CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really off topic because it is about Placentia, where Bob disappeared from; those cat burglars who got arrested were getting in through doggie doors, amongst other places. I always thought that any doorways a medium sized dog could get through might accomodate a human too.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-596278--.html

I don't think Bob had a dog door. Even if he did, his dog Sassy was a small Pomeranian. She would have only needed a cat door.

Hi sleuthers :seeya:-I see Bob's thread has been moved out of the active area. I appreciate that Admin kept it front and center as long as they could. It is very hard for me to believe that we are approaching 5 years missing.

5 years missing presumed murdered and not a peep acknowledging this disappearance from those related by blood. For those of you who follow ROTW, there are a few more dust ups between Jules and posters who aren't drinking the Kool aid any more. She continues to post prolifically but her silence on the murder of her father is deafening. It defies all reason. :banghead:

If you believe anything you read from her postings at this point, her husband was injured in a collision before Christmas of last year. That is awful and I hope he has recovered. As far as we know, JeM is the last person to see Bob alive and I selfishly wish him long life and health. I pray that someday in the near future we see a burst of cooperation and a return of Bob to the people who love him. The www is quiet with the exception our sleuther's heroic dedication. But it doesn't mean that anyone has forgotten and that nothing is happening and that we have all moved on.

Come home Bob. This years seems like a watershed year to surface. Whatever money and assets that remain of your considerable estate may be distributed in the near future.

I wonder which car he was driving? I still think LE has a flag on the VIN of the Ridgeline fwiw.

According to the Charlie Project Link below, the car was left behind.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/harrod_robert.html

May this be the year for answers.

I don't want to speak for believe09, but I think the Ridgeline refers to the car son in law was driving that day, rather than to Bob's. Bob's car was indeed left on the driveway. Which is one of the things that made his disappearance so worrying, as he had bad knees and couldn't/didn't walk more than a block.

I wonder which car he was driving? I still think LE has a flag on the VIN of the Ridgeline fwiw.

Does a VIN number mean the plate, or the serial number inside the car? If it is the serial number, do those numbers get recorded when a vehicle's sold?

Also, can anyone tell me if people in the US have a license plate which they put on each vehicle they own, or if every vehicle has its own license plate?

I don't want to speak for believe09, but I think the Ridgeline refers to the car son in law was driving that day, rather than to Bob's. Bob's car was indeed left on the driveway. Which is one of the things that made his disappearance so worrying, as he had bad knees and couldn't/didn't walk more than a block.

Thanks, Zwiebel,

Doing a bit of research I now realize that a Honda Ridgeline is an all purpose vehicle.

https://www.google.com/search?q=200...CQOe_JsQSyl4L4DQ&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=914&bih=414

Didn't I read that LE thoroughly checked Son-In-Law's vehicle???

I wonder if Bob's Community had/now has what some would call a Silver Alert, for endangered Senior Citizens.

You're correct about the Ridgeline. Cubby found an odd youtube with teenagers fitting themselves easily inside the trunk space. I don't think it ever got put in the media links though, so I can't show it to you.

Does a VIN number mean the plate, or the serial number inside the car? If it is the serial number, do those numbers get recorded when a vehicle's sold?

Also, can anyone tell me if people in the US have a license plate which they put on each vehicle they own, or if every vehicle has its own license plate?

A Vehicle Identification Number / Serial Number is stamped in multiple locations of a vehicle. They're also on the Registration Card, the Proof of Insurance Card, and the Vehicle Title.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vin...3isATGk4Fg&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=914&bih=414

A Registration Plate / License Plate is attached to the rear bumper, and sometimes also the front bumper. When changing vehicles, I've been permitted to transfer the Registration Plate / License Plate to my newer vehicle, but I don't know the rules for California. Those having multiple vehicles have a different Registration Plate / License Plate for each vehicle.

Glad you mentioned the Ridgeline as it made me click on the media links in my sig, and I've realized I only linked to my post instead of the whole thread. Thanks Richrd!

To further explore Zwiebel's question about buying a used vehicle in California:

"Buying a Used Car in CA

When you buy a used car in California you inherit the license plates. The seller

does not remove and surrender the plates to the DMV. You can learn more

about changing vehicle ownership by visiting our vehicle title transfers page."

as quoted from:

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/plate-surrender.php#Moving-from-CA

Learning Something New Every Day...

zwie' it wasn't me who found the video. IIRC, it was cloudajo.

It was done at a dealership demonstrating the space in the trunk.
According to the Disappeared episode, Det. Loomis stated Bob's dna was found in the truck, but nothing was found to indicate he suffered a severe injury or died in the truck.

I've always wondered it Bob regularly rode in the SIL's truck or not. With his bad knees, was he able to get into a truck easily? Who usually drove when the family went out? I can't imagine Bob not driving himself and a need for him to ride anywhere with his SIL.

As far as the daughters becoming millionaires. Over the last several weeks, it's popped into my head that there is a code of silence happening here within the blood relatives. I imagine it being along the lines of We'll keep your secret, but you are going to pay for it, and the money will eventually go to only 2 blood members of Bob's family. That is there is any left.

I recall Bob's best friend saying Bob did not like fast drivers. As Bob's daughters said Bob had almost stopped going out and become very solitary after their mom died, I think it's unlikely he would have been a passenger in son in law's vehicle, especially with that big step up.

It would be impossible to check when or if Bob could legitimately have been in the vehicle though, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Venable