CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OR did the hairdresser supply a cell phone to Bob so she could communicate with him so F would not know....

Hopefully the PPD have that information if they checked the cell phone records. PPD should know what calls were made from the cell phone and what calls were received.

Fontelle could also confirm if Mr. Harrod called her with the cell phone and if she called him on his cell phone.

OR did the hairdresser supply a cell phone to Bob so she could communicate with him so F would not know....

The hairdresser gave Mr. Harrod the cell phone before Fontelle visited from Mo. This must have been when Fontelle and Mr. Harrod were talking for hours everyday.

Fontelle would not have known if Mr. Harrod and the hairdresser were speaking in between their phone calls. She was in Mo.

Seems more likely that since Mr. Harrod did not have long distance on his home phone, a cell phone was secured so that he could use it for calls to Fontelle.

One would hope that has been done over the last year.

So the hairdresser gave Bob the phone so he and F could talk for hours on her dime. Sounds like a generous friend. I wonder if Bob started using the cell phone to call F or if he continued to use his home phone?

One would hope, but many times things you think would be done in an investigation are not done.

The hairdresser gave Mr. Harrod the cell phone before Fontelle visited from Mo. This must have been when Fontelle and Mr. Harrod were talking for hours everyday.

Fontelle would not have known if Mr. Harrod and the hairdresser were speaking in between their phone calls. She was in Mo.

Seems more likely that since Mr. Harrod did not have long distance on his home phone, a cell phone was secured so that he could use it for calls to Fontelle.

It seems adding long distance to an existing line would be simpler for the tech. challenged than learning to use and maintain a cell phone.

I found another set of conflicting details.
From this link-http://www.ocregister.com/news/fontelle-148279-bob-years.html - the third paragraph

""She had this long, long hair," recalled Bob, now 82. "I thought she was fantastic, just beautiful.""

Now if you go to this link - http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html and look at photo 1 of 3, you will see a picture of F with a bobbed haircut.

It seems odd that she would cut radically the feature he found so striking. I wonder if there are any family photographs of them together when her hair was long?

It seems adding long distance to an existing line would be simpler for the tech. challenged than learning to use and maintain a cell phone.

Perhaps she obtained the cell phone for Mr. Harrod in case of an emergency, such as a car breakdown.

From this link-http://www.ocregister.com/news/fontelle-148279-bob-years.html - the third paragraph

""She had this long, long hair," recalled Bob, now 82. "I thought she was fantastic, just beautiful.""

Now if you go to this link - http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html and look at photo 1 of 3, you will see a picture of F with a bobbed haircut.

It seems odd that she would cut radically the feature he found so striking. I wonder if there are any family photographs of them together when her hair was long?

Are you serious?

OOPS! Perhaps a senior moment? Or remembering another.

OR wishful thinking?

Hopefully the PPD have that information if they checked the cell phone records. PPD should know what calls were made from the cell phone and what calls were received.

Fontelle could also confirm if Mr. Harrod called her with the cell phone and if she called him on his cell phone.

I really hope the cell phone was bought for Bob to be able to communicate with Fontelle. Because I would think "Hey, what a wonderful thing to do for these two lovebirds". But, at this point I wish I just trusted the motives of the hairdresser :waitasec:

So, doesn't anyone find it odd that the woman to whom Bob had been something of a benefactor buys HIM a phone so he could communicate with the woman who had forbidden him to give her any more money? Anyone?

So, doesn't anyone find it odd that the woman to whom Bob had been something of a benefactor buys HIM a phone so he could communicate with the woman who had forbidden him to give her any more money? Anyone?

Without more information we can not know what the circumstances were with the cell phone.

Was the cell phone given to Mr. Harrod to call Fontelle or was it given for safety reasons?

Did Mr. Harrod give her the money to buy it for him?

Was it hers and she gave it to him?

Most likely it was given to Mr. Harrod before Fontelle ever came to Ca. to visit Mr. Harrod.

The Cell Phone

She gave Bob the cell phone because he wanted a cheaper way to call Fontelle. He tried Magic Jack and hated it. The hairdresser gave Bob the phone because it has free long distance. Bob used it for a few days and was frustrated with the small buttons. So, he stopped using it. This was what he told me.

Please note that the glasses were placed on the kitchen table by the television media.

Thank you! I am glad to know that as it is not a way a person would usually lay his/her glasses on the table.

Absolutely!

The status of a missing person of Bob Harrod's age should have been classified as Missing Endangered, IMO, if for no other reason than his age. My soft spots are babies, children, and our elderly. Any time one of those are missing, they really are endangered.

GB the daughters. My sincere hope is that somehow their Dad will be located. My Mother will be 88 years old next month and I simply could not bear it were she to be missing. She had been a widow for years when she met the man who became my stepfather. One of the first things she and my stepfather did was to revise their wills as both had grown children. The wills were changed to reflect that they each had their own estates and property, and the beneficiaries (spelling) were to be their own respective children. When my stepfather passed away, everything was taken care of and we all mourned the loss of a wonderful man.

It is none of my business, but does anyone know if Mr. Harrod had a will? Did the daughters ever find out what was in their Mother's will?

"This is an opportunity of a life time we must get together. ... We must never again tempt fate as we did in the past."~~Bob Harrod 2009

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

Something that I just noticed from this article..When Bob went to John Wayne Airport to pick up Fontelle he took her to his home and over coffee he looked down at her hands and noticed she was wearing the engagement ring he had given her so many years before...Did she go out to CA with the intention of getting Bob to marry her? Did they talk about it on the phone? Anybody know?

The status of a missing person of Bob Harrod's age should have been classified as Missing Endangered, IMO, if for no other reason than his age. My soft spots are babies, children, and our elderly. Any time one of those are missing, they really are endangered.

GB the daughters. My sincere hope is that somehow their Dad will be located. My Mother will be 88 years old next month and I simply could not bear it were she to be missing. She had been a widow for years when she met the man who became my stepfather. One of the first things she and my stepfather did was to revise their wills as both had grown children. The wills were changed to reflect that they each had their own estates and property, and the beneficiaries (spelling) were to be their own respective children. When my stepfather passed away, everything was taken care of and we all mourned the loss of a wonderful man.

It is none of my business, but does anyone know if Mr. Harrod had a will? Did the daughters ever find out what was in their Mother's will?

There is a family trust and, IIRC, the mother had her own "will." The night before Mr. Harrod went missing, his daughters went to see him to get copies of their mother's will, which he did not have. That seems to have been a point of further contention in the family.

I think that is what the disagreement was the night before Mr Harrod went missing LaLaw..Mr Harrod, as conservator, of his wife's estate was supposed to turn the paperwork over to his daughters and he kept refusing to do it. I think the trust was primarily for the daughters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think by law..it was his responsibility to hand over all paperwork to his daughters and he refused.

I think that is what the disagreement was the night before Mr Harrod went missing LaLaw..Mr Harrod, as conservator, of his wife's estate was supposed to turn the paperwork over to his daughters and he kept refusing to do it. I think the trust was primarily for the daughters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think by law..it was his responsibility to hand over all paperwork to his daughters and he refused.

There are two sides to this story.

"The day before he disappeared, his daughters -- PB, RB and JM-- went to his home in Placentia. The four argued about money, police say.

According to Fontelle, Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate. According to court filings, his daughters estimated Bob had property and savings worth at least $1 million."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

"His daughter, Roberta, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate.

"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member