Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
File this under things I will never understand. WHY, if not killed at the park, would SW then return to bury BB AT the park??? There are prob a thousand places where he may have never been found? And to chance having to dig a grave at a small park???? Bizarre.

File this under things I will never understand. WHY, if not killed at the park, would SW then return to bury BB AT the park??? There are prob a thousand places where he may have never been found? And to chance having to dig a grave at a small park???? Bizarre.

IMO, he wouldn't.

I want to add another possibility: That SW erased his social media accounts. Why has there not been any mention by the DA of his PC, laptop and all devices being forensically examined? I have a problem w this.
I think the search warrant details should be released to the public as they are w most cases.
They are usually gagged in cases of minors. Sealing documents and failing to allow the sun to shine on them is a problem. I expect better of the OCSD, maybe that IS the problem as it isn't the Police City PD.
I have not heard a bonafied reason for sealing documents in this case.

Therein lies the problem. LE & the DA have a responsibility to preserve the integrity of the investigation. Think about this for a moment.... how livid would the public, and most importantly the Berstein family, be if the leaked information the O.C. Reg. is sensationalizing affects the charges or final outcome of this case in a negative way?

Let that sink in for a moment.

Something to consider in regard to Woodward 'returning to the scene' days after the murder:
He participated in one of the searches -- In the very first days after he was reported "missing" the parents said that they learned after he didn't show up to the dental appointment that their son had met up with a friend from high school the night before. They did not explicitly say but did seem to infer that they had spoken with this friend, etc. The parents did not express any suspicion of this person.

If one had murdered someone and that person's parents were not suspicious of him being involved, wouldn't it make sense if that person made some sort of fake gesture to continue to give the impression that they were concerned about their missing "friend"? So I would assert that one possibility to consider is that he returned to the scene to search or be among those observing the search -- essentially making an effort to appear to be concerned about the missing Bernstein.

Thoughts?

Yeah, this doesn’t make sense and I think it can be discounted based on the fact that LE made it clear in today’s presser that SW was under surveillance during the period that B.B. was missing. I don’t think he could have held the body until after the 2-3 days of searching in the area were complete, then returned and hid the body under those circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dk about the sites you are asking about, I only know that before we ever knew Sam Woodward's name, I found a white pride white power message board discussion of Blaze. There were many slurs, I didn't save the page but I did write about it here. This was before we knew SWs identity, and there is no way for me to verify IF SW was posting on that site. OCSD should hv been able to find that message board just as I did. It's not rumor because I read the posts on the site myself early on. I also asked if LE was reading to cache and make note of the message board. I tried so hard to word that post the s as this one. The posters were all over BB's heritage, using slurs. It upset me then just as it does now. It was more about being a Jew, This was in the first few days he went missing.

There are are cameras at the elementary that are facing the parking lot. The parking lot that happens to be right behind the location where the body was buried. Let that just sink in for a minute.

From the aerial view, the asphalt at the Elementary School, very close to/behind the burial site, is a playground. There could be cameras facing that as well, but the only two parking areas I see are in front of the school and close to the Borrego park entrance (to the right in the pic) I am not including the Ralph's or shopping across the main boulevard.

Thanks.
I have a question, was SW into circus performing gymnastics and or aerial work? There is an IG account, that came up when I was searching SW profiles. If anyone here knows SW, can you verify it is his Instagram? Thanks. IOW does SW have anything to do w cirquedusoleil or street acrobatics?

No, wrong account. His account is private.

I dk about the sites you are asking about, I only know that before we ever knew Sam Woodward's name, I found a white pride white power message board discussion of Blaze. There were many slurs, I didn't save the page but I did write about it here. This was before we knew SWs identity, and there is no way for me to verify IF SW was posting on that site. OCSD should hv been able to find that message board just as I did. It's not rumor because I read the posts on the site myself early on. I also asked if LE was reading to cache and make note of the message board. I tried so hard to word that post the s as this one. The posters were all over BB's heritage, using slurs. It upset me then just as it does now. It was more about being a Jew, This was in the first few days he went missing.

Therein lies the problem with much of the stuff that has been purported to be posted by Woodward -- no one has been able to identify posts [with a message of hate against various groups] on these various sites that they can actually prove was posted by Woodward. We have seen the Confederate Flag post which was he definitely made, but nothing more.

LE will be able (and likely already has) used any IP address that has been associated with Woodward to pull his complete digital footprint. They will be able to decipher between all the content that people have been purporting to been written by Woodward and what he actually wrote or posted.

I feel like there is a lot of misinformation being pushed elsewhere on the web.

From the aerial view, the asphalt at the Elementary School, very close to/behind the burial site, is a playground. There could be cameras facing that as well, but the only two parking areas I see are in front of the school and close to the Borrego park entrance (to the right in the pic) I am not including the Ralph's or shopping across the main boulevard.

That is the EXACT area I’m referencing. Thought it was a parking lot, but there are cameras covering that area.

Although perhaps you should include the parking lot below at the shopping center as it does have a paved path directly to the site. I proposed earlier that a thrid party could have utilized this path in a lying in wait scenario. Also, it has been noted here in past posts by locals that it is regularly used as a path to and from the school by parents and kids wanting to avoid school pickup traffic, so it must not be too steep. Also the fence at the school would have to be hopped over to access the site.

Therein lies the problem with much of the stuff that has been purported to be posted by Woodward -- no one has been able to identify posts [with a message of hate against various groups] on these various sites that they can actually prove was posted by Woodward. We have seen the Confederate Flag post which was he definitely made, but nothing more.

LE will be able (and likely already has) used any IP address that has been associated with Woodward to pull his complete digital footprint. They will be able to decipher between all the content that people have been purporting to been written by Woodward and what he actually wrote or posted.

I feel like there is a lot of misinformation being pushed elsewhere on the web.

The internet is synonymous with misinformation.

Why have we not heard of SW's computer devices and forensics in regards to them? SW had time to ditch and destroy too many things! It was disheartening for me today to hear the DA request help from the public.
Am I being oversensitive? This happens a lot to me lately...
!

IMO, the third party is a figment of SW's imagination that he used in trying to deflect attention from himself.

That is the EXACT area I’m referencing. Thought it was a parking lot, but there are cameras covering that area.

Are we sure it's a playground? If it's a paved playground, could SW have driven across it?? I've heard that parents and kids cut across there and cut through a gap in the fence to the park. Maybe a local can weigh in on these questions.

I googled California felony murder rule. Found an article with a very thorough explaination. Open paragraph & link to full article below.

"[SUP]The California felony-murder rule makes a defendant guilty of murder if s/he . . . or a fellow perpetrator . . . kills another person while committing certain California felonies . . . even if the killing was a complete
accident!
[SUP]1"
[/SUP][/SUP]
https://www.shouselaw.com/felony-murder.html

Why have we not heard of SW's computer devices and forensics in regards to them? SW had time to ditch and destroy too many things! It was disheartening for me today to hear the DA request help from the public.
!

The DA mentioned in the press conference that they are investigating all forms of digital communication and related forensics. Getting warrants and vendor compliance for this stuff can take time

!

Not at all. You want to make sure that LE is able to get all of the potential evidence possible to present the strongest possible case; it's a great attitude to have. :)

If Woodward destroyed any of his devices, that would only impact the data stored on that device's hard drive/memory. It would not erase his SMS, MMS, e-mail, social media records. The law requires providers to maintain those records for a minimum amount of time [I think it's 30 days] and given that he was arrested well before that period of time, there will not be an issue obtaining that data from each provider.

It should also be helpful to know that people tend to use the same screename or variation of that user name on various sites -- so anything that they might want to establish a larger digital footprint can be done pretty easily by running a search the known screen names (that they have or soon will learn in his recent history from various providers) and determining where else they pop up. If they find material that they want to use, they will have to obtain records to establish the IP address used and link it to Woodward.

There's a ton of stuff out there about all of us. It's quite scary when one thinks about it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper