CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always believed that following the money in Bob's case would lead to the answers. Still do.

What has, and continues to bother me, is the question of who would stand to gain the most by Bob being "missing" as opposed to being "deceased." Considering what has unfolded since Bob's been missing, there is still no clear answer to that question, IMO. Seems to me, both sides have benefitted to some extent.

Still, it never ceases to amaze me how clever murderers believe themselves to be. Thanks to modern-day technology, it's fairly easy to put the puzzle together. Spinning a tale on the Internet cannot erase the actual truth.

You mean other than the media blitz that Fontelle staged over the last year?

You are so right though, ShowMe-following the money is going to lead to the answer. SNIPPED.....

Can you even believe it?? I know I cannot.

I believe very little of what is being posted here and have faith that the police will prove this when they go public, once the mystery is solved.

The truth will come out some day and I believe only the truth will reveal the motivations of all parties, including the anonymous sources.

The media has never reported on any efforts to find Bob. They have not reported recently on updates to the investigation.

It is obvious that not all objective opinions have been welcomed here.

IMO: I do not agree with "the group" opinions with so few proven facts from official sources. I have zero faith in accuracy of media and anonymous sources.

I am not convinced as easily as others.
Hard cold facts from the police are the only I will believe.

I believe very little of what is being posted here and have faith that the police will prove this when they go public, once the mystery is solved.

The truth will come out some day and I believe only the truth will reveal the motivations of all parties, including the anonymous sources.

The media has never reported on any efforts to find Bob. They have not reported recently on updates to the investigation.

IMO: I do not agree with "the group" opinions with so few proven facts from official sources. I have zero faith in accuracy of media and anonymous sources.

Objective being the key word here - I don't believe you've ever shared your theory as to what has happened to Bob. Without attacking the opinions of others, can you share your opinion on that?

Not sure if you've followed the public posts of the daughters elsewhere but, for the most part, I believe the opinions of most followers of this case have been based on those posts. Depending on interpretation, of course. Those posts have hardly been "anonymous."

I have always believed that following the money in Bob's case would lead to the answers. Still do.

What has, and continues to bother me, is the question of who would stand to gain the most by Bob being "missing" as opposed to being "deceased." Considering what has unfolded since Bob's been missing, there is still no clear answer to that question, IMO. Seems to me, both sides have benefitted to some extent.

Still, it never ceases to amaze me how clever murderers believe themselves to be. Thanks to modern-day technology, it's fairly easy to put the puzzle together. Spinning a tale on the Internet cannot erase the actual truth.

I don't see Fontelle as benefitting at all, but I guess we see it differently.

Year 1 - Bob goes missing
Year 2 - Two of the daughters are named co-conservators of the estate and co-trustees of the trust
Year 5 – Bob could be declared dead if not found
Year 5 - Trust assets pass to named beneficiaries

I don't see Fontelle as benefitting at all, but I guess we see it differently.

Certainly Bob's disappearance at that point would not benefit Fontelle financially. Let's consider the status of things on the evening of the 26th: Bob has informed his daughters that he intends on including Fontelle in his estate, and he informs Fontelle of that conversation. At that point, until Bob can amend his papers, Fontelle is not included in his will, and and the daughters know this. For Fontelle to profit, Bob would need to survive long enough to change his will.

The situation is totally reversed for Bob's daughters. If Bob is killed (or disappears permanently) before changing his will, then they will not need to share nearly as much, if anything of consequence, with Fontelle.

All of this is JMO, but from this vantage point, it would seem that the timing of Bob's disappearance/murder can only help the financial prospects of his daughters and grandson.

Certainly Bob's disappearance at that point would not benefit Fontelle financially. Let's consider the status of things on the evening of the 26th: Bob has informed his daughters that he intends on including Fontelle in his estate, and he informs Fontelle of that conversation. At that point, until Bob can amend his papers, Fontelle is not included in his will, and and the daughters know this. For Fontelle to profit, Bob would need to survive long enough to change his will.

The situation is totally reversed for Bob's daughters. If Bob is killed (or disappears permanently) before changing his will, then they will not need to share nearly as much, if anything of consequence, with Fontelle.

All of this is JMO, but from this vantage point, it would seem that the timing of Bob's disappearance/murder can only help the financial prospects of his daughters and grandson.

Agree. There really is no mystery with this case.

BBM

ShowMe....Last year, daughter P posted more than once that her BIL saw the hairdresser's vechicle behaving strangely in the neighborhood on July 27, 2009.

All daughters have pointed the finger at the hairdresser, when the fact is the hairdresser has been cleared.

Do you have faith with their accuracy?

Objective being the key word here - I don't believe you've ever shared your theory as to what has happened to Bob. Without attacking the opinions of others, can you share your opinion on that?

Not sure if you've followed the public posts of the daughters elsewhere but, for the most part, I believe the opinions of most followers of this case have been based on those posts. Depending on interpretation, of course. Those posts have hardly been "anonymous."

Actually, ShowMe did post a theory. Not sure if it has changed since then…

[snipped]
I think he ran off overwhelmed over his recent hasty decisions and, like most seniors, is unable to confront things head on.

[snipped]
I think, when he had a chance to think things over in his current state of mind, Bob was most likely going to "take it out on the world" but his tantrum backfired horribly somewhere along the way and is not getting the result he desired.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009

Thanks cloud-ShowMe may still believe in the accuracy of his/her statements that you captured above.

It defies what has been substantially documented, but never the less it is an opinion.

FWIW, ShowMe, no one here is obligated to change your mind-you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest. You can believe or disbelieve whatever you choose-it is your first ammendment right.

I believe in the police as well-I think PPD have done a thorough investigation and I believe that what will be evident upon the release of any doc's associated with the case will be exactly the "truth" as presented by those who may have had a hand in concealing what happened to this poor man in his own home on the morning of 7/27/2009. Accuracy-well that is another story.

There is no reward. There is no media blitz by his children. There is a WWW blitz of disparaging statements that do not disappear just because the threads have been buried or the postings deleted. The fact that they have been is amusing at best and sinister at the worst.

Time will tell. Bob will surface in some way when he is ready to have his story told. All the pieces will fit sometime soon.

Has anyone seen any indication that there have been any eviction cases winding it's way through court regarding GS house? I wonder if CA is substantially different from other states regarding this..and would this be considered an eviction or a foreclosure?

Actually, ShowMe did post a theory. Not sure if it has changed since then…

[snipped]
I think he ran off overwhelmed over his recent hasty decisions and, like most seniors, is unable to confront things head on.

[snipped]
I think, when he had a chance to think things over in his current state of mind, Bob was most likely going to "take it out on the world" but his tantrum backfired horribly somewhere along the way and is not getting the result he desired.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009

Thank you - guess I had forgotten. Doesn't seem a very likely scenario at this point, though it is a valid opinion. He would have to have some $$$ on which to live. After this length of time, I believe any evidence of this theory would have been found. Another "follow the money" scenario, I think.

You know what would be the kicker for me? Of there was no evidence in Bob's records that he gave the hairdresser any money at all. That might actually tip the scales for a lot of folks that are fence sitting.

You know what would be the kicker for me? Of there was no evidence in Bob's records that he gave the hairdresser any money at all. That might actually tip the scales for a lot of folks that are fence sitting.

I'm sure if Bobs daughters had any evidence of such they would make it viewable to the public. Same thing with if they had taken and polygraphs and passed. I think we can safely assume neither exits or happened otherwise we'd see evidence of either from the daughters or via MSM.

jmo

The idea that Robert H gave / loaned money to the hairdresser was a cornerstone of why the daughters and others felt she could be guilty.

Is it possible to get a copy of the CA Senior Protective Services report?
It may have some valid information.

The idea that Robert H gave / loaned money to the hairdresser was a cornerstone of why the daughters and others felt she could be guilty.

Is it possible to get a copy of the CA Senior Protective Services report?
It may have some valid information.

Would be very interesting to see, but I don't think it's possible to get it. From reading at the website it sounds like it's kept confidential.

Daughter P posted on Aug 13, 2009 that she "believed" daughter J (wife of SIL, mother of grandson) was the one who called in the 2nd report. I wonder if she called the 24 hour hotline and when she made the call?

http://egov.ocgov.com/ocgov/Social Services Agency/Abuse Reporting

The hairdresser story never rang true to me only because if her designs on Mr. Harrod were material, she could have blackmailed him if there was some evidence of impropriety OR why kill the cash cow? Makes no sense. She would not benefit in the slightest from his disappearance.

His immediate family members have benefited quite alot in that they now have control of the money he would not give them ready access to. If you believe the discussions regarding how he did not cooperate regarding trust documents etc.

Now I would think the probate court records are available to the public although not online. They might make some interesting reading. I know a lot of states require the parties to make an attempt at mediation prior to getting before the judge.

Would be very interesting to see, but I don't think it's possible to get it. From reading at the website it sounds like it's kept confidential.

Daughter P posted on Aug 13, 2009 that she "believed" daughter J (wife of SIL, mother of grandson) was the one who called in the 2nd report. I wonder if she called the 24 hour hotline and when she made the call?

http://egov.ocgov.com/ocgov/Social Services Agency/Abuse Reporting

Yes, the timing of the second call to SS would be interesting to know. Could it be that J made the call on July 27 or July 28?

We know the SIL reported a vehicle matching the hairdresser's behaving strangely near Mr. Harrod's house the day of his disappearance. The hairdresser has been cleared.

Was the second SS call and SIL's report used as a way to point suspicion elsewhere?

You know...these theories remind me of the old fairy tale, Goldielocks and the three Bears...one is too hard, one is too soft, but one is JUST right! We will find the answer that is "just right"!!

LOL, suzyQ!

While we are waiting, two things I have been pondering...one is, of course, what time the CVS receipt shows for the purchase of the soda and the paperplates. Of course LE has that info, but it would be interesting to see where it falls within the timeline and at what CVS the purchase was made.

The other thing I have been learning about is durable power of attorneys-most trust documents or trust vehicles include them. This is so the successor Trustee (the attorney in fact) can operate on behalf of the intial trustee should the trustee become incapacitated...I am assuming that this is the basis for the take over of the trust that happened in what? August of last year? I will have to go back and pull the IS posts (IIRC) that refer to the daughters taking over the management of the trust shortly after Bob went missing.

Interestingly enough, not all trusts contain unlimited powers of attorney-they can be limited in scope according to the wishes of the administrator of the trust when it is established. I also learned that there is not necessarily a conflict of interest when a successor trustee is also appointed a conservator of a trust. In fact, it can be recommended because the attorney in fact probably has an idea of the scope of the finances involved and can adequately represent the estate.

I hate thinking about this case as an estate. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member