I know you'll make it to Room 16 when I leave you at the curb of Foothill Ranch Elementary School," she wrote on September 21, 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://beta.latimes.com/local/calif...ege-student-orange-county-20180110-story.html

Shortly after Jeanne Pepper Bernstein got word Wednesday morning that her 19-year-old son's body had been found and that Orange County sheriff's officials were investigating the case as a homicide, her daughter discovered a note in her brother's belongings.
Beaue, 14, handed it to her mother. With tears in her eyes, she urged her to read the note.

"My stomach clenches a little bit at thinking of my tiny little boy (all 46 inches) walking to class by himself, but I know you'll make it to Room 16 when I leave you at the curb of Foothill Ranch Elementary School," she wrote on September 21, 2004.

Heartwrenching - tearing up here.

bleedingHeartSmaller.jpg

Oh that is just so sad and heartbreaking to read. That must have made her smile and cry at the same time, that he kept that note all these years. How precious and sweet.

This got me. I had managed to hold back the tears until now. This is my greatest fear as a mother. No one should have to know what it feels like to bury a child. My heart is breaking for Blaze's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa