Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure why my comment was deleted... I thought we were allowed to state opinions here. In my opinion he has acne on his face. In my opinion the murder was committed by stabbing based on the cuts on SW hands which are not uncommon during that type of murder. All my opinion. And it's all very tragic.

Sad that this turned out to be true. Horrifying.

Right now I think he did it because he was enraged that Blaze outed him. I'm fine with him being enraged but horrible to murder over it.

Where is all the blood? This took planning and time.

He can’t claim self defense because he had choices right? Like a far stretch would be one stab, not over 20...

BBM

That looks like a motive for murder. But I don't see it as a federal hate crime. I see it as a personal 'hate' crime. I think it was revenge and anger.

Hate crime or not, it sounds like there will be a good case for premeditated murder. I guess SW and his lawyers will try to say that he reacted in spontaneous horror -- a "gay panic" defense. Maybe he'll say that he always carries a hunting knife because he's such a manly man. But I doubt such a defense would hold up.

But I think the issue will probably be whether the evidence supports 1st degree or 2nd degree murder. Unless the case ends with a plea.

He can’t claim self defense because he had choices right? Like a far stretch would be one stab, not over 20...

Seems like Blaze outing him will be a good basis for premeditation.

He had months of building rage:

Sheriff’s investigators were led to Woodward by entries in Bernstein’s social media accounts. In text conversations made in June, according to the affidavit, Bernstein told two female friends about his interaction with Woodward.

Seems like Blaze outing him will be a good basis for premeditation.

This is a stretch ... but maybe he'll claim that he only found out about the outing that night from Blaze and that when he found out he reacted with blind rage? But he needs to explain the knife.... JMO.

I guess the amount of blood would depend on what he stabbed him with and where?

This is a stretch ... but maybe he'll claim that he only found out about the outing that night from Blaze and that when he found out he reacted with blind rage? But he needs to explain the knife.... JMO.

Good point, I didn't think about that. I was thinking he must have known because we heard the rumor early on

Also depends on the type of knife, I'm guessing if a very large knife (something like a butcher knife) was used, that would leave a lot more blood than a smaller pocket knife.

But I think the self-defense claim would evaporate once the stabbings started - generally with legitimate self-defense cases you are supposed to stop once the threat to your life has stopped.

Oh my gosh, I am so heartbroken for Blaze, and his loving family. How fearful he must have been when he faced this monster.

Imo, there is the proof needed to prove premeditation. Although I think during the ongoing investigation they will uncover more evidence to support this was premeditated.

At least 20 stab wounds! Ugh. Each repetitive stab shows premeditation had been formed.

Now I feel almost 100% the DA or the GJ will indict him on first degree murder charges. He will be lucky if this isn't a death penalty case. I read an article last year where CA is planning on speeding up the appeal process of those on death row.

God bless Blaze's beautiful soul. Such a bright light that now has gone dark due to crossing paths with evil.:(

JMO

Sounds to me like the whole meet up was a plan by SW to murder poor Blaze. I hope they are able to file some sort of special circumstances charges for luring him to his death.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have a hard time believing anything SW said to investigators, maybe half-truths, but I take any statement he made with a grain of salt. My opinion, I believe he went with intention to confront and harm BB for outing him hence the "overkill" I'm sure more info will be forthcoming. Just so tragic....

“Investigators said in the affidavit that as he recounted that part of his story, Woodward clenched his jaw and his fists, saying “he wanted to tell Blaze to get off of him.”...”

That sounds like third person reference to self...MPD reach?

:welcome:

So strange...if it was planned it wasn't planned well. The can't remember-her-name or where she lives girlfriend alibi....MOO

I'm thinking this whole case is going to get a lot uglier.

No one is going to like this amateur speculation, but I don't think the Perp will stand trial. I speculate he will be declared incompetent. We shall see.

It sounds like he is going to try to claim Blaze tried to rape him:(

That will go over like a ton of bricks. Blaze was 55 pounds lighter than he was and 5 inches shorter. He is lying and using this excuse to murder Blaze. If anything happened like a sexual assault SW was most likely the perpetrator/aggressor. Like I posted previously, I hope the ME closely examined Blaze's body and did a rape kit and an oral swab. SW very easily could have forced Blaze into a sexual act by using the knife to threaten him into complying.

And he brought a lethal weapon with him and Blaze was unarmed and totally defenseless.

IMO, no jury is going to believe that concocted lie by the killer.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member