Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RUK
Quick post as leaving to go out to dinner. That must have been a tough post for you and thank you for sharing. You moved forward in life and figured it out. Good for you. You were never worthless. Look where u are now. I am just making an assumption based on what we do know and yet realize much we don't know about SW. Until I learn otherwise it appears SW did not have current job/school etc. descriptions of his personality are less than favorable. All taken in context and the crime I believe he just committed it all fits. It's never any one thing but the sum of it all. I have a feeling once he is formally charged folks might have a bit more to say. IMO

I love repetitiveness. I am on my phone more than my computer, it doesn't always go to the last post read. And scrolling through hundreds of posts to get to where I was is a pain. Eventually I just start where it takes me. So appreciate everyone's patience with re-explaing things. So I never mind scrolling thru info regardless of how often I have seen it, knowing it is often me trying to get caught up

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

This post needed more than a click of a button. Thank you for saying this!

I admit I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. Makes a lot of sense!

I can't believe we had pages and pages of discussion based on the report that Blaze died due to strangulation and it has since been retracted.

Gotta love MSM. My problem is, I read something from MSM and it gets stuck in my head. It becomes "fact" in the case to me. I imagine I'm not the only one who does this. Then after it's been discovered it's not really fact, some of us still have it stuck in our heads as such. It does make for confusion in our cases.

I remember the discussion of the significance of the black belt being found in the vehicle SW was renting and how that could have played a part in this "strangulation."

Now we are back to square one, we have no idea how Blaze was killed.

Don't know where I'm going with this, just trying to keep our facts straight.

This is why I take everything I read in the MSM with a large grain of salt. The key to good reporting is corroboration from multiple, hopefully independent, sources. This used to be an ideal that the media was founded upon, but today's media doesn't seem to uphold these standards in many instances, especially on the Internet.

I tend to believe facts only if they are corroborated, and not just multiple stories, quoting the same single source, as was the case with all of the media outlets repeating OCR's story about the affidavit this past week. This is like playing the old telephone game - they often create inconsistencies when they repeat the story.

We won't know the details of Blaze's killing until LE release details of the autopsy. It very well may be strangulation, but at this point we simply don't know for sure.

We won't know the details of Blaze's killing until LE release details of the autopsy. It very well may be strangulation, but at this point we simply don't know for sure.

rssb

My point exactly. Thank you.

Admin Note

Sleuthing family members is off limits folks.

Yes. Yes. And Yes.

And if he were killed in that park I can't imagine there was anything handy to hit him with besides his fist.

And you are so right about strangulation. It doesn't happen like in the movies. The person loses consciousness in a matter of seconds and then it takes minutes of continuously holding firm pressure on the arteries in the neck to actually kill them. IMO it is a deliberate act and a case for premeditation.

I still think it was auto asphyxiation gone too far (hence, the belt in his car).
A person can lose consciousness within seconds and, if not revived, death can happen quickly.
That's why people who commit suicide by hanging are often times successful.

So it wasn’t an MSM source. It was a false post made on a false page, which was since been deleted. Thank you for clarifying.

If I remember right, it was a reporter from CBS who first stated Blaze died of strangulation. I don't go to FB as a rule for the reason that everything there is rumor and not MSM and not permitted here. I believe the report of the strangulation was in a video.

All I know if in the last thread we discussed strangulation at length and at the time we had the freedom per TOS to do so.

It was a theory. We're still free to discuss it as such.

If I remember right, it was a reporter from CBS who first stated Blaze died of strangulation. I don't go to FB as a rule for the reason that everything there is rumor and not MSM and not permitted here. I believe the report of the strangulation was in a video.

All I know if in the last thread we discussed strangulation at length and at the time we had the freedom per TOS to do so.

Incredibly sad case. I hope Blaze's family and friends can some day be told exactly what happened.

( RSBM )

Do I hear someone ringing my bell here?

I don't want to come across as defensive, but I can't let this pass without speaking up again. Don't want to be redundant either, as I explained much of my personal motivation to go into Psychiatric Nursing in a post that is on the first page of the last thread.

I'm not sure if you were following the case though at that time. ( I remember you posting that some one had alerted you to this case, but it may have been after my post. )

So I want to summarize my experience in case you're not aware. I can't speak for all mental health professionals, but I think my situation mirrors many others.

I worked on an adult in-patient, locked psychiatric unit of a regular hospital for fifteen years. I was the Charge Nurse for the last seven.

Prior to that I worked in the Emergency Department for ten years. We had many psychiatric patients in crisis, especially those with schizophrenia.

I grew up with a mentally ill father. He died long before there was any real help available. As a child I had no understanding. It wasn't until I was going through my psychiatric rotation in nursing that I finally could see how sick my father had been. I 'saw' him in so many of my ER patients.

I could no longer help him but I could help them. That was my motivation.

My co-workers had similar stories. A loved one of theirs was mentally ill and they wanted to understand it better to be able to help.

Since mental illness touches so many other people besides the person affected, I don't think it's off the mark to say that you have a good point. That some mental health professionals may have more than their share of psychological dysfunction.

Growing up and walking on eggshells with every interaction with my father had a profound effect on my ability to trust others.

But I also developed a keen awareness of how to reach and connect to him when he was at his sickest point.

Something a child should not have to learn, but yet it became a very strong skill for me in interacting with hospitalized mentally ill patients.

I saw this same innate skill in most of my co-workers. We had all lived with it, and we learned valuable communication tools. Not something I'd ever recommend for any child, but in our case I believe we were the strongest of survivors.

We all had intensive education and training before setting foot on our unit. Yet we also brought our own selves with all of our prior experiences. So, I don't think it's hard to see where anyone in mental health could also be needing help at some point.

We had some mental health professionals as patients. A couple of psychiatrists, therapists, and nurses. ( We had lots of nurses from all specialties. )

We had doctors, and attorneys. People from every walk of life.

Mental health problems do not discriminate. There are as many reasons why they can turn up on anyone's doorstep as there are people.

Life is really difficult for so many.

Don't mean to harp on you, gitana. I really enjoy your posts and expertise so much!

I'm not upset at your sentiment expressed either. It's not unusual; I've heard it many times. As I said, I do believe there's some truth in it too.

I hope my explanation may help a little...

JMO

I'm not sure how your explanation is in contradiction to my point at all. It pretty much backs up what I said exactly!

So it wasn’t an MSM source. It was a false post made on a false page, which was since been deleted. Thank you for clarifying.
I don't think it was cloned or a false page. I saw it when it was posted, and quickly taken down. The account is still there, and has a history that has nothing to do with this case. I think the person, who is part of the press, either spoke falsely or divulged information that he never should have.

I have no idea about COD, where Blaze was exactly found, how he was found, or his sexual orientation. I only know that LE has arrested a person that they believe murdered him.
Between MSM and socmedia, confirming a story with at least two sources is a thing of the past. In the race to be first, they get things wrong- a lot. And ultimately nobody cares.

Btw, dogs miss people a lot. It's not uncommon.

Yes, I agree. Thank you for mentioning that, Dizzy. Wasn't able to go back and update my WS post.

I looked at the account, too. I think you're right. It's a personal FB account (not an "official" page) and it's not a "verified" account for a journalist reporting on this case specifically. The person works in a news-related job, and probably shared an opinion before thinking better of it and deleting it. No bigs. :)

rssb

I don't think it was cloned or a false page. I saw it when it was posted, and quickly taken down. The account is still there, and has a history that has nothing to do with this case. I think the person, who is part of the press, either spoke falsely or divulged information that he never should have.

I have no idea about COD, where Blaze was exactly found, how he was found, or his sexual orientation. I only know that LE has arrested a person that they believe murdered him.

In regard to the term premeditated murder, if that ends up being the case here. From both watching cases and research into the law particularly in Virginia as I live here... Premeditation doesn’t have to be days or even hours before the event, murder can be considered premeditated even if the decision to do it happened within a few minutes of the event itself.

However IANAL, maybe one will speak up to confirm or deny if this is also the case in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe we had pages and pages of discussion based on the report that Blaze died due to strangulation and it has since been retracted.

Gotta love MSM. My problem is, I read something from MSM and it gets stuck in my head. It becomes "fact" in the case to me. I imagine I'm not the only one who does this. Then after it's been discovered it's not really fact, some of us still have it stuck in our heads as such. It does make for confusion in our cases.

I remember the discussion of the significance of the black belt being found in the vehicle SW was renting and how that could have played a part in this "strangulation."

Now we are back to square one, we have no idea how Blaze was killed.

Don't know where I'm going with this, just trying to keep our facts straight.

So true! I didn't even know it was retracted until I went back to look for it and couldn't find it any longer. *sigh*

So true! I didn't even know it was retracted until I went back to look for it and couldn't find it any longer. *sigh*

Respectfully, to clarify, it wasn’t reported, so it can’t be retracted.

Just like everyone else here, I’m trying to help keep confusion to a minimum and the known facts at the fore.

ETA: definition of “retraction”:

“A retraction is a public statement made about an earlier statement that withdraws, cancels, refutes, or reverses the original statement or ceases and desists from publishing the original statement.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retraction

SO said during press conference that they were able to determine that SW was the last individual in contact with B.B. when access to BB’s Snapchat was obtained. The dirt under SW fingernails....who knows. That was a sliver of info in the 16 pg. affidavit proving probable cause for a search warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper