CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bourne, to the best of my knowledge K9's were not used in any initial searches for Mr. Harrod, which quite honestly is astonishing to me. Not olly does that area of CA have excellent dogs and handlers, but an 81 year old man left his residence apparently on foot and never returned. Talk about a live trail.

As for whether or not K9's could still be useful- if there were a particular area of interest to LE, there are k9 trained in forensics and aged scent that are also very good, although few and far between. But there is a team N of Mr. Harrod's residence that has been contacted re: his case.

:skip:

Mr. Harrod deserves to be found. There must be clues on his remains or why keep them hidden for so long? If the COD would not be found after decomp, why keep them hidden rather than found so he could be declared deceased and everyone could collect the big payout they've been waiting for since Georgia's death?

I think there must be something distinctive too that is preventing his return home.

I suppose those directly involved are trying to scrub their brains and get on with their lives as well, but that kind of stress does funny things to people.

:dunno:

I think there must be something distinctive too that is preventing his return home.

I suppose those directly involved are trying to scrub their brains and get on with their lives as well, but that kind of stress does funny things to people.

:dunno:

Remember when Oriah mentioned earlier about missing people who had supposedly gone running or shopping being found in pjyamas or slippers, or with shoes on the wrong feet? A peice of fabric might be all that's needed in Bob's case I suppose. Let alone anything more concrete.

If a person knew - or had a good idea -where Bob had been left, how would they be able to let LE know without revealing their identity? Is an anonymous tip line totally that, or would LE make attempts to trace that person if it was obvious they must have been implicated in the crime? Could a phone call or an email to an anonymous tip line later be used in a court case, do you think?

If the morning phone call wasn't actually Bob...

I think a blood relative would have more success with faking Bob's voice to someone who knew him.

(ever listen to genetically related musicians, vocals especially, but even on other instruments?)

Just a thought.

If the morning phone call wasn't actually Bob...

I think a blood relative would have more success with faking Bob's voice to someone who knew him.

(ever listen to genetically related musicians, vocals especially, but even on other instruments?)

Just a thought.

BBM. Good point. I don't think JeM could fake Bob's voice, but it very possible AH could.

Awhile back I spoke to a nephew of a RE client I worked with.... Over the phone one couldn't tell their voices apart. That's why I agree it's probably only possible with blood relatives.

Where was AH the morning of Bob's disappearance? We have never heard a single word about a possible alibi for AH the morning of Bob's disappearance. It makes me wonder if perhaps both AH and JeM were there in the am. Maybe AH did the disposing and JeM did the repairing due to whatever altercation possibly transpired....

Good gravy, sometimes I am sslllloowww on the uptake.
As I often do, last night as I shut down the computer and headed to bed...I asked myself, and what am I seeing here?
And like a big red danger sign...the word "contempt" flashed into my mind.
From psychology this is particularly important...and hugely telling.
It's the worst thing that can occur in a relationship.
And what I see in all the daughters is contempt.
I am going to try to find some links to better and fully explain why I find this significant.
http://buildbetterrelationships.blogspot.com/2009/09/contempt-relationship-and-joy-killer.html
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ct/201303/how-contempt-destroys-relationships
http://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/vie...v.45960087,d.eWU#search="psychology contempt"

This is basic but I will keep looking since I can't yet express myself well regarding it.

Hi bourne, to the best of my knowledge K9's were not used in any initial searches for Mr. Harrod, which quite honestly is astonishing to me. Not only does that area of CA have excellent dogs and handlers, but an 81 year old man left his residence apparently on foot and never returned. Talk about a live trail.

As for whether or not K9's could still be useful- if there were a particular area of interest to LE, there are K9s trained in forensics and aged scent that are also very good, although few and far between. But there is a team N of Mr. Harrod's residence that has been contacted re: his case.

Thanks Oriah! :) Do you know when that team north of BH's home will be making a K9 search?

I think it's likely the dump site was in the large canyon park I saw on a google map around Bob's residence or in the ocean. Both are about 35-40 mins away only. I think the perp(s) may have confiscated Bob's eyeglasses at some point to disorient him and make it that much harder for him to move about, locate where he is and how to find help...

IMHO I doubt the ocean. Even if there aren't people walking around- there is no cover for carrying someone's body across a wide stretch of sand and all the houses/businesses would have a clear view of what you were up to.

Not saying it couldn't happen---but I don't think any perp would be comfortable doing that in daylight hours.

There are a few places in southern CA where there is no beach- just a cliff off the side of the road straight into the ocean- but those places are usually on very busy roads. IIRC

Feel free to correct me on this!

And for an abductor driving from Bob's house in Placentia, wouldn't it mean driving through a lot of crowded, urban places to get to the ocean?

Anonymous tips are sent in all of the time for all kinds of things-can they be used in a criminal case? I would think that is a case by case basis.

I send in tips all of the time for folks who prefer not to deal with LE directly, whatever their reason. I always send them in as anonymous tips-for the most part they are...what would I tell LE? That a person whose hat is zwiebel says that xyz information is relevant to your case? :) It is way easier to tell them that I received an anonymous tip.

I gave up hope today that any involved might do just that, Believe.
And it literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Sometimes, the situations people get themselves into never ceases to amaze me.

For example, often, when a murderer is brought to trial, they drag other people down with them. And those other people often seem surprised a murderer could do that to them, even though they may suspect that person had killed someone just because they found it necessary. When a guilty verdict comes in, people who supported murderers can find themselves forever tainted by a murder they had nothing whatsoever to do with. What they had done though, was support a story of a stay-at-home day, an outfit worn/not worn, a car not driven or maybe a phone call that wasn't what it seemed.

And there you are. Somebody has died, police are investigating, life sentences - even death sentences - are in the air, media are making sure your role will be remembered for a long, long time to come.....and you decide it's a good decision to tell a little lie.

I don't think it matters if the person is ever prosecuted or not, or serves time - just imagine being tainted by a murder because you chose to tell a tiny lie about someone watching a TV program with you when they weren't actually in the house, for example. Especially if murdering someone was the last thing that would ever cross your mind. It can only be done when people try and put six degrees of separation between themselves and the crime that may have been committed, imo.

People who would easily send a slightly dodgy salesman at the door packing have accepted the most incredible reasons from murderers about why they should lie, and gone ahead and lied for that murderer.

I'm not saying it's happened in Bob's case. Just saying it often does. And those people almost always regret it. Some of them even speak out with the truth, just in time to save themselves; usually when they finally come to the conclusion most murderers are better equipped than most, to look after number one first.

I gave up hope today that any involved might do just that, Believe.
And it literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Never,
Never,
Never,
Never,
Give up.
~Winston Churchill.

I think someone will. Oh, they might be motivated by a bigger slice of the pie or a slice at all. They might be motivated by a sudden moment of looking into the abyss and realizing they just cant do this anymore. It's never as bad as you think it will be...think of all those times when you were a kid or even an adult and you had done something that you had to confess and it seemed so daunting and huge.

This must be like that times 1 million. I have a friend who tells me frequently that the first one to the DA wins. In this case, that will be the person who can finally look themselves in the eye at that moment. You get props for doing the right thing. Even at this late date, you would score some points.

I cant imagine living my life waiting for the other shoe to drop. It must be awful.

Now I am going to don my unprofessional professional hat and wonder if I were a K9 group with aged dogs from CA, where would I start this search? I would probably start at the beginning.

I wonder if any of Bob's neighbors have seen doggies on leashes checking out the house? :D

Sort your hats out believe. It's the early hours of the morning here, and I'm getting confused.

Just joking. Wear as many hats as you like. As long as they all say never give up somewhere....

Actually, it's not early morning. It's so late I think I'm coming perilously close to being able to say I've been up all night. Scribbling.

What's an aged dog?

:bedtime: for you zwiebel.

Aged remains vs non aged remains. :)

:eek:fftobed: for me too.... it's been a long night.

Thank you! Feel like I've got a mom looking over my shoulder now, tutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB