CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparkyswife, I was trying very hard to post one of those cute welcome to our group things for you but my computer just won't do it. So glad your concern for Bob brought you out of long time lurking though.....if anyone can post one of those fancy welcomes on my behalf, please do!

Originally posted by Cloudajo:

Looks like Bob's story will be on Disappeared (Season 5). A clip of the show is posted on their website (watch video at link below). Agnes the housekeeper is interviewed and appears in clip. I did my best to transcribe the clip below.

===

Disappeared Season 5 - Sign of Trouble (Bob Harrod)

Clip (3:23) – Posted 4/26/12

(transcribed below)

Narrator: But Jeff was not the only person at Bob’s house that day. Agnes, Bob’s housekeeper of more than 10 years, arrived around Noon. Normally, she cleans Bob’s house on Tuesday, but this week she’d arranged to come on Monday.

Agnes: And he said that will be fine, I will be here, and Jeff is coming and he’s gonna to take care of a couple of things in the house before Fontelle comes. So I went to the house, knocked on the door, nobody answered, I looked in the mailbox because that’s where he normally leaves me the key, the key wasn’t there, so I sat on the bench in front of the house.

Narrator: The situation made her very uneasy. Nothing like this had ever happened before.

Agnes: Bob always was home when I went over there, or if, him and Georgia, they would always always tell me if they would not be home, and they put a key in the mailbox. But it was a very rare occasion that they were not home.

Narrator: After about 15 minutes, Jeff drove up to the house.

Above bolded by me. Long time lurker here that cannot keep my mouth shut any longer. :D FWIW If CL did arrive around noon, nothing about the day's "timeline" makes sense. The Home Depot reciept timestamp means nothing other than SIL went there.

Welcome out of lurkdom Sparkyswife! So glad you are following Bob's case and this mess of a timeline caused you to come out of lurkdom.

Maybe we should have 4 timelines - one for us ( for what we think is most realistic/likely) and one for each of the daughters? That could be quite enlightening.......

replying from the wii. This is weird.

Try reading the judge's ruling in the case the co-conservators brought against the BL. Between every line, I think I read a sort of disbelief: "you people had the nerve to bring this case to court???"

LOL-it is a classic. Thanks for reminding me-SCATHING...it was scathing.

:welcome5: Sparkyswife!!

Get ready for the :rollercoaster:...

Hello LotsaLatte, we welcome new thoughts on this thread!

Okay, I'll start with the separate timelines, as no-one else has taken the plunge:

JuM

'We're thinking maybe 1? Noon?'
'10ish?' (thanks Cubby)

Next please.....

Okay, I'll start with the separate timelines, as no-one else has taken the plunge:

JuM

'We're thinking maybe 1? Noon?'

Next please.....

I think we'd need a spread sheet for this...... Even JuM's inconsistencies were kind of all over the place. The same day she appeared in the MSM video she posted on her community forum her dad had been missing about 28 hours (iirc) which made the last time closer to the 10 am call.

Now that I am thinking about it, I'm really curious if the CVS was in Placentia or near RS. I'd almost guess if it was near RS that would put him near Placentia closer to the timeline from the CL. But if it were closer to noon he first got there, what caused the need for the repairs in Bob's home and could he have gotten a call from his son asking for dad's help?
We don't know where the grandson was the morning of Bob's disappearance. That would almost explain the inconsistencies among Bob's daughters, if only the sil and grandson knew the truth....

Just thinking outloud.....

If the SIL first got there just after the CL maybe he knew the back door was unlocked because the grandson left it unlocked and told him he left it unlocked?

If the grandson doesn't have a rock solid alibi for his whereabouts the morning of Bob's disappearance, I could almost make this feasibly work.... with a phone call from the grandson to the sil because he, uh, broke something in grandpa's house, which the SIL came dth to fix.

Hypothetically instead of SIL being in the house when Bob disappeared, AH was Cubby? Interesting. It might take care of all of those timeline discrepancies.

Then we have to consider the well being check where AH pointed the finger at his own family by mentioning the fighting.

If he did that deliberately vs innocently...that is stone cold.

If the SIL first got there just after the CL maybe he knew the back door was unlocked because the grandson left it unlocked and told him he left it unlocked?

If the grandson doesn't have a rock solid alibi for his whereabouts the morning of Bob's disappearance, I could almost make this feasibly work.... with a phone call from the grandson to the sil because he, uh, broke something in grandpa's house, which the SIL came dth to fix.

The brief glimpse I got of the map looked like all the pharmacies were clustered around Placentia itself. I'll definitely post it tomorrow.

Son might well have helped Dad with his repairs - lifting heavy things like toilets are always easier and quicker with two. And he lived so close.

Dad could easily have dropped in on Bob's to finish what son started.......correction. NOT finish, he never returned to the house after that day, did he? Despite the note he left saying he'd come back to finish up.

By the way, I hate to disagree with you Cubby, but I haven't felt the need for a spreadsheet at all yet. For example, I can do SIL's publicly stated timeline in a single line:

JeM:

Hypothetically instead of SIL being in the house when Bob disappeared, AH was Cubby? Interesting. It might take care of all of those timeline discrepancies.

Then we have to consider the well being check where AH pointed the finger at his own family by mentioning the fighting.

BBM. Hypothetically, yes. It could explain the timeline discrepancies.... and honestly, it hadn't and wouldn't have occured to me without the additional info and idea's our new/er posters have offered in this thread. It's really turning some wheels in directions I had not previously considered, so thanks again to all the newcomers! And guest readers, please consider joining us, we'd love to hear from you too!

I'm not sure that AH's comment to LE was anything other than one of those little bits of truth coming out among a lot of misinfo, or lies. I hadn't really given his statement to LE much thought. Just started thinking about this possible scenario this afternoon after reading the newcomers comments.

BBM

See, that would be the sort of coldness that makes me want to just shake people who think they may have a murderous person among them and do nothing, because of love, and they're safe.

I can never forget when my uncle came out of prison and came to see my Mom - I knew after all those years of her blind loyalty, her faith and waiting for that 'explanation' he would at least be bitterly sorry and ashamed and apologise. For what he'd done and how he'd lied to those he loved and damaged them so much.

Instead he said nothing. Except that acid drop about standing on my aunt's grave, not forgetting the little smile.

That's when I decided murderers grow a little bit of ice in their hearts and, no matter how much they love you and how lovely they are, you can never, ever, ever trust them again.

Someone willing to kill another human being for money (or access to money) is probably pretty cold.

And I say that even though I believe that what motivated Bob's killer to be fear. Not the sort of screaming panicking in the moment fear but the sort of fear that was more like... discomfort? a problem that existed that had one obvious solution?

Someone willing to kill another human being for money (or access to money) is probably pretty cold.

And I say that even though I believe that what motivated Bob's killer to be fear. Not the sort of screaming panicking in the moment fear but the sort of fear that was more like... discomfort? a problem that existed that had one obvious solution?

I can certainly see a sort of fear apparent in that inventory list of things in Bob's house. A really deep-seated fear of the bio family losing anything (no matter how small) they regarded as 'rightfully' theirs. But I also see it coupled with a vindictiveness, maybe thirst for vengeance, against those they believe have tried to do this. Hence the demand for FH to keep the expensive chair elevator, dangerous for anyone with a sight problem, the past and current court filings and, of course, the horrible things said about Bob after he disappeared.

It's a bit frightening really, which is why I think anyone who has put themselves on the line in this case, on the side of right, is very courageous.

OK guys, here's the map showing the route from SIL's likely starting point in Running Springs to Carnation Drive, and all the CVS pharmacies along the way.

The driving distance is roughly 75 miles and should take about an hour and a half.

8141940162_726e72d143_b.jpg

Although there's loads of pharmacies, there are really only a few that wouldn't require a detour off the highway, or going away from Bob's house if SIL stopped en route. If SIL was at Bob's house already, and left to go to the pharmacy, I'd presume he went to the nearest one - and would wonder why, if he didn't.
Any guesses anyone, on which pharmacy it might have been?

Well, if he is to be believed, according to page 49 of AH's deposition, he hadn't seen grandpa in quite a few days.:worms:

Excerpt AH deposition, partial transcript pages 49, 50 & 51, answers by AH.

9. Q. Do you recall when it was the last time you
10. saw Mr. Harrod?
11. A. Approximately a week before his disappearance.
12. Q. Give me a moment here.
13. Now, back in October of 2010, do you recall
14. making a phone call to me?
15. A. Yes.
16. Q. Do you remember our conversation?
17. A. Yes.
18. Q. Now, do you recall telling me that you wanted
19. to apologize for being too quick to judge the situation
20. against Fontelle?
21. A. It might have been a bit out of context, but I
22. remember apologizing.
23. Q. All right. Do you recall in particular
24. telling me that you felt pressured into choosing the
25. side of the trustees over Fontelle in this litigation?

Page 50

1. A. I remember feeling in the middle.
2. Q. You recall asking me for a referral to an
3. attorney?
4. A. I do.
5. Q. In the course of our conversation, did I say
6. or intimate to you in any way how you should testify in
7. this proceeding?
8. A. No.
9. Q. Do you recall telling me in the course of that
10. conversation that your aunts, as trustees, were doing
11. some things that did not sit well with you?
12. A. Yes.
13. Q. What did you mean by that?
14. A. I meant that I didn't believe that they were
15. following through with the intentions my grandfather
16. had.
17. Q. What is your understanding of the intentions
18. your grandfather had?
19. A. That my note was to be forgiven upon his death
20. or --
21. Q. At that time do you recall telling me that
22. they were threatening to take the house from you?
23. A. Yes.
24. Q. And do you recall telling me that you were
25. angry that your aunts had quit their jobs once they had

Page 51

1. been appointed trustees of the estate?
2. A. I don't recall that, no. I -- no, I don't
3. recall.
4. Q. Give me one second here, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics