CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncle Doc called the Holston a crick lol...course he liked his Schlitz too

(Laughing I see you added Futrelles? Is that another mixed ethnic grouping?)

Well, there are those cricks that turn into creeks. ;)

Yes, you're right. Wherever Bob is, it must be near somewhere with vehicle access. For certain, Bob didn't go hiking - or even wandering - on foot by himself. Not with his bad knees and so much to do that Monday.

I'm honestly still somewhat perplexed by the lack of info about vehicles at the Harrod residence the evening before he was reported missing.

Yes, you're right. Wherever Bob is, it must be near somewhere with vehicle access. For certain, Bob didn't go hiking - or even wandering - on foot by himself. Not with his bad knees and so much to do that Monday.

I totally agree.

I suppose it is possible that his body was thrown over the side of a cliff or ravine but that seems unduly risky to me. Too much chance of it coming to rest in a position that is clearly visible to passers-by but in a place that is difficult or impossible for the average person to reach on foot.

I think his body was placed in a well hidden spot or in a shallow grave.

Grainne, NE Tn, in them parts, near Va & Nc...both, depends
Sre! Come on now! It also depends on the width and breadth (the audience, if you will. ) A meter or so is a crick. A couple of meters, and you've got yourself a creek. ;)

To Iowa hicks, a creek is always a crick. If it is more than about 3 feet and has water year round, then it is a small river.

Do ya'll say "away yonder"?

In England, 'up the creek without a paddle' means you've got yourself into a situation you shouldn't have done. Like me, with my falling down house.

Daren't even tell Grainne I signed on the dotted line for it before I even saw it, let alone had a professional look it over. :)

Hello. I'd like to suggest people send an email to the OC DA's Office and encourage them to continue working on Bob's case.

If they have multiple cases and only so many resources, it might be good for them to know that people would like to see a resolution in Bob's case to ensure it remains a priority.

If anyone is able/willing to send an email, I suggest they address it to Chief Jeff McLaughlin.

Chief Jeff McLaughlin
Chief, Bureau of Investigation, Orange County
January 2011 - Present
http://www.orangecountyda.com/home/index.asp?page=226

Email Address for Bureau of Investigation: Bureau@da.ocgov.com

I am working on a nice letter cloudajo! Believe had this idea too, in the SAR thread, and I did say there I thought it was a good idea to just add 'no reply required' to any communication, so we don't take up any precious time.

Sort of a letter of support, rather than questions?

I had a email written out & ready to send, but it wound up reading like War and Peace, Gone With the Wind, Les Miserables & Don Quixote all rolled into one, so I am in the process of parsing it down. I must remember the KISS principal:)

speaking of Hugo ...too bad Mr H didn't have a diary of sorts, a Le Dernier Jour d'un Condamné if you....giving insight into the weeks leading up to HIS....disappearance. Of course he committed no crime deserving of such punishment, nor did he do anything to bring about such an event upon himself. It saddens me that he found fresh outlook on life and company he could enjoy, only to obviously be removed from it...for what purpose? The seven capital vices must have been giddy with glee at being released. Not to mention some broken commandments...

I am working on a nice letter cloudajo! Believe had this idea too, in the SAR thread, and I did say there I thought it was a good idea to just add 'no reply required' to any communication, so we don't take up any precious time.

Sort of a letter of support, rather than questions?

Exactly - thanks!

speaking of Hugo ...too bad Mr H didn't have a diary of sorts, a Le Dernier Jour d'un Condamné if you....giving insight into the weeks leading up to HIS....disappearance. Of course he committed no crime deserving of such punishment, nor did he do anything to bring about such an event upon himself. It saddens me that he found fresh outlook on life and company he could enjoy, only to obviously be removed from it...for what purpose? The seven capital vices must have been giddy with glee at being released. Not to mention some broken commandments...

I don't know if Mr H would have had a diary - methinks he might have found that kind of writing as painful as Mr Z. But I bet he had a LOT of notes.......that the world will never see.

Sad to say, his house was a crime scene, in my opinion, and it was never secured. :(

For heaven's sake. Methinks?

I blame sres. I'm writing Shakespearian now.

Narrator:*Agnes waited at the bottom of the stairs while Jeff went up to have a look around.*Agnes:*I thought he's just going to look into the room- it takes a minute to go up, look into the room and just see if Bob was there or not. But, he actually ended up spending a couple of minutes there, so I thought maybe he, you know, find something. He found him there or something. So, I yelled up, I said, "Is he there? Is he okay?" and he said, "No, he's not here," and then he came back.*Narrator:*Uncertain about what to do next, Agnes began cleaning while Jeff resumed his repairs. As she worked her way around the house, she noticed something disturbing.*Agnes:*When I went upstairs I saw that in his bedroom the bed was unmade and never in the 10 years I worked for them that happened before. It was just so out of character for him not to make the bed. I just- that was very strange.*
What was he doing up there?

I would love to see the path from Bobs to HD

Uncle Doc called the Holston a crick lol...course he liked his Schlitz too

(Laughing I see you added Futrelles? Is that another mixed ethnic grouping?)

I :truce: to spellcheck!

That's supposed to be Fugate. Another isolated Appalachian group, anthropologically famous for being blue. Yep, The Blue Fugates. The In-laws with the surname look typical and indeed hail from the correct county.

Now back to watercourses. Multicultural myself, I'm also a New Mexican. To you, the river, the acequia, and the arroyo look about the same. But are very different.

Bob, you've made us all friends in CyberSpace, thanks. We're ready to bring you home to Fontelle!

Laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member