Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this for a little light reading if anyone is interested:

HRD Dogs

Then we can hammer Oriah with questions ;)

I found this for a little light reading if anyone is interested:

HRD Dogs

Then we can hammer Oriah with questions ;)

I'm not reading this article as I've said I'm going to bed, so obviously I must have done.

But.

First thought that strikes me with the difficulties in obtaining and using samples for K9s is, why can't SAR organisations work in conjunction with the body farms you have?

Never,
Never,
Never,
Never,
Give up.
~Winston Churchill.

I think someone will. Oh, they might be motivated by a bigger slice of the pie or a slice at all. They might be motivated by a sudden moment of looking into the abyss and realizing they just cant do this anymore. It's never as bad as you think it will be...think of all those times when you were a kid or even an adult and you had done something that you had to confess and it seemed so daunting and huge.

This must be like that times 1 million. I have a friend who tells me frequently that the first one to the DA wins. In this case, that will be the person who can finally look themselves in the eye at that moment. You get props for doing the right thing. Even at this late date, you would score some points.

I cant imagine living my life waiting for the other shoe to drop. It must be awful.

...... I'd like to add the other side of the coin is someone telling themselves, damn, why didn't I do anything about that, when I had the chance to? There is a finite amount of time here. Once LE has this solved deals are almost certainly off the table.

When that time comes and push comes to shove with backs against the wall, if anyone thinks any of the 'inner circle' isn't going to be pointing fingers at the other, think again.

Funny you mentioned fires, earlier.
We had a fire here in the hills of Monrovia on Saturday, April 20th.
Having been at work at the time, KTLA contacted me and asked how my neighborhood was doing. I HAD NO IDEA I WAS IN THE MANDATORY EVACUATION ZONE.
Jamming home from work, I wasn't allowed up my street. I begged to be let go because I was at work and my sweet patoot was locked in at home. Nice popo let me go to my dog.
Anyways, supposedly this fire was started by a gardener. But, you never know.
The hills above Monrovia haven't burned hard in 55 years. We are ripe. Everyone would know that had lived/lives here.

I'm actually interested in the Mountain Lakes in Lytle Creek are near Rancho Cucamonga. I have fished there and it is up a pretty remote canyon. Major fire and floods there a few years ago. Wondering if JeM liked to fish? Or has a membership to this camp? Not that far from RS. Or Placentia. I will have to research what year the big fire was up there. Mr. Harrod went missing in July, correct? Prime flame time.

No, Tex has not been heard from in these parts for a bit. I will be out with his friends for Cinco tomorrow and will pester as well as I can.

Keep the Faith.

Having been at work at the time, KTLA contacted me and asked how my neighborhood was doing. I HAD NO IDEA I WAS IN THE MANDATORY EVACUATION ZONE.
Jamming home from work, I wasn't allowed up my street. I begged to be let go because I was at work and my sweet patoot was locked in at home. Nice popo let me go to my dog.
The hills above Monrovia haven't burned hard in 55 years. We are ripe. Everyone would know that had lived/lives here.

I'm actually interested in the Mountain Lakes in Lytle Creek are near Rancho Cucamonga. I have fished there and it is up a pretty remote canyon. Major fire and floods there a few years ago. Wondering if JeM liked to fish? Or has a membership to this camp? Not that far from RS. Or Placentia. I will have to research what year the big fire was up there. Mr. Harrod went missing in July, correct? Prime flame time.

No, Tex has not been heard from in these parts for a bit. I will be out with his friends for Cinco tomorrow and will pester as well as I can.

Keep the Faith.

:bow: Thank you charminglane. If Tex's friends do find a way to put the two of you together, any tidbits he wants to share would be so appreciated. One of the questions I would have would be whether or not RB filed a formal MP report for him or if she just mentioned his disappearance on the www.

Thanks Oriah! :) Do you know when that team north of BH's home will be making a K9 search?

I think it's likely the dump site was in the large canyon park I saw on a google map around Bob's residence or in the ocean. Both are about 35-40 mins away only. I think the perp(s) may have confiscated Bob's eyeglasses at some point to disorient him and make it that much harder for him to move about, locate where he is and how to find help...

Many teams keep searches confidential for a variety of reasons. I suspect Mr. Harrod's case will be one of those. HTH's.

What do you think about Chino Hills state park?

We looked at that earlier. It's pretty high traffic not that THAT means anything. There are bodies found often that have been right under someones' nose for days/weeks/ years. I often think of Chandra Levy.

But for some reason I think no on Chino Hills (not for any good reason- just that I know the park pretty well.)

BBM

Keep the Faith.

Could this be it? October 3rd, 2009?

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_13477607

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_13481511

Just before that there was also a fire in Burro Canyon shooting park, Azusa. I'm trying to find a news article on it.

I could see that the news of a fire in the area where the remains are might cause someone to relax significantly, but only because they might assume everything would be destroyed.

But my mind goes back to JuM's reaction during the discovery of the remains off of 330 last spring. So I sort of feel like that is a good marker regarding whether or not Bob's body was in the area at least as of last April. JMVHO.

Many teams keep searches confidential for a variety of reasons. I suspect Mr. Harrod's case will be one of those. HTH's.

Thanks. I take it that that's good news for Bob's case then -- that just because we the public have heard nothing may still mean LE and search teams had attempted to locate Bob...and that they're still searching for him. He deserves to be found I hope alive and well :)

My hubby says he still thinks Bob ran away to test his family and Fontelle's love for him. That he likely is hiding in an old military friend's property somewhere. He says they should search all properties Bob owned/owns and lived in as well as all his friends...What do I think?

I think my hubby is a hopeless romantic, even more so than me. I'm more inclined to believe that the fact that he disappeared the day after the heated Sunday family meeting is too coincidental for Bob to not have met with foul play with one or more of his family members involved. Also, Bob didn't take his car, so unless he had transportation via taxicab or some other means (which I assume LE had already checked), then I don't think he went off on his own to hide somewhere.

The reason I think the search teams may find Bob in the canyon or the ocean is that from what Zwiebel had given me as the addresses of Bob's daughters, grandson, and other family members, I'd assume that most perps would hide a person/body in places AWAY from their own homes...

I don't know how visible any of these areas are since I don't live there but I believe if someone wants to hide someone/thing they will find the means to do so...Where there's a will, there's a way, as they say.

I could see that the news of a fire in the area where the remains are might cause someone to relax significantly, but only because they might assume everything would be destroyed.

But my mind goes back to JuM's reaction during the discovery of the remains off of 330 last spring. So I sort of feel like that is a good marker regarding whether or not Bob's body was in the area at least as of last April. JMVHO.

From what I've heard about JuM and the fact that she herself posted online in some forum that she was refraining from posting too much because LE may be reading the boards, JuM appears quite clever and criminally savvy -- plus both of the men in her life (her hubby & son) seem to be involved in financial frauds of some sort and they appeared to escape prosecution/conviction... So I think it's likely her post regarding 330 may be a red herring to throw us off the real hiding place of Bob -- if she was involved.

JuM does strike me as impulsive though - maybe the type to speak first and think afterwards?

JuM does strike me as impulsive though - maybe the type to speak first and think afterwards?

lol I think we're all human and inconsistent at times.

Having said that, I lean towards JuM being much more careful in her postings online than in her spoken words because online we have the ability to edit before posting whereas when we speak verbally, there's no edit process. We can't retract once we've misspoken...so it's less likely JuM would erroneously type something online in her posts she didn't truly want "published out there in the world wide web".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston