CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting and waiting and waiting, and hoping, that there would be some improvement in that useless facebook page, in time for the airing of Bob's 'Disappeared' episode.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen, though. Sad. Somebody should set up a website like bobharrodmissing.com or something, to make the most of the exposure when Bob's case airs.

Oh. Domain name not available.

Looks like somebody already has.

The thing is that even the venom being spewed will bring attention to Bob and his case. As long as they all continue their prolific rants against Bob, Fontelle and WS they will continue to draw attention to his case and send traffic here.

Works for me.

When Disappeared airs, all of the interested people who hit Google will start to see the same....the disparity, the lack of action, the lack of coherant/cohesive time line, the court docs.

Actually, that is some incentive to get more of them up before the show airs. Now we really need the SSA.

I agree. WS really works for me too. I hope everyone looking for info on Bob comes straight here when Disappeared airs. I know they will but, me and my worrying.....if we all get beamed up by Aliens (or even scarier, Kimster) right at the wrong time, I kinda like the idea of something being in reserve.

Call me stupid, I still haven't completely given up on the ufp, either.

What's an SSA?

ETA: answering my own question; it's a super secret agreement, stupid!

BBM~~~~

I don't think his daughters saw Mr. Harrod frequently. We know that in the months prior to his disappearance Mr. Harrod asked them to stay away.

Ahhhh, but according to his daughters, that was patently untrue. At least the part about Bob paying them to stay away for 6 months.

One of the things about a trust I read was that certain amounts of money could be gifted each year, to reduce tax. If this was done in Bob's case, I suppose the purpose of the gifting could be debated.

I believe a friend of Bob's said Bob had told him this. The friend was nothing but kind about both Bob and his daughters, so I think he gave that information in good faith.

Originally posted by CA Exile, PE- Bob's best friend and neighbor in Placentia.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1

Important Dates

05/96 Jeff and Julie move into neighborhood

07/98 We move into the neighborhood

06/99 Jeff and Julie's son moves into a house around the corner in the same neighborhood.

06/02 Bob and Georgia move in.

10/05 Jeff and Julie move out

03/08 Georgia Harrod passes away

Spring 2009 Sassie (their dog) is put to sleep.

05/09 Bob tells me about Fontelle.

05/09 We move out into an apartment until school is out to move to VA.

06/09 Fontelle comes to visit Bob and they get married.

07/19/09 Bob and I have a conversation together to say goodbye.

07/20/09 We leave CA to drive across the country to VA.

07/27/09 Bob disappears

07/29/09 I find out about Bob from a former neighbor. I remember because it was my wife's birthday. We were at a motel in Pigeon Forge, TN.

BBM, because this indicates PE had moved from his home on Carnation prior to Fontelle returning to MO to pack her things. I had thought he moved from his home on Carnation about a week prior to Bob's disappearance. Clearly that was not accurate so correcting here.

ATTORNEY FOR: Petitioner - BORCHER, PAULA S.

REGARDING CASE: 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC - HARROD - TRUST

CDD: April 5, 2012

PARTY NUMBER: MATTER: 71602222

HEARING SET FOR:
09:00 AM
January 16, 2013
DEPT
L73
Page 1 of 2

PER MINUTE ORDER DATED 11/14 CONTINUED TO 1/16. REQUIRES SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT AND NOTICE TO BE FILED ON OR BEFORE 11/28 AND SERVED ON ALL PARTIES.

PER MINUTE ORDER DATED 7/25, REQUIRES SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT TO BE FILED.

REVIEWED DATE: 7/18/12, 9/7

REQUIRES VERIFIED SUPPLEMENT STATING THE NAME, ADDRESS, AND AGE, OR WHETHER ADULT, FOR ALL TRUST BENEFICIARIES; SUFFICIENCY OF NOTICE CANNOT BE DETERMINED WITHOUT THIS SUPPLEMENT. (CRC 7.51(D), CRC 7.902).

REQUIRES: 30-DAYS MAILED NOTICE OF HEARING AND COPY OF PETITION TO AFFECTED BENEFICIARIES (INCOME AND REMAINDER). PC 17203/17403/17454.

REQUIRES VERIFIED SUPPLEMENT WITH COPY OF SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT. IF YOU WISH THE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT TO BE CONFIDENTIAL, A MOTION PER CALIFORNIA RULES OF COURT TO SEAL THE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT MUST BE FILED AND RULED UPON BEFORE THE COURT RULES ON THIS PETITION.

PARTIES OR ATTORNEYS ON THIS MATTER WISHING TO REQUEST A CONTINUANCE OR ASK QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PROBATE NOTES MAY DO SO BY FOLLOWING THE EMAIL GUIDELINES LOCATED ON THE PROBATE NOTES WEBPAGE LOCATED AT www.occourts.org.
https://cfapps.occourts.org/calenda...esv3/30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJCM71602222.html
More movement on the probate case. I *think* it applies to the SSA, but I am not sure.

Many thanks to the person who sent this to me.

I didn't see this question answered upthread- the SSA is the 'super secret agreement.' ;)
Although we should probably stop referring to it as such, since Social Security Administration could be easily confused!

Speaking of Social Security... do we have any info on cashing of Mr. Harrod's checks since his disappearance?

I didn't see this question answered upthread- the SSA is the 'super secret agreement.' ;)
Although we should probably stop referring to it as such, since Social Security Administration could be easily confused!

Speaking of Social Security... do we have any info on cashing of Mr. Harrod's checks since his disappearance?

I am about to post the hearing notes from December 2012. Both his pension payments and Social Security checks were stopped. :waitasec:

Now, the reduction of income of the trusts :)waitasec:) was one of the arguments presented by the other side as to why either the house needed to be rented or the stipend received by Mrs Harrod needed to be reduced.

(Sort of makes me wonder if Mrs Harrod was legally entitled to both but I dont know.)

It seems to be counterintuitive to stop the Social Security payments and the pension payments, doesnt it? Why not include them as an asset of the estate?

Now we need gitana1 for sure.

Respectfully snipped for space:
< Both his pension payments and Social Security checks were stopped. >

How...odd.
Mr. Harrod may well be alive and living in Panama or Missouri or Canada or wherever, according to law- correct?

So who gets it in their head to stop benefits for a live person on their behalf? And you're absolutely right, at least according to my estate attorney- shouldn't those payments have gone directly into the trust until Mr. Harrod is located or declared deceased?

Respectfully snipped for space:
< Both his pension payments and Social Security checks were stopped. >

How...odd.
Mr. Harrod may well be alive and living in Panama or Missouri or Canada or wherever, according to law- correct?

So who gets it in their head to stop benefits for a live person on their behalf? And you're absolutely right, at least according to my estate attorney- shouldn't those payments have gone directly into the trust until Mr. Harrod is located or declared deceased?

This is from the Undisputed Facts section of the Court Order:
2.) Monthly income has gone down due to the suspension of Bob's social security and pension payments. The Court is not informed as to when this decrease occurred, and in fact, it is not stated in the petition as one of the changed circumstances factors.

I would think that this has a huge impact on the income of the estate, but that is just me.

Thanks, believe.

How is it possible the IRS is not aware of the actual date(s) of the decrease???

I can't find anything about suspending social security payments for mps, but this website does say any change of circumstances, including marriage, must be notified. However, it also says a missing person is presumed dead after 7 years and it's then up to beneficiaries to prove that a person is alive.

http://socialsecurityhop.com/en/handbook/17/1721-when-is-a-missing-person-presumed-dead

I wonder if ss and private pensions have the same system as insurance companies? I think they put monies due into a special account until a date of death is declared.

So if I am understanding this correctly (which I'm not sure I am) Mr. Harrod's SS and pension payments were essentially discontinued; they didn't go into the trust, no one was cashing them, and the IRS hasn't accounted for them- after an unknown date, by an unknown person(s) but who are obviously not Mr. Harrod since he is missing and not declared deceased?

Is that accurate?

How does this happen??

So if I am understanding this correctly (which I'm not sure I am) Mr. Harrod's SS and pension payments were essentially discontinued; they didn't go into the trust, no one was cashing them, and the IRS hasn't accounted for them- after an unknown date, by an unknown person(s) but who are obviously not Mr. Harrod since he is missing and not declared deceased?

Is that accurate?

How does this happen??

It just doesn't sound right. How DOES this happen?

Just from a quick read through, it looks as though FH may have missed out on being able to make any claim as a widow, due to the Harrods being married less than nine months.

For the trust conservators, it looks as though as long as they provided notification in good time, money can be claimed back eventually, but a payout can only be given to the family by court order if a death certificate is not produced. Maybe they can afford to wait for that?

http://socialsecurityhop.com/en/han...widow-entitled-to-widowers-insurance-benefits

http://www.lifequotes.com/articles/...an-the-family-expect-a-life-insurance-payout/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay