CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine calling your father "selfish" and "conditional" after all he had done for them.....These people take the cake....Ugh!

Agreed! Selfish-because he wanted to keep some of his hard-earned money rather than giving it to them? Conditional- because he probably wanted them to keep a civil tongue in their heads and not hassle him to distraction?

Poor Bob. He deserved better.

I would love to see the super secret docs as well. I really wish that I could see Georgia's will. But most of all, I just really wish we could see Bob being brought home to RIP.

I'd love to see Georgia's will too. Perhaps gitana1 will copy that file as well when she has the time to do so. I'll pull the case # over and add it to this post shortly.

30-2008-00068771-PR-OP-LJC
HARROD-SAFEKEEPING WILL
04/01/2008 PROBATE OTHER PROBATE MATTER

Participants Results 1 - 1 of 1000000000000
Name Type Start Date End Date Current Attorney
GEORGIA M HARROD DECEDENT 05/14/2008

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPub...-00068771-PR-OP-LJC&src=case_src_dtl#top_page

There were a bunch of people at this family meeting-it was heated, for sure, because LE reports this and RB indicated that her father was selfish and conditional at the family meeting. We know that RB and PB found out that they were in as successor trustees and JuM was out. That alone might have wound everyone up, but topping it off with the statement that he would be adding Fontelle to his estate planning....well, it sounds like a tinderbox to me.

The grandson seemed to think so too. He told LE there had been fighting in the family, which is a degree or two above heated, if you ask me.
ETA: What are the chances JuM took the trustee decision with calm, kind understanding of her father's wishes?

It is worth noting too, that if Bob had a life insurance policy it will almost certainly go straight into the family trust the moment he is declared dead. That could be a large amount of cash.

It is worth noting too, that if Bob had a life insurance policy it will almost certainly go straight into the family trust the moment he is declared dead. That could be a large amount of cash.

Now TBH, that is an angle I havent considered. Although, they need to wait until he is declared dead.

Without a doubt, LE knows who is the beneficiary of that policy/policies. I wonder if Georgia had life insurance too and who the beneficiary of her policy was?

Now TBH, that is an angle I havent considered. Although, they need to wait until he is declared dead.

Without a doubt, LE knows who is the beneficiary of that policy/policies. I wonder if Georgia had life insurance too and who the beneficiary of her policy was?

From what I could see on the link gitana1 posted, both parties' insurance policies would have to be paid into the trust.

So I wonder if Georgia's went into the ByPass or the Survivors side. Must have been the Survivors side, I would think. IIRC the ByPass was/is Georgia's share of the marital assets.

Just a by the way, I think it's a shame that Bob was a marines Vet at Camp Pendleton, a member of the Monrovia Masons and is missing, yet there seems to have been no activity on his behalf. Those organisations are usually quite supportive. I am sure the family will ask for their support eventually because it's only been three years, but I've tagged these orgs to make it easy for them to find us, just in case.
If you're reading here guys, a brother could do with some help!

Just a by the way, I think it's a shame that Bob was a marines Vet at Camp Pendleton, a member of the Monrovia Masons and is missing, yet there seems to have been no activity on his behalf. Those organisations are usually quite supportive. I am sure the family will ask for their support eventually because it's only been three years, but I've tagged these orgs to make it easy for them to find us, just in case.
If you're reading here guys, a brother could do with some help!

I approached the Masons after one of our sleuthers here asked me to take a look at this case. They were perfectly content to let law enforcement handle this. I thought it was a very sad response.

I approached the Masons after one of our sleuthers here asked me to take a look at this case. They were perfectly content to let law enforcement handle this. I thought it was a very sad response.

believe09, gitana1 was so right when he/she spoke out about the work and resources you have put in. I would attempt to put one of those smilies giving thanks here now, but I'd probably get a star. Can I thank you on Bob's behalf though, I'm sure he'd want to?

Wish we could just call in the marines!

And it's also a clue, isn't it, those slippers beside the bed where he left them?

The CL said he hadn't made his bed that morning and that was highly unusual. So, let's picture it; Bob leaps out of bed that morning, dons his all-white outfit (or maybe stays in his pyjamas, nobody seems sure) and, what? Puts on his outdoor shoes, in the bedroom? If he was rushing about in the house doing stuff, I'd have thought he would have worn his slippers. The other pics show a lot of carpet in his house - wouldn't he have worn his slippers? - or have you guys invented carpets that never need cleaning in that big old country of yours?

If he was going out and needed to change into outdoor shoes, wouldn't they have been downstairs? Because to me it makes no sense that a person would keep oudoor shoes up in the bedroom, so that if they were going out, they would have to go upstairs and exchange slippers for shoes, then track dirt right down the stairs before leaving.

IMO, if Bob went out that day of his own accord, his slippers would have been by the front door. If Bob had gone downstairs that day, of his own accord, and been abducted and left his slippers behind they would have been downstairs. Beside the bed is somewhere I leave my slippers only at night, before hopping into bed.

I wonder now, by exactly what means Bob left his bed, the morning he disappeared.

And it's also a clue, isn't it, those slippers beside the bed where he left them?

The CL said he hadn't made his bed that morning and that was highly unusual.

I must have missed this when I was trying to read 10 threads. Can you link me to what the CL said. (I still thought she hadn't made any statements) TIA

I must have missed this when I was trying to read 10 threads. Can you link me to what the CL said. (I still thought she hadn't made any statements) TIA

Oh gosh, you of the so-fantastic name, I can guarantee I am the worst person on this thread to ask for links. You won't see me for days if I go looking, but I will try and it is definitely here somewhere - it's a link to the Disappeared programme on Bob that's about to air, where she spoke on camera about that day. They accidentally posted a preview too early and took it down, but we have a transcript here somewhere........off to look, though I know someone else will find and bump it long before me!

I am the least responsible for the resources put into this case, zwiebel-there has been an ever growing core group that has me awestruck, fwiw.

I will see if I can find the Disappeared Transcript and get it onto our documents thread...

Thanks so much, I guess I must have skipped a page to many. You :rocker:! Thanks again.

Copied from Cubby's post-

Bringing the disappeared video transcript over.

Originally posted by Cloudajo:

Looks like Bob's story will be on Disappeared (Season 5). A clip of the show is posted on their website (watch video at link below). Agnes the housekeeper is interviewed and appears in clip. I did my best to transcribe the clip below.

===

Disappeared Season 5 - Sign of Trouble (Bob Harrod)

Clip (3:23) – Posted 4/26/12

(transcribed below)

Narrator: But Jeff was not the only person at Bob’s house that day. Agnes, Bob’s housekeeper of more than 10 years, arrived around Noon. Normally, she cleans Bob’s house on Tuesday, but this week she’d arranged to come on Monday.

Agnes: And he said that will be fine, I will be here, and Jeff is coming and he’s gonna to take care of a couple of things in the house before Fontelle comes. So I went to the house, knocked on the door, nobody answered, I looked in the mailbox because that’s where he normally leaves me the key, the key wasn’t there, so I sat on the bench in front of the house.

Narrator: The situation made her very uneasy. Nothing like this had ever happened before.

Agnes: Bob always was home when I went over there, or if, him and Georgia, they would always always tell me if they would not be home, and they put a key in the mailbox. But it was a very rare occasion that they were not home.

Narrator: After about 15 minutes, Jeff drove up to the house.

Agnes: I told him right away that, you know, that where Bob is, because he’s not answering the door. And Jeff was just asking me, “Are you supposed to be here today?” I said, “Yeah, Bob knew that I’m coming today.”

Narrator: Agnes was surprised to hear that Bob didn’t tell Jeff that she would be coming that day. As Jeff let her in the house, she began to feel that something was very wrong.

Agnes: I was really concerned at that point, I was afraid to go upstairs, I didn’t want to find anything. So I asked Jeff if he would go upstairs and see if Bob was there.

Narrator: Agnes waited at the bottom of the stairs while Jeff went up to have a look around.

Agnes: I thought he’s just going to look into the room, it takes a minute to go up, look into the room, and just see if Bob was there or not. But he actually ended up spending a couple of minutes there, so I thought maybe, you know, he find something, he find him there or something. So I yelled up, I said, “Is he there, is he ok?” And he said, ‘No, he’s not here.” And then he came back.

Narrator: Uncertain about what to do next, Agnes began cleaning, while Jeff resumed his repairs. As she worked her way around the house, she noticed something disturbing.

Agnes: When I went upstairs, I saw that in his bedroom, the bed was unmade, and never in the 10 years I worked for them, that happened before. It was just so out of character for him to not to make the bed, I just thought it was very strange.

Narrator: Deeply troubled, Agnes finished up and left, shortly after Jeff, who had also completed his work.

Agnes: I was there all together about 3 hours. I can honestly tell you that during the whole time I was there, I was very concerned. I kept thinking, where is he at?

Video Clip: http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/disappeared-sign-of-trouble.html

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

I put it on the Docs thread so that it will be readily accessible. The reason the link is no longer active is because the network put the teaser up in error-they had the teaser on the website during season 4. Bob's show will be aired during season 5.

I am just rolling on the floor laughing because even though I said it would take me days to find the link, and someone would get there first, I actually found it! Had no idea how to bump it, so wrote it all out longhand carefully, came back to this thread and found......it's all done! And there I caught myself, actually stamping my foot! Shame on me.

believe09, we English are experts at deflecting thanks because that's our way.....but I'm telling you now, I'm thanking you directly for all the work you have put in on Bob's case. You deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics