Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I'm mistaken, it does look like SoCalRes has removed those videos from Youtube. Though I don't know why they were removed, it was probably for some good reason.

I don't blame them. I'm sure it was hard to go there in the first place, I just wanted to see what the pipe looked like, since people were saying Blaze might've been hidden there after he was killed. I was curious to see the size of it to see if he'd have actually been able to fit.

I'm referring to the video SoCalRes posted, it appears I quoted their post wrong. My apologies!
All of the links posted for two videos now lead to a YouTube page saying that the video has been removed by user. I managed to find a screen capture by searching BB's name but it was on another forum so unpost-able here...

thread was shut down because of discussing it. They will probably warn again or possibly shut this one down. I think you can edit your post and delete the post
Thanks!![emoji106]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Bringing fwd msm:

Document reveals insight on investigation into Blaze Bernstein’s death
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ego-park-case-being-investigated-as-homicide/

"According to the affidavit:

The friend, who attended Orange County School of the Arts in Santa Ana with Bernstein, told detectives that he spoke with him on SnapChat that night. He agreed to pick up Bernstein and they drove to the parking lot of a Hobby Lobby in Lake Forest to “hang out” and “catch up.”

He said Bernstein then told him they were going to meet up with another friend from high school, and they arrived at the Borrego Park parking area shortly before midnight on Jan. 2, a Tuesday. He said Blaze exited the vehicle and walked by himself into the park.

The friend said he waited for about an hour and tried to contact him on SnapChat. He said he then left at around 1 a.m. and drove to his girlfriend’s house in Tustin and then returned to the park at about 3:40 a.m. after Bernstein still had not responded. During one interview, the affidavit says, he said he did not know her*last name.

The friend said Bernstein complained about his grades in school and “seemed depressed but never said anything about wanting to hurt himself.”

On Jan, 4, two days after the teenager disappeared, detectives spoke with the friend again at Borrego Park and noticed that his hands had several small scratches and abrasions. The friend said the scratches and abrasions were from a “fight club” that he was involved in.

Investigators also noticed what appeared to be “dirt under the fingernails” on both of the friend’s hands.*They asked him how his hands got so dirty and the friend said he “fell into a dirt puddle” during the sparring session.

Detectives noticed that the friend was nervous and was “breathing heavy, talking fast and visibly shaking.”

At one point, the friend opened the doors to his rental car and allowed two detectives to look inside. The detectives noticed hiking and camping equipment in the rear of the vehicle, a large empty plastic bin on the backseat, and a black belt on the passenger seat floorboard.

The friend agreed to be further interviewed at the sheriff’s headquarters in Santa Ana, where his story “stayed fairly consistent.” But, the affidavit says, while he had told investigators that he went to his girlfriend’s home after he left Bernstein in the park, he said he could not remember her last name and did not know where she lived.

“On their way out of Sheriff’s Headquarters, (investigators) noticed every door (the friend) had to touch on the way out of the building he pulled his jacket over his hand to prevent his hand and fingers from touching any part of the doors he touched.”"

Mention of a girlfriend because, you know, distance yourself from Blaze.

Reading the affidavit was damning for that "friend". He said he left the park initially to go see his girlfriend, but when he was questioned, he suddenly didn't know his girlfriend's last name or where she lived, even though her house is where he claimed to have went when he "left" Blaze at the park.

I can only imagine what happened between the time he "left" the park, and when he claimed to have returned around 4am, since it's pretty clear he doesn't have a girlfriend.

All of the links posted for two videos now lead to a YouTube page saying that the video has been removed by user. I managed to find a screen capture by searching BB's name but it was on another forum so unpost-able here...

I'll try to see what I can find, if it was just the search of his name. Thank you!

Quite a few individuals live in Newport Beach and attended Orange County School for the Arts.

Just Interesting, this is like watching and commenting on a Law and Order episode.

I don't blame them. I'm sure it was hard to go there in the first place, I just wanted to see what the pipe looked like, since people were saying Blaze might've been hidden there after he was killed. I was curious to see the size of it to see if he'd have actually been able to fit.

It looked about two feet in diameter. Different reports, based not necessarily on measurement but rather on knowledge of similar drainpipes, suggested that it was between 4 and 6 feet deep. My impression is that he could've fit in there but that it would've been a tight fit. It also looked like some plants were encroaching near the top of the pipe -- I wondered whether they would've been that intact if a body had first been put into and then taken out of the pipe.

Another hearsay report suggested that Blaze might've been found in a shallow grave in the same general area. In any event, the very recent footprints and tire marks near the pipe suggested that whether or not Blaze was found in it, law enforcement regarded it as part of the crime scene. If he wasn't in the pipe, maybe a murder weapon or Blaze's borrowed phone had been thrown into it.

I found it. Thank you so much. So eerie. That poor boy... He did not deserve whatever unfolded that night, and I know I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight thinking of what he went through in his last moments of life...

It looked about two feet in diameter. Different reports, based not necessarily on measurement but rather on knowledge of similar drainpipes, suggested that it was between 4 and 6 feet deep. My impression is that he could've fit in there but that it would've been a tight fit. It also looked like some plants were encroaching near the top of the pipe -- I wondered whether they would've been that intact if a body had first been put into and then taken out of the pipe.

Another hearsay report suggested that Blaze might've been found in a shallow grave in the same general area. In any event, the very recent footprints and tire marks near the pipe suggested that whether or not Blaze was found in it, it was part of the crime scene. If he wasn't in the pipe, maybe a murder weapon or Blaze's borrowed phone had been thrown into it.

Since I've been following this, I had a bad feeling he was going to be found deceased. Obviously, that's not what I wanted to have happened, but I had a bad feeling. I hope whoever did this, whether it was the friend or not, gets as much jail time as legally possible for taking this poor soul away from this world. I do hope they tell us what happened and who it was, but it will still be haunting to have to know what he went through. I hate the world we live in sometimes, because things like this happen far too often, and it's never any less heartbreaking than the last.

Reading the affidavit was damning for that "friend". He said he left the park initially to go see his girlfriend, but when he was questioned, he suddenly didn't know his girlfriend's last name or where she lived, even though her house is where he claimed to have went when he "left" Blaze at the park.

I can only imagine what happened between the time he "left" the park, and when he claimed to have returned around 4am, since it's pretty clear he doesn't have a girlfriend.

Did he just tell LE he went back there at 3:40 per affidavit but in all reality he never went back.

Do most rental cars have navigation with GPS tracking?

Did he just tell LE he went back there at 3:40 per affidavit but in all reality he never went back.

Do most rental cars have navigation with GPS tracking?

I feel like if he did go back, he went back to cover up the scene or try to clean some of it up. It's also possible he never left, and all of that time was something unfolding between the two of them, whether it was a intimate encounter gone wrong, or a chase, or any other interaction. Who knows how long they were in the park together, what they were doing, or when Blaze ended up passing away. The time of death will give us a better idea of what unfolded.

Based on Blaze's tumblr, any idea that he was straight is definitely gone. He was definitely gay, so there's a possibility they met up for intimacy, and something went wrong, or the "friend" got violent before/during/after. There are still a lot of possibilities. I'm almost 100% sure there was never a "third friend" waiting in the park, though. I think it was just Blaze and this "driver friend" and the driver friend used a 3rd person to try and throw the suspicion off of him.

The car may have had GPS tracking, but I don't know if that saves into the computer if there was one in the vehicle.

My brain is on vacation. I can't get a photo post. Blah. It was a photo of an area with mulch. You can enlarge it and see lots of foot prints, and is behind the picnic tables.

I wonder what his murderer's google searches showed in the time between Blaze been killed and when he returned to the park? He clearly had thought about evidence given his behaviour in front of the police.

(There are currently 306 users browsing this thread.*(60 members and 246 guests) )

Blaze B. .jpg
from here:
https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/bernstein1.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all

:rose:

Good to know so many people care, Magz. What a way to welcome new members, but I very much appreciate the many new sleuthers joining and pitching in with their great thoughts. May their continued participation honor Blaze's memory as LE pursues justice.

Hundreds Gather to Mourn Ivy League College Student After His Body Is Found in O.C. Park
http://ktla.com/2018/01/10/hundreds...-student-after-his-body-is-found-in-o-c-park/ the report includes the image above, and video from the vigil

"Persons of interest who haven't been publicly identified are also part of the investigation, according to Valentine."

I wonder what his murderer's google searches showed in the time between Blaze been killed and when he returned to the park? He clearly had thought about evidence given his behaviour in front of the police.

Yeah, I think whoever did this was probably not very calculated. They said it was someone that went to school with him, so they can't be any older than 20, 21. Dirt under the fingernails and not remembering the location of said girlfriend's house when he claims that's where he went when he left the park is more than enough for me to believe that he's the one that did it. I just want to know why. If it's someone Blaze went to school with, it obviously wasn't a stranger and Blaze had a little trust in him, at least. I wonder if it was just an accident during an intimate encounter, if something happened between the two of them and this "friend" got violent, or he planned to kill Blaze all along. I still have so many questions... :(

It's weird. Clearly the guy thought about not leaving his DNA on doorknobs; he may have concocted his initial story of being at the park around midnight and then coming back later to look for him to account for his (and Blaze's) phone pings and any surveillance video. But he didn't even bother to wash the dirt out from under his nails, nor did he think of a better alibi than a presumably nonexistent "girlfriend" whose name he couldn't remember! Not the brightest bulb in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier