CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

That looks printable, but the 'for Law Enofrcement use Only' seems kind of... strange?

Yes, it is kind of strange. I don't think people would agree to post that flier in public places with the bold 'for Law Enforcement use Only" information added to the flier.

Here is a link to get to the PDF printable flier for Bobs case from NamUs. I can't directly link to the flier, but scroll down to reports. Open reports and you will see 3 choices including printable flier.

hth

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

I don‘t mean to bash the police, I just want to be aware of the possible challenges that Bob’s case is facing.

On July 6th I sent an email to Chief Anderson. One of the questions I asked was why after almost 1 year, the PPD had not yet interviewed Paul? I received a response from him the same day - on July 6th. He wrote that he forwarded my observations to the Detective and supervisor in charge of the case. He wrote the case was a top priority for the PPD and I should be assured they are placing available resources towards its successful conclusion.

That was 27 days ago. Maybe it’s a lack of resources, I don’t know.

respectfully snipped. Excellent post Basic! I think you are likely right about the above. I don't recall knowing of any searches for Bob. None that were public anyway.

IF there are any locals following this case, I think it would be an excellent idea to post fliers agan near the area's you described Basic. If the state park has a main building of some kind ask if Bobs info can be posted there.
I'm afraid it may he hikers who stumble upon his remains if he is to be located.

How can we get the word out and in area's hikers will be aware to be on the look out?

On another missing person case, Peter Achermann, 82, has been missing from Staples, MN since July of 2009 (sadly, he hasn't been found yet). One thing family/friends wanted to do was get the word out to hunters in the area.

They put up posters around the hunting hangouts and on all of the roads going out 10 miles +. They also printed a letter to the editor that was published in the local papers, called “Calling On All Hunters,” that asked hunters and landowners within 30 miles to be on the lookout for Peter and asked hunters to let their hunting club members know about this. I thought this was a good idea.
http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stories/091509/opi_20090915012.shtml
http://helpfindpeter.com/

Also, there is an Orange County Hiking Club listed at the link below. Maybe they could help get the word out if contacted?

http://www.oc-hiking.com/contact.htm

On another missing person case, Peter Achermann, 82, has been missing from Staples, MN since July of 2009 (sadly, he hasn't been found yet). One thing family/friends wanted to do was get the word out to hunters in the area.

They put up posters around the hunting hangouts and on all of the roads going out 10 miles +. They also printed a letter to the editor that was published in the local papers, called “Calling On All Hunters,” that asked hunters and landowners within 30 miles to be on the lookout for Peter and asked hunters to let their hunting club members know about this. I thought this was a good idea.
http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stories/091509/opi_20090915012.shtml
http://helpfindpeter.com/

Also, there is an Orange County Hiking Club listed at the link below. Maybe they could help get the word out if contacted?

http://www.oc-hiking.com/contact.htm

Great ideas.

Mr. Harrod was a member of the California Masons. I wonder if they have ever been asked to get the word out.

These look like govt sites, and need to be updated by govt.

I submitted a question the other day via the California State Department of Justice website asking what the steps are to get the information changed from Voluntary Missing Adult.
I received this response below today so I sent an email to the PPD requesting this be changed since it is misleading to anyone viewing it.

You would need to direct this to the agent handling this homicide/missing person's case at Placentia PD. We put this information up on our site at the direction of the police department. His status of "voluntarily missing" was entered by the agency and needs to be modified by them.

California Department of Justice
Missing & Unidentified Person Program
P.O. Box 903387
Sacramento, CA 94203-3870
(916) 227-3290

I.M.H.O.

Although I do not suspect Fontelle's direct involvement, the above list should be expanded to also include her adult children from the two previous marriages. Wasn't it said that she lived with her son in a trailer on his property? Why would a son be in no hurry to bring her back into the protective fold here in her home state? I continually WONDER about the possibility of a monitary motive in leaving her all alone in California for the time being. If she was my mother, I wouldn't want to leave her in harms way, mingling with strangers and possible suspects, not for all the money in the world. But then, we all love our mothers differently, don't we.

There have been so many theories that I.M.H.O. none should be left out of consideration. The best sleuths must remain objective at all times.

I.M.H.O. Objective opinions should be welcome here.

IMO...Fontelle is staying in Ca. because she would like to find out what happened to her husband. This is what most people do when something happens to a loved one. Just because she is in Ca. it does not mean her children do not care about her or have an ulterior motive.

I wonder what Mr. Harrod told Fontelle about the heated family meeting the night before he vanished.

IMO...Fontelle is staying in Ca. because she would like to find out what happened to her husband. This is what most people do when something happens to a loved one. Just because she is in Ca. it does not mean her children do not care about her or have an ulterior motive.

I wonder what Mr. Harrod told Fontelle about the heated family meeting the night before he vanished.

With Fontelle not having friends or family in California I just wonder if she does have anyone she can count on to help her in the search for Bob. It has already been said she is not computer literate. Can her attorney help her with fliers and updating websites? I know she wants to do everything she can to find Bob...like we all do.

I am not sure if this has been noted here or not, but on IS, one of Robert Harrod's daughters has posted a few times this last week.

I am not sure if this has been noted here or not, but on IS, one of Robert Harrod's daughters has posted a few times this last week.

That's very interesting. Wonder why they don't come here. It's a kinder, gentler site. Wouldn't you say?

CA Exile

As you already know, I wish to apologize to you and I am glad to know that you understand.

CA Exile

As you already know, I wish to apologize to you and I am glad to know that you understand.

All of you know how much Bob meant to me. I understand this is very hard for all of you. I did not mean to upset you with my posting. Thank you.

My observations on “An Update on Our Father” recently posted by one of the daughters on another forum. Note that this is my personal opinion and I am not asking anyone to agree with me.

Daughter posted Bob never kept his wallet and keys in his pocket unless he was out somewhere. She posted they noticed in a fairly recent photograph that Bob was wearing another pair of glasses that were not found. My interpretation (IMO): She wants the reader to believe that Bob left the house voluntarily and that whatever happened to him did not occur in the house (e.g. a possible confrontation with the SIL, and his wallet, keys, and glasses were then removed from the house with him).

She posted that Bob cannot get into his own home now if he tried with his own set of keys. My interpretation (IMO): She’s not worried that Bob can’t get into the house - she’s still furious that she cannot get into the house. I guess she forgot that her older sister posted on Aug 11, 2009 that the changing of the locks was her suggestion.

She posted she recently spoke to the lead detective. She posted detective said it’s still an active investigation and nobody has been cleared. She asked him about homeless shelters and he said they checked junkyard/fruit stand property nearby, local landfill, and one homeless shelter in the area.

She posted she already knew they have a lot of different phone records from several states to review.
My interpretation (IMO): She wants the reader to believe that Fontelle’s children are being looked at by the PPD.

She posted the cold feet theory came directly from the PPD. She posted that each of them considered their theory but promptly rejected it as none of the family members ever believed that their father would walk away. My interpretation (IMO): She’s trying to blame the PPD for the cold feet suggestion. Not sure how she defines “promptly” but I counted 10 comments from her and her older sister posted on IS between 8/14/2009 and 8/21/2009 that in my opinion, implied Bob walked away.

She posted that Paul was the Bob’s closest friend since her parents moved to Placentia, and that perhaps Paul can contribute “some tidbit” that might stimulate investigators about something they missed before. She posted that she emailed Paul’s contact info to the lead investigator about a week ago. My interpretation (IMO): She is downplaying the importance of a witness (Bob’s best friend). She emailed Paul’s contact information to the PPD (~July 28th or 29th) only after she called and spoke to him on July 27th.

I notice she didn’t post anything about planned vigils, searches, posting of fliers, establishing a reward, creating a website, asking posters to link Bob’s missing flier, etc. Yet there were >20 filings by her and her older sister on the Conservatorship of Estate probate case between 8/7/2009 and 6/7/2010 (that doesn‘t include the Trust Proceedings case).

All of you know how much Bob meant to me. I understand this is very hard for all of you. I did not mean to upset you with my posting. Thank you.

Dear CA Exile..I could tell by your postings that you cared VERY much for Bob and you were fair in all of your postings about what you knew and how much you wanted to share what you could about Bob in the hopes of helping us all put our heads together and teaming up to try to come up with some kind of scenario as to what happened to dear Bob. Not once did you point your finger at anyone and I truly appreciate your valor and kindness towards everyone involved. I'm sorry if you got hurt by anyone and hope I wasn't one of the ones that went overboard in asking too much of you.

A little O/T~ I was at In and Out at Placentia and Chapman this a.m. at the end of I think a car chase and there were about 8 police cars..Half PPD, half Fullerton and I thought of you...LOL

My observations on “An Update on Our Father” recently posted by one of the daughters on another forum. Note that this is my personal opinion and I am not asking anyone to agree with me.

Daughter posted Bob never kept his wallet and keys in his pocket unless he was out somewhere. She posted they noticed in a fairly recent photograph that Bob was wearing another pair of glasses that were not found. My interpretation (IMO): She wants the reader to believe that Bob left the house voluntarily and that whatever happened to him did not occur in the house (e.g. a possible confrontation with the SIL, and his wallet, keys, and glasses were then removed from the house with him).

She posted that Bob cannot get into his own home now if he tried with his own set of keys. My interpretation (IMO): She’s not worried that Bob can’t get into the house - she’s still furious that she cannot get into the house. I guess she forgot that her older sister posted on Aug 11, 2009 that the changing of the locks was her suggestion.

She posted she recently spoke to the lead detective. She posted detective said it’s still an active investigation and nobody has been cleared. She asked him about homeless shelters and he said they checked junkyard/fruit stand property nearby, local landfill, and one homeless shelter in the area.

She posted she already knew they have a lot of different phone records from several states to review.
My interpretation (IMO): She wants the reader to believe that Fontelle’s children are being looked at by the PPD.

She posted the cold feet theory came directly from the PPD. She posted that each of them considered their theory but promptly rejected it as none of the family members ever believed that their father would walk away. My interpretation (IMO): She’s trying to blame the PPD for the cold feet suggestion. Not sure how she defines “promptly” but I counted 10 comments from her and her older sister posted on IS between 8/14/2009 and 8/21/2009 that in my opinion, implied Bob walked away.

She posted that Paul was the Bob’s closest friend since her parents moved to Placentia, and that perhaps Paul can contribute “some tidbit” that might stimulate investigators about something they missed before. She posted that she emailed Paul’s contact info to the lead investigator about a week ago. My interpretation (IMO): She is downplaying the importance of a witness (Bob’s best friend). She emailed Paul’s contact information to the PPD (~July 28th or 29th) only after she called and spoke to him on July 27th.

I notice she didn’t post anything about planned vigils, searches, posting of fliers, establishing a reward, creating a website, asking posters to link Bob’s missing flier, etc. Yet there were >20 filings by her and her older sister on the Conservatorship of Estate probate case between 8/7/2009 and 6/7/2010 (that doesn‘t include the Trust Proceedings case).

BBM
Your observations on "An update on Our Father" were answered here on W/S and I am curious as to why they weren't answered on that other forum that it was originally posted on because in all sincerity..I didn't think we could do that...

Thanks, DollyPardonMe,

I can not tell you how much I miss In-N-Out. It is my favorite. I am a fast food junkie. We do not have Del Taco, Jack-In-The-Box, or In-N-Out in VA. Five Guys is getting a lot of press right now, but they are expensive and In-N-Out is much better.

Back to the topic at hand. Everyone has been good to me on this board. When I broke the rules, I was corrected very politely. I encouraged people to ask me questions. I have tried my best to be honest about fact vs. opinion vs. feeling. I know there are some that disagree with me. That is good. This forum is about sharing ideas. I am not offended when someone does not see things my way.

The best thing is more attention has been given to the case. Also, I have started talking to one of Bob's daughters as well as one of Fontelle's children. It has been a pleasure getting back in touch with them. They know a lot more about what is currently happening than I do. I promised not to reveal anything they have told me in confidence. And those that know me know I keep my promises. I believe honor and integrity are things that can not be taken away, they have to be given up.

So, if there are any more questions, ask away. I will do my best to answer them.

Paul,

Do you know how Fontelle is holding up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members