CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone besides me noticed how the daughters have flip-flopped regarding whether the meeting was about the trust or their mothers will? The two terms have/had been repeatedly interchanged prior to the sanitizing of their posts.....

IMO, the reason they flipflopped so much on exactly what it was they were discussing has to do with the lack of truth coming from them regarding the Sunday meeting.

jmo

10/8/2009-"His daughter, R, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate."

R-8/11/2010(IS)"We did NOT argue about money and we did not discuss money. Dad had failed to live up to his obligations as trustee of our Mother's Bypass trust and he scheduled the meeting for all of us so he could provide beneficiary copies of reports as required by law. He told me that he wanted to "get this over with" he said "before Fontelle returns because it is none of her business".

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html

"Thank you so much for your input regarding the disappearance of Bob Harrod. There just continues to be so much frustration by our family. I am a sister to Calif. Native and now that she has gone back to work I thought I would give you a detail from my point of view.

1.) There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms."

This is the beginning of daughter P's first post on IS. She is volunteering the information that there were NO threats. No one asked. This leads me to believe there were indeed threats at that heated Sunday meeting that took place the day before Mr. Harrod disappeared. Could there have been concern that Mr. Harrod told Fontelle exactly what occurred at that Sunday meeting?

Last post on FB page is 10/2/10.
New pic shows Robert as a young man.

Yes. That will certainly help people recognize him.

Of course! My missing dad and this is what he looked like when I was a twinkle in his eye a half century ago. Who does that exactly help? Doy!!!

Nice to see Bobs Girls (and Dna can prove that if by chance they decide, this guy is an imposter!!! ) put to words their memories of Dad. And sadly this time, it is not on Bobs dime. :croc:

There must have been a good reason why Bob told his 3 daughters to leave him alone.

IMO, it must have been hard being surrounded by some vultures wanting more-more-more.

He found another chance at happiness with someone who probably loved him for him.

IMO, they weren’t going allow changes to the estate to happen.

Speculation that perhaps there was one who was the most relentless in the quest and used manipulation to get others to do their bidding without them even knowing it. I would be taking a real close look at that one.

I wish Bob had videotaped the Sunday “meeting.” It must have been nightmarish, IMO.

I hope that Bob shared what happened in detail with Fontelle. It would have been a tough burden for him to carry if he believed his children were in it for the money.

I think a lot of families go through this when a loved one passes-"mine mine mine mine mine" without conceding that the surviving spouse is in fact the person who owns/controls/ is primary beneficiary of the money and the items. Imagine if Bob actually wanted to have his things around him in his home that reminded him of the 59 years he and Georgia had together!

We have established using the daughters own words that they had liberal access to their mother's things, in spite of them implying otherwise. We have established that they could have obtained copies of their mother's will by the avenue any of us could have taken with a public document.

Someone called the Elder Abuse hotline twice. How embarrassing for Bob. We have established through statements of his primary care physician that he had no, none, not one iota of any mental acuity issues. How humiliating for this private man to have the state come knocking on his door because of spurious accusations of memory issues.

:(

Loomis confirmed that police were using a lie-detector test, but would not disclose publicly the results or to whom the tests would be administered.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/harrod-232302-bob-police.html

Daughter R: Aug. 2009 "Did someone say polygraph again? Me first, me first, I wanna do it!

I don't think PPD has the resources but would be glad to see EVERYBODY have a polygraph! Yes indeed!"

It would be interesting to know if R did indeed agree to be polygraphed. If she did I wonder what the results were.

It would also be interesting to know which family members refused to be polygraphed.

I will spot you one Angelo-I would love to know of everyone who took polygraphs and passed/failed/were inconclusive and everyone who was cleared by receipts, store cameras, documentation such as plane tickets, bus tickets...any info that would have proven them to be elsewhere during the day of Bob's disappearance. Definitively.

And I would love to know more of who was in the house on that day and when. The following days seem pretty well documented via interviews, either with the media or filmed by the media. We know again from JM's own words the day after Bob disappeared that there was a moving target of a timeline. No one seems to know when they actually called Bob, spoke with Bob or saw Bob. Except the housekeeper of course.

Ah well. It is nice to have wish lists, lol!

Polygraphs of course cannot be used for anything but an investigative tool. It all depends on the skill of the polygraph expert to interpret the results, and the physical/mental health of the person taking it. You cannot take them if you are on certain medications because it can skew the results.

Remember Diane Zamora? I remember watching Dateline or 48 hours when they gave her (recently) polygraphs to establish whether or not her ever changing story was true. She would hyperventilate to throw the test off.

Did we ever establish if there was any surveillance equipment in the neighborhood? I am quite certain if there was, LE has the tapes. It may not be definitive in terms of "proof" but at a minimum it would debunk the black SUV which was bandied about early on and perhaps even when vehicles were arriving/departing from Bob's neighborhood. ETA: maybe that is why the black SUV was quickly debunked.

It never occurred to me until now, but I wonder if they went as far as collecting tapes for any surveillance equipment from AH's neighborhood?

Again, just speculation while we wait.

Did we ever establish if there was any surveillance equipment in the neighborhood? I am quite certain if there was, LE has the tapes. It may not be definitive in terms of "proof" but at a minimum it would debunk the black SUV which was bandied about early on and perhaps even when vehicles were arriving/departing from Bob's neighborhood. ETA: maybe that is why the black SUV was quickly debunked.

It never occurred to me until now, but I wonder if they went as far as collecting tapes for any surveillance equipment from AH's neighborhood?

Again, just speculation while we wait.

Good question. AH is just a stones throw away from Mr. Harrod's house. Since Mr. Harrod's home is in a sub-division there would not be the through-traffic to deal with when checking surveillance video.

I hope that Bob shared what happened in detail with Fontelle. It would have been a tough burden for him to carry if he believed his children were in it for the money.

I think a lot of families go through this when a loved one passes-"mine mine mine mine mine" without conceding that the surviving spouse is in fact the person who owns/controls/ is primary beneficiary of the money and the items. Imagine if Bob actually wanted to have his things around him in his home that reminded him of the 59 years he and Georgia had together!

We have established using the daughters own words that they had liberal access to their mother's things, in spite of them implying otherwise. We have established that they could have obtained copies of their mother's will by the avenue any of us could have taken with a public document.

Someone called the Elder Abuse hotline twice. How embarrassing for Bob. We have established through statements of his primary care physician that he had no, none, not one iota of any mental acuity issues. How humiliating for this private man to have the state come knocking on his door because of spurious accusations of memory issues.

:(

I'm on the fence exactly how much Bob may have shared with Fontelle and when, for two reasons. He was a private person and he probably didn't want to dump the problems his grown children where causing him in such a short time.

As for any 'memory issues' alleged by Bobs children, I'd be a betting person and say his selective memory, if any, was likely when asked about things that were none of his adult childrens business. I can see Bob taking the 'I don't remember' approach after he realized any normal adult discussion he attempted to have with his adult children regarding his business was like :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead.

I think it is likely his friend Paul was the person Bob confided in most regarding the troubles with his children and their families. Hopefully Paul has shared what he knows regarding those troubles with LE.

jmo

GREAT Angelo!!! I have a feeling the tide is turning in this case...just a gut. ;)

Does anyone know if PPD has obtained a copy of Bobs dentals and DNA?

His NamUs page still indicate neither are available.

Dental

Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/2706

I would think a copy of dental records and a dna sample would have been done in the initial months following his disappearance. I wonder why close to 15 months later his NamUs info is not updated, perhaps PPD is having a difficult time obtaining dna for comparison?
NamUs usually updates when DNA has been collected and the sample is being processed but not yet complete. This simply states neither are available. Hmmm :waitasec:

Rather difficult to compare Bob's DNA to any remains that might be found, huh? Especially those that were found out near or on Harrod Road. For some reason, my brain just won't let go of the possibility of that being Bob that was found out there.

Rather difficult to compare Bob's DNA to any remains that might be found, huh? Especially those that were found out near or on Harrod Road. For some reason, my brain just won't let go of the possibility of that being Bob that was found out there.

Me too and so we wait. Not much the ME can do if he doesn't have DNA to compare to his UID. It would be nice to know either way. Even if the dna comparison came back "not a match" at least we'd know no stone was being left unturned.

Does anyone know if PPD has obtained a copy of Bobs dentals and DNA?

His NamUs page still indicate neither are available.

Dental

Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/2706

I would think a copy of dental records and a dna sample would have been done in the initial months following his disappearance. I wonder why close to 15 months later his NamUs info is not updated, perhaps PPD is having a difficult time obtaining dna for comparison?
NamUs usually updates when DNA has been collected and the sample is being processed but not yet complete. This simply states neither are available. Hmmm :waitasec:

I spoke with Detective Radomski about that-he was surprised and said he would get that corrected. I do not know if he has both a profile and dentals that have not been put into NAMUS, or simply one or the other.

It will be nice to get a few UID's we have seen in the area ruled out as Bob. I mean there is always a chance he is in a waterway somewhere-there was plenty of time to make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee