CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I knew falls are common causes of injury in older people, I didn't know until recently that they are the leading cause of death for over 65s in the US.

It made me think that had Bob taken a fall in say, the bathroom, and died from his injuries, it would actually have been a pretty commonplace death. Unlikely to raise any suspicions. It's set me back to wondering if the damage Mrs Harrod noticed in the bathroom was signs of a planned 'fall' for Bob, by whoever disappeared him, that didn't go as planned.

Though I'm not sure if many people would be aware that deaths from falls are so common, it would be a good way to disguise the killing of an older person.

The reason falls of people 65 and over causes their deaths are because after falling (especially with broken hips), the elderly lie in a bed/hospital, etc., it's not what they broke, it's because of blood clots that come from the legs from lying for some time. I saw a doctor on tv explain it this way, he said 50% of people in this age group will die after falling and breaking a bone. Now, I have something else to say after what we've learned of the arrest of CM in the McStay family murders. He buried them where it was familiar to him and I suspect the same thing with Bob Harrod. Whatever happened to him and wherever he is, Bob's somewhere that's familiar with whoever or whomever had Bob disappear. And who was last seen with Bob the morning he disappeared, just like CM was the last person to be with JM? The disappearance of Bob Harrod is my number 1 case that I would love to see solved and justice given to Bob and Fontelle.

http://astrologyincrime.com/2013/02/11/young-love-bob-and-fontelle/

Astrology is a worthwhile thing to look into in his case. This story particularly bothers me since this is only 15 minutes from where I live :(. I always hate when crimes happen so close to home, and even more so when they go years unsolved. I hope someone will find him soon.

Welcome!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but as you're so local - where would you head if you had a body to dispose of in something of a hurry, and possibly other bits and pieces of waste too? If you had to start from Carnation Drive, Placentia.

Thinking of Marine Veteran Bob Harrod on Veterans Day.

I think Bob Harrod's name - and therefore missing status - is about to get a mention in a book that will likely draw global attention. :) Will let you know as soon as I do, for certain.

I keep thinking how different the search for Bob might have been if Mrs Harrod had been able to use a computer. It's such a shame the people close to him best able to use computers, have chosen not to.

I'm going on what Bob's best friend said about Mrs Harrod 'not having access to a computer', for my presumption that she can't use one - and her daughter having to search for Bob on her behalf. I guess her sight problems make it impossible. The search for Bob would have been very different if Mrs Harrod had been able to appeal for help via social media herself, I think. People would have responded, because her and Bob's story touched so many people's hearts.

Bob's case is on.......ID Channel........now

I haven't posted here for a while.... just popping in to say thanks & give everyone a pat on the back to all of us, Mr Bob's family, who has not forgotten. Sending up prayers for Ms Fontelle.

Bob's case is on.......ID Channel........now

I'm such a fool. Was too busy tweeting, asking anyone and everyone if Long Lost Love was airing, to think of dropping in here to see if anyone had let us know. I should have known! So glad it is. It gives a fresh wave of publicity to Bob's case every single time. :)

Possibly the most glaring, unanswered questions in Bob Harrod's case are;

Why no nearby blood relative in CA reported him missing, instead leaving that to Mrs Harrod, thousands of miles away in Missouri

Why very little activity re search/publicity/vigils/flyers have been undertaken by the inheritors of Bob's estate (Mrs Harrod is not one of them)

Why Bob Harrod's son-in-law Jeff Michaels, the last known person to see him alive, doesn't appear to have said a single public word about his father-in-law's disappearance, and showed zero concern at the time it happened.

I don't know where Bob is, but I am absolutely certain there is at least one person - and probaby at least one more - who does know. And who is hoping Bob, every memory of him, and (especially) Mrs Harrod, will just go away.

As Bob's name and missing status has now spread in countries ranging from France to Russia to South Africa and Mexico and everything in between, I don't think that's going to happen. We will have to wait and see I suppose. The wait will be less anxious for us, than the person who disappeared him...of that I am certain.

........definitely someone in his family knows where he is. moo

I feel for his wife and the family that loved him.

I just watched the Disappeared episode about Bob. It kind of hits home for me because my own grandma, who's in her 80s and lives in Spain, has beginning Alzheimer's and isn't doing too well. Now that she's getting older, three of my aunts/uncles (who haven't even visited her in 20 years) realize she's not going to be around for a very long time, and they really really want her money. So much that my mom and aunt Toni are keeping a recent health scare (in which my grandma fell and was stuck there for two days before my aunt found her) very hush-hush. I don't think those two aunts and uncle would have it in them to harm my grandma, but Toni? They'll beat the crap out of her if they found out that the only money going to them when my grandma dies is the bare minimum required by law, while Toni and my mom (and us kids) get the rest.

Anyways, it sounds like there were several people in Bob's life who really wanted his money. Unfortunately, crap like this isn't uncommon - nothing causes family drama like an old relative with a lot of money and not much time left.

The episode didn't detail Bob's relationship with his daughters, but it does sound like it was strained. Do we know if they had a good relationship even before the recent trust fund issue? Bob was planning on updating his will? Because I can easily see the trust fund 'meeting' turning into a giant argument, Bob threatening to write one or both daughters out of his will, and him ending up dead (either intentionally or accidentally).

At one point, Bob told his friend he had paid his daughters $15,000 each to stay away from him for 6 months (this was during the period where his first wife died early in 2008, and before he was reunited with Fontelle in mid-2009, I think). Police have also stated these payments took place.

Fontelle says that Bob told her on the phone (just before he disappeared) that he was going to add her to his will and his daughters were upset by this and were suggesting the marriage should be annulled. It seems one daughter had also made a (second) report of elder abuse at the time, but officials didn't check it out until after Bob went misssing. It's not clear who the abuse complaint concerned. Daughters say the family meeting about inheritance the day before Bob vanished was only about their mother's will, and was good natured - not heated. Bob made a lot of notes, but the only one police found was one reminding himself to add Fontelle to his accounts. It didn't say anything about his will or trust. The trust was a joint one, made by Bob and his first wife.

It may be worth noting though that Bob's house was in no way sealed as a crime scene after he disappeared. In fact, the opposite was true. The day after he vanished, his daughters gave the house a thorough clean-up in preparation for Fontelle's return from Missouri. Bob's youngest daughter (son in law's wife) knew where his safe keys were kept. I think it's fair to say there might be at least a possibility an important note may have been thrown away by accident, during all that preparation.

I see the remains of Hollywood executive, Gavin Smith (missing since 2012) have been located in Los Angeles Nat. Park, near Palmdale. And only now are police revealing a little of the evidence and information they've had all along, leading them to believe his death was a homicide (In contrast to the linked article, police said this morning at a presser that they did find clear evidence in his vehicle). It sounds like there are pretty clear signs of fatal trauma on Gavin's skeletal remains, and that an arrest might follow sooner rather than later.

This has interesting parallels with what will happen in Bob's case, when he's found, I think.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ssing-for-2-years-found-in-california-forest/

Bob was the 1st person I thought of when I saw the news article. I wish I was able to work Bob's case with you gals & guys; but there are too many similarities with my own life when my dad passed from cancer. Praying that 2015 brings news that Bob's remains have been found & that not only can he be laid to rest; that someone pays for the crime. Let this be the last holiday season that Bob is away.

I would like to share Bob on the FB page Still Seek Answers & I run called Never Forget Me, I would appreciate if someone can point me in the direction to the current summery with links as well as his flier. I also posted in CA Poster: MISSING - Bob Harrod - California - 2009

Your post in flier thread
July 2013: Another BOLO flyer

Is this the most current flier? I'd like to share Bob on the FB page Still Seek Answers & I run called Never Forget Me. Also let me know where to find the current summery so that I can paste it in

Want to leave thi8s for myself when I'm ready to upload to NFM CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3