Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dailybreeze.com/2018/01...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

"On the night that Bernstein went missing, according to the affidavit, he and Woodward parked outside a Hobby Lobby in Lake Forest. The affidavit also noted that Woodward told investigators that Bernstein kissed him on the lips, and that he pushed Bernstein away."

Wait a minute. I thought SW's original story was SW drove Blaze to the park to meet a 3rd person (which we know was false), and then Blaze disappeared into the park. How could that be SW's official story AND Bernstein kissed him on the list earlier at Hobby Lobby? How could it be both stories?

Sucks that only Sam's side will be known. I really hope evidence will be good enough to show Blaze's

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No one is going to like this amateur speculation, but I don't think the Perp will stand trial. I speculate he will be declared incompetent. We shall see.

May I ask what you base this on as far as him being ruled incompetent? tia

How can he be declared incompetent when he knew murdering Blaze was wrong? All of the lies, and concealing the body shows he was competent during and shortly after when he committed this murder.

If this was planned it will even substantiate his competency level even more so.

I don't think he is incompetent at all. I think he was driven by blind hate and hate doesn't make anyone incompetent. It is just a very bad emotion to have when in a murderous hate filled rage, and often this can be the results.

I do respect that you think so, roses.

How many sociopathic killers have we followed here. Who make the most outlandish statements. Ninja's, Zanny the Nanny etc. etc. They don't think past 5 minutes. They believe we will believe. So I am not that surprised by the claim I was at my girlfriends but I don't remember her last name. I do find it interesting and somewhat glaring he had to throw a "girlfriend" into the mix. IMO

Wow, I leave this alone for a couple of hours and a bombshell drops!

So where are we now? Answers to some questions and now some new ones:

New Information:

1) COD - 20 Stab wounds!

2) <modsnip>

3) Blood found on SW sleeping bag was the final catalyst to bring the arrest.

4) Weapon still not found, and size of wounds not specified, so we don't know what kind of knife.

Info from article that may or may not be true:

1) The article states that SW told investigators that BB tried to "kiss him on the lips" and that he "pushed Bernstein away". Also that he "clenched his jaw and fists saying he 'wanted to get Blaze off of him'". We have to doubt the veracity of this because it is the statement of the suspect who certainly has motive to lie about events such as these.

New Questions:

1) Why was there blood found on the sleeping bag? What was the sleeping bag doing in the park in the first place? Presumably the crime occurred in the park near or at where the body was found, so does this mean the sleeping bag was there for some reason and removed, or that SW transferred blood to the sleeping bag back at his car? If the former, it begs more questions.

2) I still want to understand why these two were together alone in the park at this time. If there was animosity between SW and BB due to the "outing" earlier last year, I wouldn't think BB would want to be alone in the park with him. Had they patched things up? There is much to the dynamics of this and their relationship that we need to know to understand the full context of what happened here. Unfortunately we may never get a completely accurate picture of this.

3) What kind of knife was used? Is it 20 stab wounds because it was a small knife, or 20 stab wounds because SW was completely enraged and couldn't stop, or both?

In general, this is similar to what I've expected so far. This death seems to have been tied to do Blaze's homosexuality, and possibly to SW's desire for his not to be known - although wasn't it already? This still confuses me a bit.

There is still much more to be known, and now I wonder how many of the facts will truly come out. It's highly likely at this point as others have pointed out that this was premeditated; however I'm still not 100% sure of that until I know more.

I also will be interested to see if there is a confession and/or a plea agreement. I think the likelihood of this is pretty high as well.

At the end of the day, it's all just very sad!

So strange...if it was planned it wasn't planned well. The can't remember-her-name or where she lives girlfriend alibi....MOO
Liars and murderers never plan to get caught so it's not unusual to hear a terrible alibi. IMHO, SW never expected to be discovered so quickly, but what he probably thought to be a secret and secure Snapchat conversation ended up leading LE directly to him.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2018/01...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

"On the night that Bernstein went missing, according to the affidavit, he and Woodward parked outside a Hobby Lobby in Lake Forest. The affidavit also noted that Woodward told investigators that Bernstein kissed him on the lips, and that he pushed Bernstein away."

Wait a minute. I thought SW's original story was SW drove Blaze to the park to meet a 3rd person (which we know was false), and then Blaze disappeared into the park. How could that be SW's official story AND Bernstein kissed him on the list earlier at Hobby Lobby? How could it be both stories?

IMO, he is lying because he knows very well he has silenced his victim, and left Blaze voiceless unable to tell anyone what happened to him. He is more or less saying the victim deserved to be killed.

So he is going to use the 'blame the victim' card which never bodes well with juries.

He sounds like a raging narcissist. They always place blame on their murder victims and never will take any responsibility for their own criminal wrongdoings.

So I am not surprised in the least SW is spinning these lies while trying to put himself in a better light by playing the victim card.

JMO

The arraignment apparently is scheduled for Wednesday. It will be interesting to see if he has a court appointed lawyer or if his family will pay for a private lawyer.

In my mind at this point I think he led Blaze to believe it was a hook up but he was so enraged being outted Blaze was to pay. IMO

If BB did out S, when did this happen? And when did S find out about it? That might tie more into motive if he had just found out. Also, wonder why B would do this.

Much of this comes from SW's statements. At this point we can discount much of it because it came from the mouth of the suspect, but at the time of much of the reporting of this case, they considered these witness statements and they were reported on as truths.

The articles have not done a very good job of distinguishing known facts from hearsay, often using both in the same sentence and presenting the whole thing to the reader as a known fact.

Ultimately, all I think I know at this point is that they agreed to meet over SnapChat and they at some point ended up together in the park. Can we be sure they ever went to the Hobby Lobby at all? It's all so muddy in my head now, I can't remember if this was a fact borne out by some evidence, or part of SW's story, all of which is open to speculation at this point.

Murder weapon still not found. I hope that the park was adequately searched. I still feel like the scene was released quickly.

If BB did out S, when did this happen? And when did S find out about it? That might tie more into motive if he had just found out. Also, wonder why B would do this.

According to the article, the "outing" was in June of last year to two female friends. Good question about when SW found out, and I agree with you, that would be an important thing to find out. Perhaps BB didn't know that SW knew about the "outing" before Jan. 2, although I'm a bit skeptical of that.

According to the article upthread Blaze told 2 female friends back in June

It logically cant be and that is why it does not add up.

So even though Blaze supposedly kissed him and he didn't want him to at Hobby Lobby he still willingly goes with him to the park? Hmm, riiight. Sure doesn't sound like he was too offended to me. What he is saying is all made up BS to me.

I am beginning to believe SW may be a sociopath, and they are notorious pathological liars.

imo

<snip>
1) Why was there blood found on the sleeping bag? What was the sleeping bag doing in the park in the first place? Presumably the crime occurred in the park near or at where the body was found, so does this mean the sleeping bag was there for some reason and removed, or that SW transferred blood to the sleeping bag back at his car? If the former, it begs more questions.

2) I still want to understand why these two were together alone in the park at this time. If there was animosity between SW and BB due to the "outing" earlier last year, I wouldn't think BB would want to be alone in the park with him. Had they patched things up? There is much to the dynamics of this and their relationship that we need to know to understand the full context of what happened here. Unfortunately we may never get a completely accurate picture of this.
<snip>
At the end of the day, it's all just very sad!

Respectfully snipped by me.

Regarding (1) My guess is that SW brought the sleeping bag with him. It could have been used in a number of ways. He could have lured BB into sitting on it or having sex on it and then could've stabbed him. He could've wrapped BB's body in it when burying him. He could've wrapped BB's body in it when carrying him or as PaulR suggests, could've used it to drag BB to where he buried him.

(2) Maybe either they patched things up or SW acted as if they had so he could lure BB into hanging out with him.

It logically cant be and that is why it does not add up.

So even though Blaze supposedly kissed him and he didn't want him to at Hobby Lobby he still willingly goes with him to the park? Hmm, riiight. Sure doesn't sound like he was too offended to me. What he is saying is all made up BS to me.

I am beginning to believe SW may be a sociopath, and they are notorious pathological liars.

imo
It's entirely possible that the opposite happened - that he tried to kiss Blaze, was pushed away, and the clenched fists of anger came from THAT memory.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The arraignment apparently is scheduled for Wednesday. It will be interesting to see if he has a court appointed lawyer or if his family will pay for a private lawyer.

Interesting... I assume you're suggesting the family may turn their backs on him?

If he did it because he outed him then the stakes are even higher for SW and it will become a premeditated murder with revenge as the motive.

IMO

I agree OBE. I have been of the opine he is a narcissistic sociopath. Just bouncing off your post but if this goes to trial I think it's going to be really, really ugly. IMO it appears his Family is affluent. We all know what money can buy as far as a Defense. Blaze was such an amazing person and we see that with his Family right now. Hurts my heart how he and they "may" be dragged thru hell and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces