CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Agnes: And he said that will be fine, I will be here, and Jeff is coming and he’s gonna to take care of a couple of things in the house before Fontelle comes. So I went to the house, knocked on the door, nobody answered, I looked in the mailbox because that’s where he normally leaves me the key, the key wasn’t there, so I sat on the bench in front of the house."

Ok excuse me if this has already been discussed but didn't the daughter say Jeff got there about 930ish. So if the CL called at 10 am shouldn't JeM already have been there. Or is just proof of another falsehood on the daughters part?

I was reading the transcript of the hearing regarding the long overdue accounting and didnt know whether to laugh or cry.

Did opposing counsel really say that the accounting was taking so long because "the objector" had the bank statements and woul not turn them over?

Are they saying Mrs harrod was the cause of their inability to file a timely accounting????

TIA I have only recently become involved in following Bob's case. Look forward to dlving into all the court docs.

"Agnes: And he said that will be fine, I will be here, and Jeff is coming and he’s gonna to take care of a couple of things in the house before Fontelle comes. So I went to the house, knocked on the door, nobody answered, I looked in the mailbox because that’s where he normally leaves me the key, the key wasn’t there, so I sat on the bench in front of the house."

Ok excuse me if this has already been discussed but didn't the daughter say Jeff got there about 930ish. So if the CL called at 10 am shouldn't JeM already have been there. Or is just proof of another falsehood on the daughters part?

The entire family seems to have shut themselves up in individual rooms and discussed the timeline only with their own selves, as far as I'm concerned. They've all come up with different timelines.
But you're absolutely right, JeM should have been there. So......?

I was reading the transcript of the hearing regarding the long overdue accounting and didnt know whether to laugh or cry.

Did opposing counsel really say that the accounting was taking so long because "the objector" had the bank statements and woul not turn them over?

Are they saying Mrs harrod was the cause of their inability to file a timely accounting????

TIA I have only recently become involved in following Bob's case. Look forward to dlving into all the court docs.

tlox, as the type of person who can actually look forward to diving into court docs, you are more welcome here than you could ever imagine. 10 hugs from me, for a start!

tlox, as the type of person who can actually look forward to diving into court docs, you are more welcome here than you could ever imagine. 10 hugs from me, for a start!

Thanks. IANAL but am a legal asst to one who whose areas of practice incude elder law, estate planning, trusts, etc.

So yeah, the docs are where its at for me ;)

As someone who works closely with the elderly, I am always on the lookout for elder abuse and I think Bob fell vicim to it, eventually lost his life to it.

Financial exploitation of the elderly is just disgusing to me.

Thanks. IANAL but am a legal asst to one who whose areas of practice incude elder law, estate planning, trusts, etc.

As someone who works closely with the elderly, I am always on the lookout for elder abuse and I think Bob fell vicim to it, eventually lost his life to it.

In that case, I think you may have found a natural home here.

Bob was a good businessman, nobody's fool, but he was also loyal and trusting of the people close to him. I think some of them repaid him with betrayal, deceit, even violence and death. That's just IMO.

Warning to tlcox - take an aspirin before you start.

jmo

Thank you for your interest in this special mans case, tlcox. If we can help direct you to anything let us know. It's so good to see new/er eyes on this case.

Praying Bob is brought home and the person responsible held accountable to the fullest extend of the law soon. :praying:

I am just rolling on the floor laughing because even though I said it would take me days to find the link, and someone would get there first, I actually found it! Had no idea how to bump it, so wrote it all out longhand carefully, came back to this thread and found......it's all done! And there I caught myself, actually stamping my foot! Shame on me.

believe09, we English are experts at deflecting thanks because that's our way.....but I'm telling you now, I'm thanking you directly for all the work you have put in on Bob's case. You deserve it.

Just an fyi... If you want to carry over a post from a closed thread, I copy and paste and then highlight and quote from the quote box above the posting area. I also like to add a link to the post I am carrying over. To link an individual post, click on the post number. A new window will open to the individual post and you can copy the link that way.

hth

IIRC, the 10 am call was added to a MSM article in a comment by the journalist who wrote the article. I only started following this case just prior to the 1st anniversary of Bob's disappearance, a few have followed since the beginning. Hopefully those who have followed since day one can clarify where the 10 am and 9:30 ish came in. I think the 9:30 ish came from an am receipt the SIL had from a CVS. We don't know if the CVS was local to Bob's home in Placentia, or to the SIL's home in Running Springs.

hth

The entire family seems to have shut themselves up in individual rooms and discussed the timeline only with their own selves, as far as I'm concerned. They've all come up with different timelines.

Kind of a theme-

JeM is always in the house with Bob when anyone calls, according to the timeline provided by these three women.

And yet-Bob disappeared...supposedly when JeM wasnt around.

When wasnt he around?

From 930-1130 or so he was there. He "returned" when CL showed up just after 12pm. But Bob disappeared between noon and one according to JuM, yet JeM saw him at 130PM. He and CL were in the house together from after 12PM until they were finished with their tasks.

CL didnt see Bob at 130PM apparently.

:great::great::great:

:welcome4:

Oh boy, have we been wishing on a star for someone like you. Between you and gitana1, I am hoping we can start untangling these probate cases.

Originally posted by Cloudajo:

Looks like Bob's story will be on Disappeared (Season 5). A clip of the show is posted on their website (watch video at link below). Agnes the housekeeper is interviewed and appears in clip. I did my best to transcribe the clip below.

===

Disappeared Season 5 - Sign of Trouble (Bob Harrod)

Clip (3:23) – Posted 4/26/12

(transcribed below)

Narrator: But Jeff was not the only person at Bob’s house that day. Agnes, Bob’s housekeeper of more than 10 years, arrived around Noon. Normally, she cleans Bob’s house on Tuesday, but this week she’d arranged to come on Monday.

Agnes: And he said that will be fine, I will be here, and Jeff is coming and he’s gonna to take care of a couple of things in the house before Fontelle comes. So I went to the house, knocked on the door, nobody answered, I looked in the mailbox because that’s where he normally leaves me the key, the key wasn’t there, so I sat on the bench in front of the house.

Narrator: The situation made her very uneasy. Nothing like this had ever happened before.

Agnes: Bob always was home when I went over there, or if, him and Georgia, they would always always tell me if they would not be home, and they put a key in the mailbox. But it was a very rare occasion that they were not home.

Narrator: After about 15 minutes, Jeff drove up to the house.

Above bolded by me. Long time lurker here that cannot keep my mouth shut any longer. :D FWIW If CL did arrive around noon, nothing about the day's "timeline" makes sense. The Home Depot reciept timestamp means nothing other than SIL went there.

Try reading the judge's ruling in the case the co-conservators brought against the BL. Between every line, I think I read a sort of disbelief: "you people had the nerve to bring this case to court???"

This reminds me of an exercise a statistic professor does at the beginning of each semester. He divides his class in half. One half is given a coin and told to write down the results of 100 coin flips on one blackboard.

The other half is told to make up the results of 100 coin flips and try to make them as random as possible. Then the professor leaves the room for 15 minutes.

When he comes back, he looks at both blackboard and identifies which one was the results of coin flips, which was the result of trying to make up 100 random coin flips. And he's right every single time.

In real life, the coin flips will go for relatively long stretches with one result, say 12 heads up in a row. The people making up results try too hard to make it seem random, so they never write down that many heads up in a row.

How does this apply? In real life, witnesses to the same event don't agree on all details. Sometimes they actually contradict each other, with neither side intentionally lying. So when LE interviews a bunch of witnesses, one thing that will seem hinky is if all the witness statements agree in every detail.

What you describe seems more like a group of people trying to act like they didn't get together to synchronise their statements. It's too random.

IIRC, the 10 am call was added to a MSM article in a comment by the journalist who wrote the article. I only started following this case just prior to the 1st anniversary of Bob's disappearance, a few have followed since the beginning. Hopefully those who have followed since day one can clarify where the 10 am and 9:30 ish came in. I think the 9:30 ish came from an am receipt the SIL had from a CVS. We don't know if the CVS was local to Bob's home in Placentia, or to the SIL's home in Running Springs.

hth

I just roused Mr Zwiebel from his sickbed to help me create a great map showing CVS pharmacies and the route from Running Springs to Placentia. Before I could post it, my computer decided to go to bed, and so did Mr Zwiebel.

He has promised to help me again, when it's morning here, and he will use a decent computer (ie, not mine). What I managed to see, before everything went black, is there doesn't appear to be any CVS Pharmacies in Running Springs, or anywhere en route, until you enter the outer suburbs of Placentia itself. So it looks like JeM would have been within a few minutes drive, but will have to let you know later.

Just a thought here, can the timeline in docs be updated to reflect the CL noon visit and the "Nastygram" sent on 17 July 2009 by RB to Bob's attorney?

Just a thought here, can the timeline in docs be updated to reflect the CL noon visit and the "Nastygram" sent on 17 July 2009 by RB to Bob's attorney?

I bet cloudajo or Angelo could do it, Sparkyswife. Hopefully they'll do it as that deserves a place in history.
By the way, so nice to see you posting here!

BBM
Respectfully snipped.
Above bolded by me. Long time lurker here that cannot keep my mouth shut any longer. :D FWIW If CL did arrive around noon, nothing about the day's "timeline" makes sense. The Home Depot reciept timestamp means nothing other than SIL went there.

I so agree. That always bothered me until believe09 gave me a clue what that receipt might mean - a cma receipt, is what it is, that doesn't work very well!

This reminds me of an exercise a statistic professor does at the beginning of each semester. He divides his class in half. One half is given a coin and told to write down the results of 100 coin flips on one blackboard.

The other half is told to make up the results of 100 coin flips and try to make them as random as possible. Then the professor leaves the room for 15 minutes.

When he comes back, he looks at both blackboard and identifies which one was the results of coin flips, which was the result of trying to make up 100 random coin flips. And he's right every single time.

In real life, the coin flips will go for relatively long stretches with one result, say 12 heads up in a row. The people making up results try too hard to make it seem random, so they never write down that many heads up in a row.

How does this apply? In real life, witnesses to the same event don't agree on all details. Sometimes they actually contradict each other, with neither side intentionally lying. So when LE interviews a bunch of witnesses, one thing that will seem hinky is if all the witness statements agree in every detail.

What you describe seems more like a group of people trying to act like they didn't get together to synchronise their statements. It's too random.

Do you know what, GrainneDhu, that's given me an idea. Maybe we should create three different timelines, one for each sister. See how they compare.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member