CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JuM previously posted on ROTW that JeM has been volunteering as a Citizen on Patrol (COP) for Twin Peaks.

JuM posted today that JeM is coming home from the command post where the search is going on for the missing hiker from Germany.

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?60-claire&p=318342#post318342

Citizens on Patrol:

The Twin Peaks Citizens on Patrol are under the direction of the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Station. Volunteers perform various crime prevention duties such as vacation home checks, provide residential and business security checks, assist with Neighborhood Watch Programs and work in the office assisting our clerical staff. When requested they conduct fingerprinting for our kids and participate in special events such as parades, school carnivals, safety fairs, grand openings, and many other duties. While on patrol they write citations, such as handicapped parking and other similar violations.

http://cave.sbsar.org/Units/COP/COP418/COP418.htm

Does she even realize it doesn't matter which way she paints him? The fact still remains he hasn't done jack to help find his missing father in law. I guess the same could be said about her too.

I was going to follow up with a post explaining how, if you hit that timeline with a rubber hammer, you can get it to fit in with JuM's went missing at 10 am 'missing approx 28 hours' post, and the housekeeper arriving at noon to find Bob gone.

Then, just thinking about it....so son in law arrived around 9.30am, left again, and didn't return until noon? And it has ALWAYS been said his accounting of his time when Bob vanished was he was away at Home Depot....and that receipt is for 3.04 pm. It's like trying to hold water in your hand - the time Bob went missing and son in law left the house don't seem to be graspable at all.

I wanted to tot up what we seem to know about those close to the case now - specifically, those who did not report Bob missing, though they knew he was, and were all living in SoCal, within easy travelling distance;

One had training as an emergency medical responder
One had worked for a police department
One is now trained in SAR/emergency medical (so you have to presume at the time of Bob's disappearance he was also fit, active and with a civic urge to help people in need)

All we need now is to find out JuM was a professor of geriatric medicine, and that'll put the frosting on the cake for me.

lol^^^^ yeah that is what totally gets me is that so called slippery timeline...frankly I don't have a clue what it is REALLY supposed to be. There are parts missing from the players and LE, as far as I am concerned, imho.I have seen it & had it explained a couple of ways, by well versed souls, ....and all I know?? Mr. H apparently left the premises, in some capacity, after the 10:00 am- ish phone call. that is pretty much the only real things I can see. So that leaves window wider open, or less open, or....

yeah- be nice if LE would say okay , you have ____hours of time- there- now work it

argh

I suppose......there may well be someone from OC Cold Case Unit who has decided what the time window is, and is working on it right now. :)

If they need any help, all they have to do is go up the hill to the command center and ask a certain person busy searching for another missing person. There is no way a SAR person would refuse to help, is there?

I was going to follow up with a post explaining how, if you hit that timeline with a rubber hammer, you can get it to fit in with JuM's went missing at 10 am 'missing approx 28 hours' post, and the housekeeper arriving at noon to find Bob gone.

Then, just thinking about it....so son in law arrived around 9.30am, left again, and didn't return until noon? And it has ALWAYS been said his accounting of his time when Bob vanished was he was away at Home Depot....and that receipt is for 3.04 pm. It's like trying to hold water in your hand - the time Bob went missing and son in law left the house don't seem to be graspable at all.

Gee and the family can't see why they look hinky?

lol^^^^ yeah that is what totally gets me is that so called slippery timeline...frankly I don't have a clue what it is REALLY supposed to be. There are parts missing from the players and LE, as far as I am concerned, imho.I have seen it & had it explained a couple of ways, by well versed souls, ....and all I know?? Mr. H apparently left the premises, in some capacity, after the 10:00 am- ish phone call. that is pretty much the only real things I can see. So that leaves window wider open, or less open, or....

yeah- be nice if LE would say okay , you have ____hours of time- there- now work it

argh

Oh, I think LE is doing the right thing in not clarifying the timeline. I'm sure they did at least some questioning of the various family members and got statements about when Bob went missing.

The smart thing to do now is sit back and watch how various media statements weave and wander. Heck, I'd open a spreadsheet to keep track of all the various statements, re-statements and changes of statement.

It doesn't really affect what we can do on WS. It's not like any of us can go and question the family members or canvass the neighbourhood or track down whatever workers were present in the neighbourhood that day. Well, someone *could* but that would be like begging for a stalking or harassment charge.

What we can do is examine what is available and juggle it around, see how it all settles in one way or another. When we get a likely configuration, one or more of us can contact the PPD tip line.

From some of the very early posts back in 2009, when our posters were seeing family post info that's long been deleted, this one's interesting. A family member, posting elsewhere, 32 days after Bob vanished, is giving JeM a 2-hour time window before he returned to the house and found Bob missing.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1

Perhaps the above is why family requested the IS thread be removed. I'm not buying the 'fighting in the family' stuff given as the excuse to have the thread removed. The family fighting online never stopped from Bob's daughters....... it had to be information in thoes early posts they wanted to hide.

I think it's telling JuM knew about the 10:00 am phone call the day following Bob's disappearance. Clearly, LE hadn't gone through phone records yet, so how did JuM know about the time of that call? When did JuM find out her husbands receipt for HD was after the arrival of the housekeeper and not before?

Think of all that has been done to muddy the timeline following the post of August 29 in thread one, where the 2 hour window was already mentioned.

Does anyone recall exactly when the 1st IS thread about Bob's case disappeared from the old IS forum?

Gotta give this early knowledge some more thought.

I want a plains pocket gopher, to keep lovingly in my pocket, like a mitten, away from any meanies who might try and shoot it. After all this trouble I've been to, I think I'm deserving. This is probably one of those supposedly coded posts that some have have been known to complain about, but at this stage I don't care.

I dunno if anyone will know what I'm talking about, but I reckon anyone in 1850s Missouri would, if they could be here. I'm hoping if anyone should ask, 'show me', we could all show a multitude of reasons why Bob should be searched for, and found.

Let's hope people up the hill as well as down the dale, are getting that message too. The public needs to know when Bob Harrod went missing, to get any idea of where he might be, or who might have taken him. Someone has that information.

I have been wondering what I would ask, if I volunteered for a missing person's search, and found myself standing next to a person who in over four years has appeared to have done nothing to help in the search for a missing family member of their own.

At first I thought I might run away, or maybe just ask, why? Or enquire about any reasonable reasons why search efforts might have been kept quiet. But then I realized all that would fall by the wayside - I'd just ask, 'Please tell me what time Bob harrod went missing.'

Anthony Darnell Wade. Sentenced three days ago. Horrible case. He fled up the hill to San Bernardino after killing a much-loved senior called Bessie in Anaheim. Sentence enhanced because of the age of his victim.

"The jury also found true sentencing enhancements.....for causing great bodily injury to someone older than 70..."

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/10/anthony_darnell_wade_bessie_wh.php

Defence asked the jury to consider his bipolar disorder as a mitigating factor.

Sentence: death

I have been wondering what I would ask, if I volunteered for a missing person's search, and found myself standing next to a person who in over four years has appeared to have done nothing to help in the search for a missing family member of their own.

At first I thought I might run away, or maybe just ask, why? Or enquire about any reasonable reasons why search efforts might have been kept quiet. But then I realized all that would fall by the wayside - I'd just ask, 'Please tell me what time Bob harrod went missing.'

I hope you would take into account the type of searching being done. If you'd be going out in groups of people, ask away. If you were going to go out buddy system in rough terrain where you might sometimes be out of sight of other searchers? Be quiet and make sure JeM is not your partner.

make sure you do and and note where one doesn't want to go:) heh

The search has been really scaled down now, and it's all volunteers only now, I think. I suppose there are only so many resources the sheriff's office has, and it has been a long time - eleven days now.

It's ironic, but if Bob had been up at his son in law's house, rather than being at his own when he disappeared, it seems much more likely he'd have been found. Dementia or cold feet simply wouldn't have mattered, because the terrain can be so dangerous. A full scale search would have swung into operation anyway, whether they thought Bob had left voluntarily or not.

It's sad that Bob's decision to live in the safer environment of the suburbs appeared to play against him when he disappeared.

I was recently brought up short by some old info out there by someone claiming to be Bob's middle daughter - the one who worked at the police department. She'd said she knew nothing about the timeline of Bob's disappearance, apart from what she'd read in the media.

Does that mean she doesn't know what time she left the family meeting on Sunday, and last saw her father?

Or know when her sister called and told her Bob was missing?

Or when she herself called police to carry out a welfare check, as I think she's claimed?

Or is it possible she doesn't actually realise all these things are part of the timeline around Bob's disappearance too?

The search has been really scaled down now, and it's all volunteers only now, I think. I suppose there are only so many resources the sheriff's office has, and it has been a long time - eleven days now.

It's ironic, but if Bob had been up at his son in law's house, rather than being at his own when he disappeared, it seems much more likely he'd have been found. Dementia or cold feet simply wouldn't have mattered, because the terrain can be so dangerous. A full scale search would have swung into operation anyway, whether they thought Bob had left voluntarily or not.

It's sad that Bob's decision to live in the safer environment of the suburbs appeared to play against him when he disappeared.

Respectfully, I think Bob's sharing info on his net worth with his daughters, grandson and SIL played against him. If that knowledge wasn't made available until after both his and Georgia's passing, I don't believe he would have ever 'disappeared'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc