CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, zwiebel-from your first mine link there appears to be one in Placentia either on or near 91. This is the approx Lat:33.85095288 Long: -117.85075844
ORIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, lol....what does this mean??

Thank you so much believe09 - and please don't ask what I mean when I'm doing maps because I have no idea! I usually just follow my best boy everywhere, he's the furry kind and always manages to bring me home!

Oh wow believe09, I must be the worst person in the world to be doing this as I managed to get those co-ords to take me to Kashmir, Pakistan! OT but, that's just East of Islamabad where I was sent for a writing job once. Interesting but a little strange as I saw only two other women the entire time I was there.

Oh I could be completely wrong-I just copied off of the bottom of the mine map, lol.

Let's try again-

Got it-

Mine ID 91-30-0007
RJ Noble
Sand and Gravel
Lat 33.8500
Long -117.8500

Nope I'm sure it's me. Am also hoping a sometimes lurker who works away from home and is BRILLIANT at maps and locations will be tempted to join and help us out here......Mr Zwiebel, where are you?

Thanks so much believe09, who needs Mr Zwiebel when we've got us?

Okay, got there in the end. Here's the address for maps:

15505 E. Lincoln Ave Orange, California 92856 USA

After all that though, it doesn't look right to me - too many houses nearby, too open and a relatively small area of land to hide anything in.

Agreed. I think there are many other places that are better suited towards disposing items.

:(

I have to tell you, zwiebel, your aunt's case has been haunting me. That would surely be something if Bob was there the whole time.

I doubt it, but it would sure be something.

I know, it's the first thing I always think of. That's why I asked earlier if Bob's and the neighbours' empty house were checked too. On the sat maps though, it looks like the gardens are small, overlooked and tidy. Anything disturbed should have been noticed straight away, I think. Then I think of the Fred West case in England, where he buried his own daughter and others in a tiny yard, with a house full of people too. Anything is possible.

I think there are many valid points to this profile. Bob's case may be slightly complicated when you consider the number of players who are/were out of work and then those who stopped working shortly after his disappearance.

At the minimum, it seems worth considering who might have been working inside the home (meaning employment wise) and who was some where that day where they were interacting with co workers. And that goes for everyone associated with Bob I would think.

I have always believed this is why BL and her family were cleared so early-they could definitively prove where they were at the time and LE was satisfied with whatever they presented as proof.

At the very least JeM, JuM and PB were out of work. It would be interesting to know if AH was working outside of the home. Didnt RB retire shortly after Bob's disappearance? Clearly Mrs Harrod was not working, but then again she was out of the state.

What a reasonable and well thought out post. I am sure with clear thinking like that we could create a personalized profile specifically for this case, that would be much more helpful.
I do think the money issue has been both a help and hindrance in this case; a help because it speaks to a motive; hindrance because it has allowed focus to be diverted from the obvious, so to speak. And perhaps allowed some people to ignore their conscience when, without the money, they might otherwise have come forward with information or suspicions.

So, if we're to create a profile just for this case, could we take the three following points as certainties? I would really like others' opinions as I am a newbie and have already made a fool of myself with the maps.

1: Within 3/4 days LE ruled out a 'walkaway'.
2: Within 3/4 days LE ruled out a stranger abduction.
3: Within 3/4 days LE suggested money as a motive.

:twocents:No-one has said I'm wrong yet, so I'm going with the theory LE have only ever seriously considered a very select group of people Bob saw on a regular basis. I've included them all as far as I know them, NOT because I am suggesting they are all suspects but for purposes of elimination too! I've also tried to base my answers on the few facts we have. For example, there may be 1,000s of people in OC who had the opportunity to be at Bob's house that day, but what is the EVIDENCE someone was?
All corrections very welcome!
Profile questions/answers/scores in next post as don't want one post to be that long.

Theory - Bob was abducted by someone who knew him, who drove a vehicle, who stood to gain financially from his disappearance/death.*

1: Who were the small circle of people surrounding Bob?
PB, RB, JuM, JeM, AH, FH, BL, CL, PE (neighbour), ON (other neighbours with key).

2: Who may have had access to Bob's house?
JeM, JuM (ented when he was not there), ON (had keys).

3: Who had opportunity to be there the day Bob disappeared?
JeM, CL(were there).

4: Who had a motive (money per LE suggestion) AND has gained since Bob disappeared?
PB, RB, JeM, JuM, AH, FH.

5: Who stood to gain if Bob had NOT disappeared?
BL, CL (lost job), FH.

6: Who had a vehicle and could drive?
PB, RB, JuM, JeM, AH, BL, CL (?), PE.

7: Who knew for certain Bob was in his house that day?
JeM, CL, PB.

8: Who knew the area?
PB, RB, JuM, JeM, AH, BL, CL, PE, ON.

9: Who missed work after disappearance?
JeM.

10: Who missed commitment to family member/appointment after disappearance?
Jem.

11: Who left town?
AH, JeM ( if you count never returning to house).

12: Who showed no interest?
JeM.

13: Who showed intense interest?
Unknown.

14: Who turned to alcohol, drugs?
Unknown.

15: Who changed vehicle?
JuM.

16: Who Knew Bob's schedule?
JeM, JuM, AH, BL, CL.

Just have to add the scores up now. There will be one point for each time a set of initials appear in an answer, except for number 5 where a point will be DEDUCTED. Ratings will go from high to low. The ratings will be in another post, eventually. Just a warning that math is not my strong point so expect some mistakes!

Oh, IIRC JuM and JeM got JuM a new vehicle. From memory she traded in her mercedes for a Rav4? JeM still drives the same Honda Ridgeline pu truck afaik.

PE was half a country away at the time. I find it interesting Bob's disappearance occured after PE moved. PE moved a few days prior to Bob's disappearance. I can't imagine Bob not talking about his best friend moving. That leads me to believe whomever disappeared Bob knew when PE would have been moved out and not keeping an eye on his elderly neighbor. Hence the day chosen.

Whoever disappeared Bob had to know his schedule fairly well. Well enough to know PE moved and well enough to know the CL lady's usual day was Tuesday.

Here are the ratings ( please check!). For anyone offended, please note that ANY of us who can drive and say, had a day sick from work/missed an appointment that day, would also score 2. I score 3 - I drive, am sure I messed up some schedule that day and I definitely left town around then; country, in fact! Any info I missed, please feel free to copy and amend.

Scores;
PB: 11
RB: 11
JuM: 111111
JeM: 1111111111
AH: 111111
FH: 11
BL: 111
CL: 11111
PE: 11
ON: 11

Ratings; High to Low.
JeM: 10
AH: 6
JuM: 6
CL: 5
BL: 3
PB, RB, FH, PE, ON: all score 2.
ETA: FH's score should actually be 1 with a deduction, I think.

If anyone knows a statistician please get them to look at the ratings; I would LOVE to know the statistical difference between the chances of someone scoring 2 (thousands and thousand, I think) and say, 10. That's where the real difference would shine out. I have no hope of ever being able to work that out though!

I don't think JeM was working at the time of Bob's disappearance. IIRC his wife had posted something on her community forum in April of 2009 that he had been laid off.

Here's another question. If JeM was not working as of April of 2009 why did he wait until the day following a heated family discussion over his father in laws money to do these odd jobs at his FIL's home? Mrs. Harrod had flown back to Missouri approximately 3 weeks prior to Mr. Harrod's disappearance. If she was in MO packing her things for appx 3 weeks, why wait until appx 48 hours prior to her expected return to do odd jobs around the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder