Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate thinking about this case as an estate. :(

That's hardly your fault. That's how his family treated him. That's why he was murdered. Note that the first time that they saw him after the 'break' he requested was not to check in on his health, or for a celebration of his new marriage, but for (more) money talk. I don't remember hearing anything about his children giving him and Fontelle wedding presents. (Hard to imagine that Bob would have made the same omission regarding the marriages of P, R, J, and A.)

Still, no reward. Not even a humble one. I've seen families who have nowhere near the resources of the (middle-aged) Harrod children put together some generous rewards in other cases. But let's just imagine that they are all 'extremely frugal'. If that's the case, then why not hold a vigil? The media outlets that covered Bob (and Fontelle's) stories would cover it. The monetary costs would be minuscule. Bob's daughters appear to be 'retired' -- surely they have time to devote to it. So, why has it never happened?

I know -- it's a stupid question. It's for the same reason we've never heard about any of them -- daughter J, SiL J, or A -- taking or passing a polygraph. It's for the same reason they point fingers at cleared people. It's for the same reason that they have not availed themselves of the resources (e.g., media) that virtually all families of missing people do. It has to be bloody obvious to the PPD that some of Bob's loathsome children are directly involved in his murder, and likely all of them have been accessories after the fact.

I think that the character assassination that the daughters orchestrated after July 2009 likely tells us a lot about them than it could ever tell us about Bob -- pretty much every aspersion they cast about him reflects their own actions (or inaction) since he was killed. Stingy? How about 'no reward'. Bob didn't care enough about Georgia? His actions revealed infinitely more love towards his wife than his daughters' actions following his disappearance. 'Secretive'? His daughters do not appear to be cooperating with the police, nor using the media.

As frustrating as all of this is for those of us who seek justice, at the very least we have the potential for many wrongs to be addressed here: three daughters stripped of their inheritance ('blood money' comes to mind), spending the remainder of their retirement in prison. Perhaps A and SiL J will be in the same facility as well? How nice it would be for them.

LOL, suzyQ!

While we are waiting, two things I have been pondering...one is, of course, what time the CVS receipt shows for the purchase of the soda and the paperplates. Of course LE has that info, but it would be interesting to see where it falls within the timeline and at what CVS the purchase was made.

~~Snipped~~

Agree. Which CVS did the SIL stop at to purchase the soda/paperplates and what time did he stop.

It would also be interesting to see SIL's 3:04 pm Home Depot receipt. What did SIL purchase and are the item(s) still at Mr. Harrod's house?

I wonder what SIL told PPD he was repairing the day Mr. Harrod disappeared.

That's hardly your fault. That's how his family treated him. That's why he was murdered. Note that the first time that they saw him after the 'break' he requested was not to check in on his health, or for a celebration of his new marriage, but for (more) money talk. I don't remember hearing anything about his children giving him and Fontelle wedding presents. (Hard to imagine that Bob would have made the same omission regarding the marriages of P, R, J, and A.)

Still, no reward. Not even a humble one. I've seen families who have nowhere near the resources of the (middle-aged) Harrod children put together some generous rewards in other cases. But let's just imagine that they are all 'extremely frugal'. If that's the case, then why not hold a vigil? The media outlets that covered Bob (and Fontelle's) stories would cover it. The monetary costs would be minuscule. Bob's daughters appear to be 'retired' -- surely they have time to devote to it. So, why has it never happened?

I know -- it's a stupid question. It's for the same reason we've never heard about any of them -- daughter J, SiL J, or A -- taking or passing a polygraph. It's for the same reason they point fingers at cleared people. It's for the same reason that they have not availed themselves of the resources (e.g., media) that virtually all families of missing people do. It has to be bloody obvious to the PPD that some of Bob's loathsome children are directly involved in his murder, and likely all of them have been accessories after the fact.

I think that the character assassination that the daughters orchestrated after July 2009 likely tells us a lot about them than it could ever tell us about Bob -- pretty much every aspersion they cast about him reflects their own actions (or inaction) since he was killed. Stingy? How about 'no reward'. Bob didn't care enough about Georgia? His actions revealed infinitely more love towards his wife than his daughters' actions following his disappearance. 'Secretive'? His daughters do not appear to be cooperating with the police, nor using the media.

As frustrating as all of this is for those of us who seek justice, at the very least we have the potential for many wrongs to be addressed here: three daughters stripped of their inheritance ('blood money' comes to mind), spending the remainder of their retirement in prison. Perhaps A and SiL J will be in the same facility as well? How nice it would be for them.

IMO, Mr. Harrod's three grown daughters have never done anything positive and productive to search for their father. They have offered excuses as to why they could not assist with finding out what happened to their father.

• "totally baffled and traumatized"
  • "emotionally paralyzed"
  • "bewildered"
  • "baby steps"
  • "frozen state"

These excuses don't apply with the daughter's actions towards Mr. Harrod's estate. The daughters do not seem frozen or bewildered when it comes to the money.

IMO, Mr. Harrod's three grown daughters have never done anything positive and productive to search for their father. They have offered excuses as to why they could not assist with finding out what happened to their father.

• "totally baffled and traumatized"
  • "emotionally paralyzed"
  • "bewildered"
  • "baby steps"
  • "frozen state"
These excuses don't apply with the daughter's actions towards Mr. Harrod's estate. The daughters do not seem frozen or bewildered when it comes to the money.

As we follow the money, exactly!

moo

Certainly Bob's disappearance at that point would not benefit Fontelle financially. Let's consider the status of things on the evening of the 26th: Bob has informed his daughters that he intends on including Fontelle in his estate, and he informs Fontelle of that conversation. At that point, until Bob can amend his papers, Fontelle is not included in his will, and and the daughters know this. For Fontelle to profit, Bob would need to survive long enough to change his will.

The situation is totally reversed for Bob's daughters. If Bob is killed (or disappears permanently) before changing his will, then they will not need to share nearly as much, if anything of consequence, with Fontelle.
All of this is JMO, but from this vantage point, it would seem that the timing of Bob's disappearance/murder can only help the financial prospects of his daughters and grandson.

BBM~

THE AFTERMATH

Notes written in Bob Harrod's hand found around the house indicate Bob Harrod intended to put his new wife's name on various accounts, Loomis said. Police say that, including properties and other assets, Bob Harrod was a multi-millionaire.

Bob Harrod and his three daughters had an argument over finances the Sunday before he vanished.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html

~Bumping for Mr. Harrod~

I don't care WHAT those daughters spewed all over the internet...my gut tells me Mr. Harrod was a decent, generous and kind Gentleman. I will never stop thinking about him or trying to find out who hurt him!

A few posters have raised things that I want to explore....what IF the daughters had some kind of role (large or small) in this disappearance? What would happen to the estate then? I know that in CA and most other states, you cannot reap a benefit if you have committed a crime. In the event that there is malfeasance that can be proven, the conservators and the attorney in fact or successor trustee would have to make the estate whole.

Yikes, that could hurt. Depending on what expenditures there have been of course.

So, I wonder if there were successors chosen for the current conservators? Would the control of the estate pass to them? So unless they have had a hand in this disappearance as well, they would likely move into the roles currently being held by others.

That might be a lot of incentive to turn anyone in if you, as the successor(s) to the current attorney in fact/conservators, did not have a hand in this event.

Not to mention, it would be a nice way to bring some closure to this wife and family...both sides of course.

What if the Sunday meeting on 7/26/09 was not about the bypass trust etc? What if Bob was simply announcing that Fontelle would be added to all of the accounts and included in estate planning. What if there was an attempt to convince him otherwise that led to the argument about finances?

I mean we only have the word of the interested parties that the discussion was about the division of assets of the trust (presumably) or about the bypass trust, or about Georgia's estate. The interested parties cannot agree whether or not it was a heated discussion IIRC.

What if the Sunday meeting on 7/26/09 was not about the bypass trust etc? What if Bob was simply announcing that Fontelle would be added to all of the accounts and included in estate planning. What if there was an attempt to convince him otherwise that led to the argument about finances?

I mean we only have the word of the interested parties that the discussion was about the division of assets of the trust (presumably) or about the bypass trust, or about Georgia's estate. The interested parties cannot agree whether or not it was a heated discussion IIRC.

Well, that is an interesting thought.

And no one has heard what Fontelle has to say about the phone conversation with Robert that Sunday evening.

Well, that is an interesting thought.

And no one has heard what Fontelle has to say about the phone conversation with Robert that Sunday evening.

You are absolutely right. That info has not been released. Unlike the statement regarding the argument about finances. Which is pretty general.

Hmmm.

Mr. Harrod left notes to add his wife to his accounts and estate plans. I think there is every chance that this was part of Sunday's discussion since it would affect the standing of the other survivors.

I have never understood why Bob would hold a 'meeting' to turn over copies of anything to his daughters (which is, I believe, what they stated was its purpose). If he even had any responsibility for this (of which I'm unsure -- I would have thought his lawyer responsible), I don't see why he didn't just mail the copies to his daughters, or allow them to pick copies up at their mutual convenience. (Keeping in mind, of course, that Bob had not seen them in months, of his own choosing.)

A meeting suggests discussion. I don't really see why Bob would care to initiate it other than courtesy, so I wouldn't be surprised if the daughters initiated it. In this case, the discussion should not properly be a negotiation, since, in this case, the daughters have nothing to offer and hence no position from which to negotiate. All they can do is make requests or demands.

Well that sums it up nicely, Montjoy!

So if the daughters requested the family meeting, what would the subject matter have been? Had they already been notified by call or email that Fontelle was being added to the accounts and estate? Perhaps they wanted to debate it if it were the case.

Well that sums it up nicely, Montjoy!

So if the daughters requested the family meeting, what would the subject matter have been? Had they already been notified by call or email that Fontelle was being added to the accounts and estate? Perhaps they wanted to debate it if it were the case.

If the daughters requested the meeting,
could it have been to see if they would continue to be Robert's principal heirs?
Or maybe they wanted a separate trust fund for each one of them?

In the early WS/IS posts, the information was that the Sunday meeting was about a trust.

And maybe 'trust' holds a kernel of truth?
IF
the meeting was NOT as originally described.

could it have been to see if they would continue to be Robert's principal heirs?

In the early WS/IS posts, the information was that the Sunday meeting was about a trust.

IF

I think that is a fair question, dream. I think that IF the meeting was not actually about the division of assets between the Harrod Family Trust and the bypass trust, it may have been regarding who would get what and who the principal heirs would be and whether or not Fontelle would be put in place of one of the daughters as the conservator or successor trustee.

Imagine how that would have hurt. Sort of like being disinherited, but not really.

Someone, anyone in this family who remembers Bob with affection and who might have any information whatsoever in regards to his whereabouts is going to have many nights of more restful sleep if they can get it off of their chest. JMVHO.

Someone, anyone in this family who remembers Bob with affection and who might have any information whatsoever in regards to his whereabouts is going to have many nights of more restful sleep if they can get it off of their chest. JMVHO.

IMO, restful sleep aside, I have a hunch that the daughter who is first to speak up to the police will likely be the only one who can cut a deal to avoid prosecution which would make her ineligible to inherit. When all is said and done, and the truth comes out, unless SiL or GS comes forward, I don't see it as being possible for multiple daughters to end up inheriting the trust/estate, given the wealth of evidence to support accessory after the fact charges. (Again, IMO.)

IF

Has anyone besides me noticed how the daughters have flip-flopped regarding whether the meeting was about the trust or their mothers will? The two terms have/had been repeatedly interchanged prior to the sanitizing of their posts.....

IMO, the reason they flipflopped so much on exactly what it was they were discussing has to do with the lack of truth coming from them regarding the Sunday meeting.

jmo

I think that is a fair question, dream. I think that IF the meeting was not actually about the division of assets between the Harrod Family Trust and the bypass trust, it may have been regarding who would get what and who the principal heirs would be and whether or not Fontelle would be put in place of one of the daughters as the conservator or successor trustee.

Imagine how that would have hurt. Sort of like being disinherited, but not really.

BBM. I agree. I have the feeling someone is going to be coming forward soon. That is, if they have the courage to do so and not continue to allow the other family members to manipulate and intimidate....

of course that is speculation and jmo.... but I have a feeling it won't be long.

jmo

There is a practical aspect of course with anyone associated with this case coming forward-of course there is a large estate in play.

Perhaps some thought should be given to what might happen if people involved in this disappearance continue to stand shoulder to shoulder on a sinking ship....surely someone is willing to save themselves.

Oh well. In the interim we look for Bob.

"shoulder to shoulder on a sinking ship" is exactly it.... I find it hard to believe all family members would continue to stand on that sinking ship when minor children are involved. They certainly did not ask for any of this, and it would be a shame if they had to pay the repercussions based on poor choices made and continued poor choices made by choosing not to come forward. They are innocent in all this and depending on doing the right or wrong thing their entire lives and future stands to take drastic changes they never asked to be part of.

jmvho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member