Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That abandoned Cadillac was registered to a Newport Beach business...

Ok, I remember some back and forth about people talking about the possibility of poppers, etc. being used and a gentleman mentioned it really isn’t part of the younger gay culture, which I would think is fairly accurate.

But... I found Blaze’s tumblr account, and he’s clearly no stranger to drugs or alcohol. There is actually a meme about poppers.

I highly doubt this is the cause of his death, but risky hookup behavior definitely doesn’t seem to be implausible.

I know it’s mentioned that we can post social media from the victim - can I link or give user name for the tumblr account?

Rain helped discover the body. Search warrant served last night NB residence. Press conference asked lots of questions regarding the friend being a suspect. Chief of policy would only say no suspect in custody and can't discuss suspect or person of interest at this time.

My husband retired OC LE of 30 yrs we watched together he said by what the chief of police said and didn't say. Friend who picked him up is a suspect. The reason killer he said no direct threat to city is I'm sure he is being under heavy surveillance

(BBM)

Totally agree on that assessment... the sheriff paused and chose his words carefully - "cannot comment on persons of interest". A couple of days ago they were very clear to say that he was not a suspect.

I'd say the driver is at minimum a person of interest and very likely a suspect at this point. The fact that he stated they interviewed him "several times" is also somewhat telling.

I'm thinking the friend will be arrested soon. It also sounds like he was either buried or in a storm drain and was washed out by the rain. JMO

So sorry Blaze. It’s not fair. I am very curious to the age of this friend driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I know where he was at. I have video on my phone. I will upload it when I get home. The rain played a part. I don't know how much I should say or if they're going to talk about it at the news conference but nothing was taped off nothing was roped off nothing was marked.

please send videos! I don't live there anymore but I am very familiar with that park and I am so curious to see how it took a week to find this poor kid!

So sorry Blaze. It’s not fair. I am very curious to the age of this friend driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting here in a warm home with the fire going.
Thinking of Blaze out in the cold for so many days.
I'm gutted.

The words "hate crime" have been appearing in my mind. Then I went to the Help Us Find Blaze Bernstein FB page, and Blaze's mom posted a poll with 17 different options to memorialize his legacy.

The very last option states "[FONT=&quot]Write Congresspeople to dramatically increase penalties for hate crimes, and close loopholes over civil liberty and free speech concerns".

Mods, please delete if this is not allowed. I assume so since it's on the Help Find FB page.

I am curious on everyone's thoughts regarding this?[/FONT]

Ok, I remember some back and forth about people talking about the possibility of poppers, etc. being used and a gentleman mentioned it really isn’t part of the younger gay culture, which I would think is fairly accurate.

But... I found Blaze’s tumblr account, and he’s clearly no stranger to drugs or alcohol. There is actually a meme about poppers.

I highly doubt this is the cause of his death, but risky hookup behavior definitely doesn’t seem to be implausible.

I know it’s mentioned that we can post social media from the victim - can I link or give user name for the tumblr account?

Yes you can link but only if you're SURE it is Blaze's.

I'm thinking the friend will be arrested soon. It also sounds like he was either buried or in a storm drain and was washed out by the rain. JMO

Agreed perhaps that's why friend came back to check on the body or bury him. He couldn't lie because I bet LE already knew he entered that park at 4:30 I'm sure video camera footage around there somewhere maybe a residence of him driving into the park or driving by at 4:30.

Oops, forgot to quote this:

"The words "hate crime" have been appearing in my mind. Then I went to the Help Us Find Blaze Bernstein FB page, and Blaze's mom posted a poll with 17 different options to memorialize his legacy.

The very last option states "Write Congresspeople to dramatically increase penalties for hate crimes, and close loopholes over civil liberty and free speech concerns".

Mods, please delete if this is not allowed. I assume so since it's on the Help Find FB page.

I am curious on everyone's thoughts regarding this?"

She made the poll allowing other people to post their suggestions as poll options. Pretty sure Blaze's mom originally began the poll with the memorial garden option and scholarships in Blaze's name, and someone added that.

Subscribing as I just saw this case on our local news here in LA. So sad!

please send videos! I don't live there anymore but I am very familiar with that park and I am so curious to see how it took a week to find this poor kid!

I would suspect that he was buried in a very shallow grave, but that the rain washed some of that away and made his body more visible.

The sheriff indicated that rain was a factor in discovering the body.

I think most of us knew that story was so far fetched and unbelievable from the beginning. It made no sense IMHO

hmmm ....maybe I interpreted that hesitation wrongly. May be that he was only being careful with that threat to the community statement.
Whether the driver is a suspect in the killing, suspect as accessory to lure or what have you, or innocent...we will probably know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier