CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, didn't I test it when I set it up? I'll fix it now. Thanks for the alert!

I'm so used to just clicking my sig now or searching to find this thread, I didn't even try the link on the front page. :( Thanks KateB

It's very confusing. This wikipedia page has season 4 being 27 episodes long, thereby making Bob's episode (according to this accounting) as season 5, episode 13.

Netflix, however, lists season 4 as "Running for Her Life" through "Innocence Lost", and season 5 as "The Road Not Taken" through "Missing by Design". iTunes seems to follow this same season-numbering scheme and puts Bob's episode in season 6, episode 13. Season 6 is not available yet on Netflix; episodes display in iTunes (US) as $2.99 each for high-definition, and $1.99 each for standard definition.

Anyway, I think this is why it gets listed in both seasons. I'm not sure why the discrepancy. Maybe Investigation Discovery channel really did have a 27-episode-long fourth season when it originally aired, but it seems incorrect to me, especially when the others are a lot shorter.

tcg

I knew it wasn't just me with all this. To make it worse, in countries other than the US the seasons seem to get renumbered yet again.

Gosh. There was a terrible murder up in San Bernardino last November, of a young mom, Ashley Atherley. The man wanted for her murder has just been caught in Florida and the relief of her family is very moving. It must be so horrible to lose someone you love and then have to live with a permanent sense of justice not done.

Poor Bob. No justice, and no homecoming yet. There is still time though.

With the apprehension of that suspect and the location of another missing man, Gianni Belvedere, (who both possibly fitted the description of an UID found off Newport Beach) we are back to just having a Timex watch and shoe as clues to the id of the body that was found.

It cannot be Bob I know, but it has made me think. Why do we still not know if Bob normally wore a watch or not? It can't be that hard because you are either a watch wearer or not. Even if son in law didn't notice if Bob was wearing it the day he disappeared, family should have been able to check if it was in the home or not.

Bob strikes me as a watch wearer. People often check the time on their cells now, but as we know, Bob couldn't use one. I don't think there was any watch listed on the list of items daughters claimed from the house either, was there? In fact - no jewellry at all?

Maybe Bob kept it all in the safes that were claimed. In that case, as they belonged to son in law and JuM, they will know if Bob's watch was there or not.

Oh, what's the little bit missing from the transcript Cubby? I never knew that.

RSBM

From memory, the replay of previous MSM with Bob blowing kisses to Fontelle over the phone, and the dramatized interview between Det. Loomis and the actor playing JeM were not included in the interview.

In that dramatized interview Det. Loomis confirms there were only two receipts.

IIRC, I translated the additional info and posted it in one of Bob's threads, I just don't recall which one.

I think there was jewelry on that mile long memorabilia list, zwie'. IIRC that's where JuM got her digs in about possible pawn slips. You never know with these guys. I'm now wondering if perhaps JuM might have pawned her fathers jewelry, but not her mothers?

Oh yes, you are correct. It was just one of those all-inclusive demands, wasn't it? With that horrible little snipe about 'or any pawn tickets' at the end.

What the heck?
Was Daughter so familiar with pawn tickets it was just something that came into her head first? And she had stated how she would 'be here' for 'his new wife', so I would have thought that would have meant making sure Fontelle had enough money to live on in OC, as Bob undoubtedly intended for his wife. If JuM believed many valuable items were missing from Bob's home, she should have reported it to police - it could have meant financial gain had a bearing on his disappearance, and that could have been important when police thought he had got cold feet or had dementia.

Glasses. Rings. Watch. Belt. All unclarified after all these years. With Bob's daughters and son in law in the best position to provide that clarity. Small details that could make a world of difference in finding him.

Of course it's not our Bob, but I couldn't help looking at the twitter that has claimed the name. Lol, I couldn't understand a word of it. It's got to be football or some other sport, I guess.

I still don't quite 'get' twitter, I'm afraid to say. Does anyone know where it has really helped get the word out about missing people?

RSBM

From memory, the replay of previous MSM with Bob blowing kisses to Fontelle over the phone, and the dramatized interview between Det. Loomis and the actor playing JeM were not included in the interview.

In that dramatized interview Det. Loomis confirms there were only two receipts.

IIRC, I translated the additional info and posted it in one of Bob's threads, I just don't recall which one.

Whoops, I meant not included in the transcript, not the interview.

Crazy busy week, sorry for the confusion. :doh:

I didn't notice the mistake Cubby!

I have been trying to think how far two Harrods could have travelled today - Bob in OC and Franklin in MO. It is heartening that Franklin Harrod's case was a very successful no-body prosecution with three people convicted. It's a little depressing to learn one has already been released though, with his body still not recovered. :(

A skull, dockers pants and a tennis shoe have been found but it's a day's journey (8 hours) from Placentia, the far side of Frisco. I can't quite let this UID go though because of the tennis shoe and dockers pants - some of the pics we have of Bob make me think it's possible he wore that brand.

When I mistakenly called Bob's shoes trainers a while ago (what we call them in the UK) someone corrected me. Did they say they were called tennis shoes, can anyone recollect?

Link to UID
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20131209/articles/131209581

I know the article says 'at least a year' so that would also rule Bob out, but on another UID I found press reports of 'deceased at least 3 years', then in Namus that period had been upped to 12 years.

A skull, dockers pants and a tennis shoe have been found but it's a day's journey (8 hours) from Placentia, the far side of Frisco. I can't quite let this UID go though because of the tennis shoe and dockers pants - some of the pics we have of Bob make me think it's possible he wore that brand.

When I mistakenly called Bob's shoes trainers a while ago (what we call them in the UK) someone corrected me. Did they say they were called tennis shoes, can anyone recollect?

Link to UID
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20131209/articles/131209581

I think sneakers = tennis shoes = trainers [UK].

"Sneakers" vs. "tennis shoes" depends where in the US one is.

tcg

Thanks, guys. I was really unsure because these simple, canvas lace-up shoes are known as 'tennis shoes' where I am, though I don't think tennis players have worn them since the 1930s. Confusingly, I see they are also listed as 'trainers' (sneakers) on this site, which I've never heard anyone call them.

Superga Unisex 2750 Cotu Lace Up Trainer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 10
Pic of Bob's sneaker. Which he may or may not have been wearing when he disappeared.

ETA; So is the opinion this would not be called a tennis shoe in the US? california way, at least?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 21
A median priced home in Placentia is now $619,000. Bob has two. And other houses elsewhere. And other assets.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/price-598645-square-home.html

Looks like Bob's children will become millionaires themselves, once they have him declared dead and inherit his estate. Only five per cent of Americans have assets of a million dollars. So they'll be part of a very special elite.

When that happens, instead of Bob being listed as a 'missing millionaire' he'll be 'Dad of millionaire daughters missing'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondgirl#7