Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no! Thoughts and prayers for Blaze' s family & friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

In this MSM video the reporter states that she knows people who live in the neighborhood where the search warrant was served in Newport Beach early this morning and that they had called 911 because of the commotion (dogs barking, etc.) as they didn't know what was going on.

https://www.facebook.com/CBSLA/videos/10156056245520859/

Thann you you for sharing the link. I must have missed it amidst so much discussion. This explains a lot.

Whiteorchids, the pic you are referring to had no link. You can't just say where it comes from. A link must be provided so that members can click on it to see for themselves where it came from. No link, no post.

Hopefully SB doesn't mind me adding to this since I'm not a mod. :scared:
I didn't see the picture in question so perhaps it was cropped. However, just to preemptively prevent another issue.... it also cannot include minor children. So if it was a family picture or one of Blaze and his siblings that would not be okay.

I believe this is the reporter in question. It is my favorite picture of Blaze thus far, I will crop it and post it shortly.

https://twitter.com/CBSmichelegile

Hey everyone,

I just returned to this site after a long time, and I only heard about this case just now. Can anyone give me a summary on what happened? I'm already hearing discussion on the faults of the friend's statement, but so far only OC Register has the story on the affidavit. Thanks.

I agree. Another good one ... I was AT my gf's house but don't know where she lives.

Just can’t get past this one. ‘She’s my GF, I drove to her house to be with her, but don’t know where she lives...or her last name’ (my paraphrase version)

This sounds like something that would occur in a drunken stupor.

The post on Tumblr is grievous

692mmo.jpg

Original picture posted here: https://twitter.com/CBSmichelegile

Can someone PLEASE find the actual affidavit? There's so much here...bolded by me. [parenthetical comments by me]

I'm calling it right now -- "friend" is prime suspect, will lawyer up soon, and things will get complicated because apparently he was interviewed multiple times without counsel present.

Prayers for this poor young man's family, and for justice.

A 16-page search warrant affidavit filed by a sheriff’s investigator shed some light on Bernstein’s disappearance and the friend who reportedly drove him that night to Borrego Park.

According to the affidavit:

The friend, who attended Orange County School of the Arts in Santa Ana with Bernstein, told detectives that he spoke with him on SnapChat that night. He agreed to pick up Bernstein and they drove to the parking lot of a Hobby Lobby in Lake Forest to “hang out” and “catch up.” [i assume hook up or maybe have a relationship talk]

He said Bernstein then told him they were going to meet up with another friend from high school, and they arrived at the Borrego Park parking area shortly before midnight on Jan. 2, a Tuesday. He said Blaze exited the vehicle and walked by himself into the park.

The friend said he waited for about an hour and tried to contact him on SnapChat. He said he then left at around 1 a.m. and drove to his girlfriend’s house in Tustin and then returned to the park at about 3:40 a.m. after Bernstein still had not responded. During one interview, the affidavit says, he said he did not know her last name.

The friend said Bernstein complained about his grades in school and “seemed depressed but never said anything about wanting to hurt himself.”

On Jan, 4, two days after the teenager disappeared, detectives spoke with the friend again at Borrego Park and noticed that his hands had several small scratches and abrasions. The friend said the scratches and abrasions were from a “fight club” that he was involved in. [yeah, right]

Investigators also noticed what appeared to be “dirt under the fingernails” on both of the friend’s hands. They asked him how his hands got so dirty and the friend said he “fell into a dirt puddle” during the sparring session. [yeah, right]

Detectives noticed that the friend was nervous and was “breathing heavy, talking fast and visibly shaking.”

At one point, the friend opened the doors to his rental car and allowed two detectives to look inside. The detectives noticed hiking and camping equipment in the rear of the vehicle, a large empty plastic bin on the backseat, and a black belt on the passenger seat floorboard.

The friend agreed to be further interviewed at the sheriff’s headquarters in Santa Ana, where his story “stayed fairly consistent.” But, the affidavit says, while he had told investigators that he went to his girlfriend’s home after he left Bernstein in the park, he said he could not remember her last name and did not know where she lived. [yeah, right]

“On their way out of Sheriff’s Headquarters, (investigators) noticed every door (the friend) had to touch on the way out of the building he pulled his jacket over his hand to prevent his hand and fingers from touching any part of the doors he touched.”

Braun, the sheriff’s spokeswoman, declined to comment on the affidavit.

I live in Newport Beach. I am so curious as to what neighborhood.
I didn’t see anything on the 911 logs. I’ll check again.

There isn't anything. There is a noticeable 4+ hour gap where no calls are recorded that morning.

Whiteorchids, the pic you are referring to had no link. You can't just say where it comes from. A link must be provided so that members can click on it to see for themselves where it came from. No link, no post.

Oh ok thanks. So it's ok to post as long as I put the link to the reporters twitter page?

On another note,

What do you folks think about forensic evidence? Been about a week with some bad rainstorms in SoCal, so any other evidence besides the body would be likely long gone at this point.

Fight club?! This guy is the worst liar in the history of criminals. It would be laughable if it wasn't just such a sick and sad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member