CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else in the family use her to clean their houses? Usually cleaning ladies are a referral type service-for example, one of her clients probably recommended her to Bob and Georgia.

Good question. Particularly since JeM and JuM used to live near Bob and Georgia. And AH lived just around the corner, but as he clearly had financial problems, I hope he'd be doing his own house cleaning.

Then again, if he didn't have to pay his mortgage, he could afford it.

o/t Grainne, another body has just been found. Check the thread just started by dylansmom34. They are discussing the possibility it may be your friend Kim. Sorry. :(

Good question. Particularly since JeM and JuM used to live near Bob and Georgia. And AH lived just around the corner, but as he clearly had financial problems, I hope he'd be doing his own house cleaning.

Then again, if he didn't have to pay his mortgage, he could afford it.

Can't remember for certain now, but I think JeM and JuM left Placentia in 2005? So if she did ever work for them, it would not have been in the previous 4 years. Doubt she would have travelled out to Running Springs to work.

Just a feeling, but I think Bob's family might not have known much about the CL at all. They didn't seem to have much connection with the practical, 'looking after his welfare' aspects of his life at all. Except those home repairs, of course.

Can't remember for certain now, but I think JeM and JuM left Placentia in 2005? So if she did ever work for them, it would not have been in the previous 4 years. Doubt she would have travelled out to Running Springs to work.

Just a feeling, but I think Bob's family might not have known much about the CL at all. They didn't seem to have much connection with the practical, 'looking after his welfare' aspects of his life at all. Except those home repairs, of course.

Interesting. I dont know why, but I kind of feel that CL was shared-PB and RB were in the area as well. JuM and JeM lived next door for a period of time. Something about this family dynamic lends itself to the image of them having the same CL.

I bet CL has a few stories to tell for sure.

'Body found in Creek....identification may be impossible'

I don't think this discovery has been mentioned here, has it? It's from late November. Why would they say identification might be impossible?

http://www.mountain-news.com/news/article_b31d3354-39bc-11e2-93b7-001a4bcf887a.html

My guess would be that the skeletal remains were too degraded to be likely to yield a good sample for DNA and there wasn't enough of the skull and/or jaws left to do a dental comparison (teeth are also a source of quite durable DNA).

He was found 'about 90 per cent in water'. Bodies keep better in water than the open air, don't they? So he must have been there for a long time. Possibly years?

I hope he is identified.

That article also quotes an officer as saying nobody has been reported missing. What about Bob? Or does he mean nobody local, and Placentia missing are too far away to count?

He was found 'about 90 per cent in water'. Bodies keep better in water than the open air, don't they? So he must have been there for a long time. Possibly years?

I hope he is identified.

Depends on the specific environment.

In general, bodies are better preserved in deep water. If they are on the edge of the water, then they are in an edge habitat that exposes them to more scavenging, higher microbe levels, etc.

That article also quotes an officer as saying nobody has been reported missing. What about Bob? Or does he mean nobody local, and Placentia missing are too far away to count?

Yep. I can't remember how local is defined but it's usually something like 15 or 30 miles. Statistically, most missing persons are found fairly close to the last place they were seen, something along the lines of within 30 miles.

If this body does yield a DNA sample, it doesn't matter how far it was from Placentia, Bob's DNA is in the system and will be included in any potential matches.

Maybe because Christmas is a time for giving, my thoughts have turned to all those possessions of Bob's that were 'gifted' to his family. That is, the ones that he hadn't just borrowed from them in the first place.

Without getting bogged down in endless nuances of trust law again, as far as I can see a trust is a vehicle all on its own. Once you put everything in there, you can't just start taking bits and pieces out willy nilly. The whole purpose of a trust is to keep the taxman away, but to ensure that, you have to make sure what goes in the trust, stays in the trust.

Now I thought, when you put a property and its contents in a trust - like Carnation Drive - that's where it stays. But it hasn't in this case, has it? The memorabilia list tells us so. So, just taking a couple of valuable things; the classic car went to AH, the stamp and coin collections to his children and the kruggerands to JUM?

I don't get this. Were all those items part of the trust or not? If they've all been distributed to individuals, then surely the trust has lost ownership and how will that be reconciled in the accounts? If they were not part of the trust and Bob made an individual will stating who those items were to go to, why wasn't that will produced?

Does this mean the conservators have a duty to estimate the value of those trust items that have been given away, and replace their monetary value into the trust? If not, what else can be given away? The houses? The investments? Also -call me cynical if you like-but apart from the words of Bob's daughters, is there any other proof out there that Bob did want his possessions distributed in this way, or that the items they said belonged to them, really did?

Anyway, if it is possible to make individual gifts from the trust, it would be a nice gesture if Mrs Harrod was gifted Carnation Drive for Christmas. After all, it is her and Bob's marital home. And no-one should know for certain that Bob isn't coming home for Christmas, should they?

Let me take a moment to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays to those of you who dont celebrate Christmas-I am awestruck by everyone's devotion to this case.

Mrs Harrod, I wish you a peaceful holiday and I hope there is some comfort for you knowing that there are many who are in your corner.

Bob, Merry Christmas wherever you are. I like to think of you keeping close to Fontelle and watching over her during this dark time...

JM13_believe_in_love_in_peace_rectangular_magent.jpg

believe, that was lovely.

Mrs Harrod, I echo believe's good wishes for you. I would try and post a nice card, but it would all go wrong. Bob is not alone, not abandoned, will not be forgotten. I am so sorry that your second chance of happiness with Bob was snatched away. Your loyalty and kindness has shown he couldn't have chosen a better wife for those years he should have had. A peaceful and loving (and loved) christmas to you.

Beautiful sentiments and expressed so well. I concur with those thoughts and will continue to follow this thread, praying for justice here.

I know I should probably wait patiently, but I haven't. So whenever I look at the ID TV schedule, I get more confused. It looks like Disappeared airs several times in one week, then doesn't air again at all, for a few weeks. Is that the usual way they schedule?

Also, last time I looked, a couple of episodes from season six were due to be aired, which worried me because I thought Bob's programme had been missed out. But now those season six programmes have disappeared and I can't find any reference to them.

Am I going crazy or did anyone else see them too?

I've noticed the programming info on the web varies. Sometimes it's available weeks in advance, as of yesterday it is only showing through Christmas eve. I'm not sure why that is? Though, I did let my mind wander to perhaps not wanting to publish Bob's case airing too soon? Maybe let it be a surprise for the perp(s)?

It just seems a little weird Bob's appears to be the only case from Season 5 listed under the area that reads meet the missing. (the others were aired during season 4). I have seen nothing reading season 6. Though, as of late I'm really only looking at the tv listings schedule.

At one point, I was convinced Bob's programme was going to air Christmas Day. I don't mind waiting for a good reason (maybe to crank up the pressure for someone out there?) but I really hope there are no outside influences obstructing the airing of his show.

Am I worrying too much?

I am fairly new to websleuths, and stumbled across this case today. I think I am going to need at least a year to read all of the threads just to bring me up to speed. However OMG, I have just read the court inventory of what the family have put this poor woman through... The itemised list of contents ( practically the whole house) of their demands. Please could somebody tell me if these demands were met? Going back to the beginning now to start reading..

I am fairly new to websleuths, and stumbled across this case today. I think I am going to need at least a year to read all of the threads just to bring me up to speed. However OMG, I have just read the court inventory of what the family have put this poor woman through... The itemised list of contents ( practically the whole house) of their demands. Please could somebody tell me if these demands were met? Going back to the beginning now to start reading..

Welcome to WS!

As to the "memorabilia" list (what memories would a set of supposedly bridal sheets have that any normal daughter would be interested in???), yes, the house was stripped. They came with a moving van and, as far as I know, got everything they wanted.

Which was, well, everything.

Amazing how an 81 year old man hadn't apparently accumulated much in the way of possessions.

Welcome, so nice to have you here in Bob's thread!

Your post has brought back memories of how I felt when I first read that list. 's 'jaw' comment was just so, so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest