CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nae, tis more the Scots Irish- look up melungeon for fun too

sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread

The almost immediate moves to get Fontelle out of the house ( 'the lawyer made us do it' tale is nonsense, imo) are such a clear signal to me that the concern previously expressed for her was all fake.

Pretty good faking too, with JuM's 'I will be here to welcome his new wife', and her hugs in front of the cameras. Knowing now that, days later, Fontelle says she was telling her she had to leave......a person has to wonder why the hypocrisy/acting happened?

I had only thought of a desire to claim a property worth a big chunk of cash previously, as a reason for the sudden about turn. Your post has made me think about the other implications of Mrs Harrod staying. She had the right to allow forensic investigators in, and she did so.

Totally O/T: All my jokes about my house falling down - I've just discovered it's no joke at all. A timber supporting four floors has gone and the whole lot is in imminent danger of descending with a bang. It is being propped up at the moment. The solution looks like it will entail ripping out the heating system I just installed - just before winter. I may end up posting from a tent in the garden, under a LOT of insulation, if the signal will reach that far.

Sigh. Wish I'd had a Dad like Bob, who could have taught me how to make sensible house-purchases. I would have listened. I wasn't lucky enough to have a Dad who lived long enough though.

BBM

Yep, they wanted her in there just long enough that someone could argue (if needed) that Fontelle's presence in the house had contaminated any evidence found. Once she'd spent a few nights there, she was an inconvenient and dangerous person to have around.

I'm so sorry about your house and your father, zweibel.

Ya'll don't have house inspectors in Germany? In Iowa, the buyer pays for a professional house inspection to ascertain just what is wrong with the house. In fact, a house usually gets two professional inspections because a standard clause is that an offer to buy is contingent upon the house passing inspection by the insurance company the buyer intends to use. Those insurance inspectors are actually more rigorous than professional house inspectors.

The way property insurance works here is that should my house develop such a severe defect, the insurance company would pay for my housing until the problem was remedied. Might be a motel or hotel, might be an apartment rental if it were going to take a long time.

This sounds to me like the sort of serious problem that it is time to start squawking for help from the professionals. Not just for the house but for those who live in the house as well.

oh Zwie- given my roots- Egads- I might could be fixing to tote my dope in a poke over yonder to the holler. (now my Aunt Jimmy Hazel carried her chaw in the poke too)
Hangin warsh out is considered unsightly by city folks standards.
I bet Mr H might could have worn a plenty of pants dried stiff in the sun, in his younger days.

Kentucky?

Do you say the word "creek" to rhyme with beak or brick?

Grainne, NE Tn, in them parts, near Va & Nc...both, depends on audience

You'un's are a stitch, I do say!

An' all you-all's just be lookin' for Mr. Bob, y'hear?

Greetings from Ozarkistan

Laughing

Melungeon??? Shoot, honey! I married into a family with Futrelles. Seriously!

I love these words that are popping up - just so different from anything I've heard before. I could spend forever looking them up. Then there's little old-fashioned phrases popping up I remember my gran using. Language is a funny thing, isn't it?

I wonder if people from MO could still recognise Bob's speech as coming from MO, even after all his years in CA? I've seen it happen with a member of my family, who left her region as a child.

Any typically Missouri turns of phrase, anyone? Does Mrs Harrod have a distinctive MO accent? I can't tell.

I love the way anyone whose ancestry was confusing got called Portuguese. I think there should be a rule; if you can make the best custard tarts in the world, you can call yourself Portuguese. If not, you can't.

Can't recall the proper name for them now, but it's much more elegant than custard tart.

An appeal for experienced backcountry hikers has been made to help with the search for the missing German hiker in Lake Arrowhead. I hope there is some media feedback on how successful that has been. I wish we could kind of capture the attention of anyone who volunteers, to let them know that, after Alois is found, there is someone else who really needs their help too.

I love these words that are popping up - just so different from anything I've heard before. I could spend forever looking them up. Then there's little old-fashioned phrases popping up I remember my gran using. Language is a funny thing, isn't it?

I wonder if people from MO could still recognise Bob's speech as coming from MO, even after all his years in CA? I've seen it happen with a member of my family, who left her region as a child.

Any typically Missouri turns of phrase, anyone? Does Mrs Harrod have a distinctive MO accent? I can't tell.

Depends on what part of Missouri Bob came from and the social class of his family.

The generic midwestern accent here is like the generic Oxbridge/BBC accent in Great Britain: it is the default and has no firm background attached.

Fontelle has the generic midwestern accent. She could be from anywhere in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, southern Minnesota (northern Minnesotans share a Canadian accent), eastern Nebraska, north or central Missouri, eastern Colorado...

I love the way anyone whose ancestry was confusing got called Portuguese. I think there should be a rule; if you can make the best custard tarts in the world, you can call yourself Portuguese. If not, you can't.

Can't recall the proper name for them now, but it's much more elegant than custard tart.

Flan?

An appeal for experienced backcountry hikers has been made to help with the search for the missing German hiker in Lake Arrowhead. I hope there is some media feedback on how successful that has been. I wish we could kind of capture the attention of anyone who volunteers, to let them know that, after Alois is found, there is someone else who really needs their help too.

I doubt they need any reminders.

Such a reminder would be good in Iowa, where there are very few people who go missing but in places with lots of outdoor activity, SAR personnel seem to be very aware that they may run across unexpected human remains.

I'm basing this from experience with friends in SAR in Montana and the Pacific Northwest. More than once they've gone out to find a presumably lost hiker and found the remains of a different lost hiker.

Since they are looking in areas well away from roads for Alois, I doubt they will find Bob out there. I firmly believe he is within 500 feet of a road that can be travelled via pickup or ordinary passenger car. It is probably just gravel or dirt but not really off roading.

I doubt they need any reminders.

Such a reminder would be good in Iowa, where there are very few people who go missing but in places with lots of outdoor activity, SAR personnel seem to be very aware that they may run across unexpected human remains.

I'm basing this from experience with friends in SAR in Montana and the Pacific Northwest. More than once they've gone out to find a presumably lost hiker and found the remains of a different lost hiker.

Since they are looking in areas well away from roads for Alois, I doubt they will find Bob out there. I firmly believe he is within 500 feet of a road that can be travelled via pickup or ordinary passenger car. It is probably just gravel or dirt but not really off roading.

Yes, you're right. Wherever Bob is, it must be near somewhere with vehicle access. For certain, Bob didn't go hiking - or even wandering - on foot by himself. Not with his bad knees and so much to do that Monday.

Hello. I'd like to suggest people send an email to the OC DA's Office and encourage them to continue working on Bob's case.

If they have multiple cases and only so many resources, it might be good for them to know that people would like to see a resolution in Bob's case to ensure it remains a priority.

If anyone is able/willing to send an email, I suggest they address it to Chief Jeff McLaughlin.

Chief Jeff McLaughlin
Chief, Bureau of Investigation, Orange County
January 2011 - Present
http://www.orangecountyda.com/home/index.asp?page=226

Email Address for Bureau of Investigation: Bureau@da.ocgov.com

Grainne, NE Tn, in them parts, near Va & Nc...both, depends
Sre! Come on now! It also depends on the width and breadth (the audience, if you will. ) A meter or so is a crick. A couple of meters, and you've got yourself a creek. ;)

You'un's are a stitch, I do say!

An' all you-all's just be lookin' for Mr. Bob, y'hear?

Greetings from Ozarkistan

Laughing

Melungeon??? Shoot, honey! I married into a family with Futrelles. Seriously!

We be looking for Mr. Bob.
We all be looking for Mr. Bob, and ain't no one givin' up yet. Yah?

(Laughing, you make us smile. :) )

Uncle Doc called the Holston a crick lol...course he liked his Schlitz too

(Laughing I see you added Futrelles? Is that another mixed ethnic grouping?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108