Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason I don't think this was a planned murder is the way SW responded afterwards. IMO, if it was a planned murder, he would have thought to leave the body in that vast wilderness, had an alibi, not placed himself at the scene of the crime, not lied about a girlfriend, not lied about an address, thrown away that sleeping bag and any other evidence, been prepared to deal with the body rather than apparently coming back at 4 am. The narrative has too many loose ends. If someone had been thinking about murder since the fall, he should have had a better plan.
Great points!

Is it possible to be for the strictest of punishments against a murderer, but not really go down the hate crime road? Shouldn't the law be applied equally to everyone? A murder is hateful enough on its own merit. I don't need this extra aggravating concept to want the criminal punished to the severest end. It's not necessary. I am already there any way for wanting justice.

I would not want this guy out on bail either, living near me. Throw the book at him, and keep this dangerous person behind bars.

Never mind. It’s back.

Took me a few tries to get ABC7's live stream to work. I hope Facebook live also gets going once the PC starts, in case ABC7 ends their coverage early.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm gay. The fact that SW used the word "f a g g o t" in reference to Bernstein would make me feel it's a hate crime. It's a word that I hate. Whether SW was gay or straight, closeted or not, is irrelevant to me. He obviously has deep feelings about gay people just by using that word. Stabbing someone 20 times is overkill. There is a lot of rage there.

To those of you that disagree with the theories that have been discussed, what is your theory?

From Live Science: What Is a Scientific Theory.
https://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html

[FONT=&quot]The way that scientists use the word 'theory' is a little different than how it is commonly used in the lay public," said Jaime Tanner, a professor of biology at Marlboro College. "Most people use the word 'theory' to mean an idea or hunch that someone has, but in science the word 'theory' refers to the way that we interpret facts."

[/FONT]
I think disagreement of theories has to with those basing theory as an idea the used to justify a course of action such as BB is "known fact" gay = (theory idea) gay hate crime.

I visualize a case as a 1000 piece map puzzle without the picture. Each fact is a piece of the puzzle.

Puzzle pieces.

BB: Deceased. Stabbed. Gay. Jewish. OCSA. Texting wanting sex with (non-confirmed gay) SW. Text home address to SW.

SW: OCSA. Last known seeing BB. BB (unknown quantity) blood on sleeping bag. BB non-wanted kiss.

1 equal connection, positive fact. OCSA. Center piece of the puzzle. Need more information to connect more pieces.

Good morning everyone, a show of force here for Blaze Bernstein. I still tear up, and have a very difficult time regarding this case.
The way SW perp walked, I wonder if notoriety will come into play. I thought he looked proud. His life is over, as it should be. Did anyone find a work record for SW?

Re possible hate crime:

- this is ongoing investigation

- looking through all manners of communication

- we are trying to determine that

? Is this the DA that is possibly posturing for political reasons?

Why did he pick him up?

- we're still working on that

Prior relationship?

- went to same HS

- don't have any evidence that they were friends in HS

Friends more recently?

- trying to determine that

Hate crime?

- looking to see whether that might b supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online